Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,110 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,110 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview for entry level management consists of 3 interviews. The first two are with Store Managers from the district to which you would be in. The third is with the district manager. All of the questions are "tell me about a time" questions geared around specific situations in which you showed leadership in a work or other professional environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your understanding of a long term goal changed your day to day activities at work or a similar setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

An offer was made that was already pretty great. I went in knowing what was going to be offered so I accepted it right away.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call basic phone screening
    Call with Recruiter going over Star questions maybe 5 questions "tell me about a time " etc. after that they schedule an in person interview with a store team leader, if you make it pass the store team leader, you have a phone interview with district team leads and Hr partner via phone. If you make it or don't make if they give you a call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to provide feedback to an associate   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate was more than i expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The process look about 6 weeks, and I had 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview at a Target Store. After the first phone interview, there was an hour-long online test that tested your problem solving and personality. It was actually quote difficult. After the 4th interview, they lead you to believe that you had a really strong chance, and then simply sent an email saying I didn't get the job, and that I could not find out more information why, or even contact any of the recruiters back again. It was strange and frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when.............. you made a decision that affected your entire team, and ended up poorly.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target in December 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled for a first round phone interview with someone from HR. I skipped class ( was still in college at the time ) so I could have the interview. Waited, and waited, and waited, and no one even called. When I reached out to the HR recruiter who scheduled the interview, I was told "something hectic" occurred at one of the stores and therefore they were unable to attend to the interview.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Interview

They asked a variety of different situational based questions. The interview was conducted over the phone and lasted approximately 20 minutes. It is best to do some research and preparation for the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

1 interview with very friendly people. They seemed as if they were interviewing multiple people but it was just 1:2. They were nice and explained the job position well. I didn't get any farther than that first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview requires you to be extremely prepared. The interview process consists if three interviews. Two of them are on the phone (one from Human Resource recruiter) and the other one is with another in the area you are applying for. The last interview is face to face with an Executive Store Leader where they ask similar question from the second interview over the phone.

First phone interview is mainly getting to know you better which is more like a screening. The second interview is more of behavioral situations to see what judgment you made in your past experiences. The third and final interview is similar to the second interview. They ask different situational based questions just to better understand you as a leader. Aside from that, their interview process is quite lengthy but they look for great people!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time you made a mistake?
      Tell me about a time you were most proud?
      Tell me a little bit about yourself?
      Tell me about a time you had to drive change?
      Tell me about a time there was a complex situation? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I did three rounds. Executive Team Leader, Store Team Leader and finally the HR Business Partner (regional director wasn't available) Two were on the phone and one was facetime since I was unable to travel.

Interview Questions

• Strong on behavioral and conflict questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New Paltz, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial personality interview at campus career fair. This is followed by an in person interview in which you must also take an online personality fit test. The final round interview over the phone with the district manager with whom you shall be working with.

Interview Questions

• all behavioral based. Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a team member?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target in November 2016.

Interview

Met the recruiter through campus career fair and she interviewed me right away. After I finished the second round of interview, they asked me to come in to one of the stores. I met with the store manager, but after talking with him regarding this position I realize it's not what I wanted.