Target Interview Questions in Florida | Glassdoor

2.6

347 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Dora, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Mount Dora, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and comfortable. You are asked about your availability, yourself and 4 situation questions on past experiences and how you handled them. Interviewer was very nice and they read you the job description so you know what your interviewing for. And if they have other positions open they ask if you are interested in those too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Is your availability the same?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you worked with someone else to achieve a goal.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were put in a situation where you had to change your daily routine.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were asked to do something beyond what your use to and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Cosmetics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Clermont, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on the target website and received a call back 2 weeks later. It was a brief phone interview, she asked my availability, and why I wanted to work at target. After that we scheduled an interview for the next day. I got there and had 2 different interviews. If the first interviewer sees you fit for the job then you go to the 2nd. Basically all of the questions were behavioral questions based on pass experiences. Pretty easy as long as you have experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded customer expectations?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to go to a more experienced employee for help?   Answer Question
    • How long does it take for you to "get the hang of things"?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you and a co-worker disagreed?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had many tasks at once and how you prioritized them?   Answer Question
    • What would your last boss say is your strongest/best characteristic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Miami, FL).

Interview

I went through three different interviews, with two in one day. It wasn't too bad, but I didn't understand why it had to be three...Each one was swift and sweet. The interviewers were very nice, however they seemed like they just wanted to hire anyone that wanted to work there, which showed desperation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Appareal Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Altamonte Springs, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online Monday and they called me the next day and asked me some questions about availability, if $10 dollars an hour was okay, if i could work more than 20 hours per week and if i could work on holidays. I got a little nervous because my cellphone was making noises and she thought i was doing something else, i explained to her and she understood and asked me if i could come on Friday for an interview. I went and a team leader asked me many STAR questions and I was very calm and prepared (Thanks to Glassdoor). She told me that they wanted to interview me another time and that they would call me the next day to set the date. However they never called me on Saturday and on Monday I received an E-mail saying that the position was filled. I know it was my first time interviewing for a job and that I've only volunteered previously, I also know it was going to be hard because there were people with more experience trying to get the job, but I found it a little odd that they told me they were going to call me for another interview (giving me hopes) but never called. I'm glad I didn't have to go back if I wasn't getting the job though. Overall they were very friendly and nice and I wish I got the job. Well! Next time I guess.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself.
      Q2: Why Target?
      Q3: Tell me a time you had to do a project with somebody you disagree.
      Q4. Tell me a time you had to change your attitude to solve a problem.
      Q5. Tell me a time you were doing something and you were interrupted.   Answer Question

Distribution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake City, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Lake City, FL).

Interview

Basically went over my resume. Asked a lot of questions about how I achieved each one of my promoted positions. A large portion of the interview was behavioral questions. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to work for each of your previous employers?   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Panama City, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I went in for an interview, and ended up doing 3 in one day and I go back in tomorrow to finish the paperwork. They had me do 2 interviews and then come back later that day for my 3rd and final one where I got a job offering.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • If I contacted your previous boss, what would they say are your areas of improvement?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you exceeded someone's expectations   Answer Question

Soft Lines Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Coral Springs, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The wait for the interview was a bit longer than expected, but everyone has their off days. Everyone was very nice, the managers I was interviewed by were very friendly. Once the interview started it didn't take that long before the interview was done and I was signing paperwork for the job. Simply awesome.

Interview Questions

• What are three qualities about yourself you would like to improve on?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online, the application portion took 45 minutes just for asking basic credentials.Then I was directed to a third party candidate screening, which was rather redundant. There were 60 either-or questions that you said you more rather hated: teamwork, leading a group, change, dealing with customers, or working in general. Very few positive answers, was hard to answer a question without contradicting yourself 2 questions later. Waisted two weeks, was email declined by HR, not called for interview.

Interview Questions

• "I find it difficult to stay organized" OR "I don't care to know how others are feeling"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a pre-screening call the next day from HR. Offered a phone interview for the next day with a Team Lead. Came in for interview with Executive the next day after that and was hired on the spot. Everyone was really nice and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time working with someone else.   Answer Question
    • Would you be okay with promoting Target products and services, such as the REDcard and Cartwheel?   Answer Question
    • If I were to contact your supervisor, what would he/she say that you need to work on?   Answer Question
    • Sell me the REDCard   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehigh Acres, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Lehigh Acres, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted two months after I applied for the job and they asked for a interview a week later. I went in and talked to a lower management employee. It went amazing we were laughing and he seemed like he really liked me. I mentioned that I have experience in close team work since I worked in a small store beforehand, that I knew someone in a different store so I knew the basics already, and knew the specifications of the Target Red Card. The manager asked me if I could do another interview that day and I said of course. An upper management guy walked in and I knew that he wasn't going to listen to anything I had to say. He wore a read hoodie with a stain, scraggy face, and looked like he had rolled out of bed. He asked me questions and barely wrote down anything until the end where I sat silently for five minutes as he filled out the worksheet they went off of. I was told I'll be getting a call in a week but I got an email on Sunday saying that they were not moving forward with my application. I went in to ask HR about it because I wanted to know what I could improve upon and what I did wrong because I thought I had it in the bag. What did she say? The second interview was just below what we were looking for. The customer service guy looked at her when she said the man's name who was interviewing me and when she left he said that if it were up to him he'd hire me on the spot just for coming in and that the guy was known for hiring the worst people who always quit.