Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions in Ohio | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I did three different interviews. One with a recruiter, one with a store manager, and one with a district manager. Practice a lot of STAR method questions! They really want to hear about a situation, how you handled it, and what they outcome was. So plan out situations and how you handled them and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had a time limit to get something done?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Very intense process, first a tedious phone interview then a face to face with both the store team lead and the district team lead, very curt and pointed questions, almost felt like an interrogation at times. I was able to grill them myself and ask questions I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking at other interviews I’ve been in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an under performing team member, what was the problem how did you address it and what was the outcome.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick but also thorough. Definitely challenges the applicant without overwhelming and throwing curveballs. There are scripts of questions that the interviewers use to interview the applicant so the questions asked are the same for each applicant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I found out about this position at my college Career Fair. The people at the booth were friendly and I was offered an interview after talking with them after about 5 minutes at my college campus the next week. The interview was simple and they tell you how they want you to answer questions; use the STAR method. Questions like tell me about a time you had to lead a team, or a time you worked with someone who was difficult i.e. behavior questions. After that I was offered a second interview at the district office. Besides the fact that the interview was almost an hour late it was pleasant and they asked more of the same questions. There is one guy asking you questions and the other writing things down.

Overall basic pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Relate a time when you motivated someone to do better and accomplish something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

I interviewed through an on-campus interview and thought it went well but not the greatest. I really clicked with one interviewer but the other was cold. I then was interviewed two more times. Both were very interested in me and told me I would be starting within two weeks and it was mine. I then had to interview with a District Leader who asked me the same questions but could not answer any of my questions as he was new. I was then offered a job for less than half the pay of the Executive Team Leader. This was a total slap in the face and waste of time. I'm not sure why the district leader did not like me. He said I wasn't able to answer the questions to his level. I was really rubbed the wrong way, not because I didn't get the job but because I was told it was mine and then turned down for not answering how he thought I should. I found it contradictory as I asked him three job specific questions and he couldn't answer any.

Interview Questions

• None, I was prepared for all the questions and did my homework.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

They are very difficult to interview with if you're not ready for STAR questions. Also, they use tactics against you to test you. One of the interviewers may be extremely rude and hard to talk with, on purpose. It's just to see how you react. Oh, and the pay is not remotely worth the stress and agony people. You make like the flashy prospect of 45k a year... but you'll be a slave. 60 hours a week or more and treated like dirt. I'm happy I turned down my offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Decided the stress and drama were not worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (Canton, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

The target interview process my the ETL (and I assume management position) is lengthy and intimidating. My first interview consisted of a 1:1 with a store team leader. All interview questions are behavioral based. I read and reread all of these reviews on glass door throughout this entire process and they helped 100%!! Practice questions and situations, have multiple situations that can be used for multiple questions.

I was then passed to another store team leader for my second interview about a week later at another Target location. Same interview structure! 5 or so behavioral based questions "tell me about a time....".

I was then passed to the district team leader for a 1:1. I was given a drug packet and had to sign some release forms before the interview took pace, in the event that they were to make me an offer, I already had this paperwork. This seemed premature to me, but I didn't over think it. My 1:1 with the District team leader went good, (also all behavior based!) and I was then passed to his boss for a Fourth and final interview. So far ALL interviews were done with the standard Target packet and all situational based questions and answers. Look up the STAR method, that really helped me to answer my questions. Situation (20%) ACTION (70%) Result (10%).

The final interview was a a phone interview, before this interview though I was to take a personality test/IQ test. You do not get any feedback or results from this test. Don't over think it. The phone interview was more causal and conversation but of course she threw in a couple behavioral based questions "tell me about a time..."

I was then notified a week later with my offer and start date.

Practice Practice Practice!!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Toledo, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Asked me various normal first interview questions, would interrupt me half way through a response to try to hurry me along. Felt rushed, unwelcome and like I was an annoyance. Prepare questions to ask and be ready for behavioral type questions such "describe a time where you had a problem, what did you do and how did you solve it?" In general I was not impressed with the people interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you had a problem, what did you do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Toledo, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Had the interview set up through our university job fair/business career programs; I don't think the interviewers looked at my resume before they showed up. I thought it was going to be 1:1, but there were 3 of them (only 1 really talked). I didn't have much time to review and research Target, so I bombed the interview. All behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Parma, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Parma, OH) in August 2010.

Interview

Took A long time to get an offer. The interviews were not hard if you prepped for them. All situational based questions. Basically tell me about a time when... Make sure all your stories have a begging middle and end. Most of the interviewers were not all that professional and I had to wait 2 hours for my last interview to begin.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to inspire someone or a team to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None existent they have a set pay grade for new team members so experience will not change that much. Your best bet is to take what they are offering you.