Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,107 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Normal, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for an executive team leader intern position. The process was fairly simple and began with a discussion with a recruiter on my college campus. I was able to arrange an interview very quickly and had the convenience of having it on campus. Interview questions were general and some scenarios were given. I only had one interview, but was told the process involves two interviews before an offer is given.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

You will likely have 3 or 4 one on one interviews with both store and district leaders. Interviewers asked me situational questions. Be sure to articulate important parts of the scenario for each question, without rambling.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with a supervisor, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (East Haven, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, an assessment and two face-to-face interviews with a store manager & an area manager. I applied & received an email the same day requesting a phone interview. The first interview was to go over my resume. I was asked several questions: Why retail? Why Target? The second phone interview was the following day. They were four STAR behavioral questions. I'll list every question below. At the end of the conversation I was told I would have to take assessment then have two face-to-face interviews. This happened in rapid succession. The interviews would be more STAR based questioning. The recruiter over the phone was both professional & courteous. My experience in the store location was the worst & most unprofessional interviews I've ever had.

I arrived @ my interview early. I was instructed to go to customer service desk (which was a disaster) & ask for a person who nobody knew was. I sat & waited on a bench for 20 minutes next to someone else who was waiting to be interviewed. During that time I overheard employees talking about how much they disliked working @ Target. My first interview with the a manger was OK. He seemed bored. He asked me four behavioral based questions & wrote responses on piece of paper he had turned up. The second half was with manager & partner. This interview lasted ten minutes. This was the biggest red flag of them all. I sat on a couch & the manager was sitting @ a desk about 6 feet away asking me questions. The whole exchange felt very awkward. She had this phony smile pasted on her face. Her partner then comes in the interview about seven minutes into it. I had no idea she would be there. While I'm talking she's looking me up & down several times. She's almost scowling. I asked a question about the overall satisfaction of the employees. The reason I asked this was because I heard so many negative things from the employee’s which I didn't mention. The partner than said in this snappy tone “if employees weren't happy then we wouldn't be doing our job!” WOW. This was the 4th red flag that day. I asked two more questions where I got one sentence answers then an awkward silence. Longest ten minutes of my life. The manager then ask her partner to walk me out. She walks me two feet out the door, tells me to walk down the hallway & take a left. Then she proceeds to walk back into office and shuts the door. Neither woman shook my hand. If an offer was coming; I would have declined it in a millisecond.

I received an email two days later stating I was not selected to go further in application process. I literally laughed out loud when I read the email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Shreveport, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in 8/4. I had my first interview 8/9 woth HR which went great. I then had my second interview on 8/12 with one of the top store managers in the company which also went great. I received a email confirmation for a 3rd with the DM on 8/22. I felt that this interview went as great as the previous 2 but a week after the interview I received a call from the recruiter saying that they choose another candidate over me. The overall process was great. There are a lot of behavioral based questions about 4 to 5 per interview. Everyone I interviewed with was very friendly and professional. I strongly felt I would have made a great impact in the company but it is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Ventura, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

After I filled out a lengthy online application, a corporate recruiter emailed me regarding setting up a phone interview. I had a 20 minute phone interview with the recruiter that went well and she set up a in-store interview for the following week. I met with what I believe was a store manager at the district office located inside a Target store. The interview last about 30 min and I felt it went well. They use mostly STAR interview method in all their questions. I received an email two days later that I was not being considered to move on to the next step in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received negative feedback from a supervisor and how did you respond   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Lengthy but not too hard. They make it seem much worse than it is. As long as you are prepared you will do well. The key is to be confident and be yourself. Showcase your leadership skills, if you have gotten this far you definitely have what they are looking for! They really like when you talk about how many people you have led so think about scope when answering your questions

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based--name a time when you received negative feedback and how did you handle it?Name a time you coached a peer and gave them constructive criticism. Google behavioral based questions and have some detailed stories for ten questions and you should be able to ace the interview no problem!   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target in July 2016.

Interview

Had a connection with ETL at a Target in a different region. She sent my resume and cover letter to the recruiter where I am. Had a somewhat pop-up interview over the phone with the recruiter a few days later. She was very nice and said she thought I would be a great fit for the company. She then set up two more interviews for me the following week - one with HR and one with the District Team Leader. HR was a phone interview, District Team Leader was a Facetime interview. They all went very well and each person I spoke with talked highly of how I would be a good fit for the position and the company. Somehow was still turned down, but overall the experience was pretty good. Stressful, a lot of preparation because of the behavioral based questions, but good.

Interview Questions

• Why Retail?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped your supervisor see another point of view.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to give something up because of a previous commitment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone interview. I was asked to tell about myself. Which location want to work. Why want to work at Target. If I'm willing to travel. And then I was asked about 4 behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative to solve a problem   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Interview

Applied online and then set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I set up a meeting with the store leader and district leader for 2 interviews. I thought it went well, but I received an email the next day saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were on a team and you had a different way of viewing a situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Target (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

LONG process. Originally met someone at my schools career fair. He then went on to set up an interview for me at my career resource center. If you make it past that interview, you have two different skype interviews, at different times, with managers in the district you would work in. Finally, you have to drive to a video conference center and interview on the video camera with someone in your district.

Three out of four of my interviewer's were so nice, so easy to talk to and made me feel so comfortable!!!

Definitely a long process, but worth it! Prepare a lot, but not too difficult at all.

ALSO make sure you have questions prepped to ask them! that always makes you look good. like 3-5 questions. also, my best advice is to treat it like a conversation. The interviewers are really nice, so just relax!

Interview Questions

• Star based interviewing!
      Why retail?
      Why Target?
      Customer service experience?
      Tell me about a time you had to........

When it came time for my interviews, I took all the questions I found on here, put them into a word document, answered and them, and PRACTICED. As long as you do something similar, you'll be good!

**ALSO** make sure you let it come across that youre NOT afraid of hard work. Cause from what they described, its a tough job, with long hours. You can stand out if you let them know from the get-go that you're up for a challenge!   Answer Question

I got a better offer from a different company that better suited my desired career path!