Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,105 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Macomb, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I initially came in contact with a recruiter during a Target presentation in one of my lectures. I applied and interviewed for (MI, OH, IN) region with Target over the holiday, in total the process took 3 weeks but would have been shorter if Christmas and New Years didn't fall in between the interview dates. The interview process was split into four parts: three interviews and one online assessment. The first and second interview took place over the phone and the the third interview was with the district manager of the district I would be assigned to. All three interviews utilize STAR/Behavior type questions that are prepared by HQ. One piece of advice I can give is, speak to results. You really want to describe the situation and be as specific as you possibly can, if not they will ask a follow question to try and get you to go deeper. It also helps to gather common STAR based questions and come up with a few scenarios prior to the interview, so when you finally get to your interview you can adapt and think quickly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you received new information that changed a decision you had already made?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2017.

Interview

I heard that I had been selected for an interview about two and a half weeks after applying -- my first interview was with a lady from HR headquarters. I was advanced to the next round with a district and store team lead at the end of that first interview. About a week later, I had a FaceTime interview with the district team leader and then the next day an over-the-phone interview with a store team leader. 4 days later I heard back that I had been selected.
    I don't want to be too overdone about this, but I really don't think you could ask more from an interview process -- the HR person that I got to work with was incredibly kind and helpful as a resource during the process. The district team leader that I spoke with was personable and friendly and so was the store team leader. As an additional plus, as you can see from the above description, the process moved very quickly. One other component -- right before my last two interviews, there's an assessment you have to take. You'll only have 48 hours to complete it from the time they email you -- they say an hour, but it's more like 90 minutes I would say (parts are timed, but parts are not so that's why it can get a little longer if you take a while to think). In general, I'm really appreciative for the people i got to interview with and the process in general -- it was much better in almost every regard than any other position for which I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• I can give you the specific questions they gave me, but I know another person who was interviewing at the same time and they obviously vary questions -- however, if you know all the questions on Glassdoor here -- you'll be totally good. I prepared for all of them and it was really useful -- of the 15 "tell me about a time when" questions I fielded over the three interviews, none of them surprised me. So, if you're really serious about this position, make the time and practice your responses or at least have an example ready to go for each question that folks have listed in their reviews. I'll mention a few below, but they're repeats from others that are on here --
      -Tell me about a time you had to give something up due to a work commitment.
      -Tell me about a time you coached someone at work.
      -Tell me about a time you collaborated with others when making a decision that would affect team members (at work) -- I can't remember the exact phrasing.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is long and it takes awhile for Target to get back to you. The interview process was hard to prepare for but typical STAR format question and answers will get you through it

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your boss   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter was incredibly nice and the interview was very conversational! They want you to have your preferred location nailed down before the start of the interview. Also, be sure to review the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were given conflicting information and how you handled that   2 Answers

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview for entry level management consists of 3 interviews. The first two are with Store Managers from the district to which you would be in. The third is with the district manager. All of the questions are "tell me about a time" questions geared around specific situations in which you showed leadership in a work or other professional environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your understanding of a long term goal changed your day to day activities at work or a similar setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

An offer was made that was already pretty great. I went in knowing what was going to be offered so I accepted it right away.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call basic phone screening
    Call with Recruiter going over Star questions maybe 5 questions "tell me about a time " etc. after that they schedule an in person interview with a store team leader, if you make it pass the store team leader, you have a phone interview with district team leads and Hr partner via phone. If you make it or don't make if they give you a call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to provide feedback to an associate   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate was more than i expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The process look about 6 weeks, and I had 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview at a Target Store. After the first phone interview, there was an hour-long online test that tested your problem solving and personality. It was actually quote difficult. After the 4th interview, they lead you to believe that you had a really strong chance, and then simply sent an email saying I didn't get the job, and that I could not find out more information why, or even contact any of the recruiters back again. It was strange and frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when.............. you made a decision that affected your entire team, and ended up poorly.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target in December 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled for a first round phone interview with someone from HR. I skipped class ( was still in college at the time ) so I could have the interview. Waited, and waited, and waited, and no one even called. When I reached out to the HR recruiter who scheduled the interview, I was told "something hectic" occurred at one of the stores and therefore they were unable to attend to the interview.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Interview

They asked a variety of different situational based questions. The interview was conducted over the phone and lasted approximately 20 minutes. It is best to do some research and preparation for the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

1 interview with very friendly people. They seemed as if they were interviewing multiple people but it was just 1:2. They were nice and explained the job position well. I didn't get any farther than that first interview.