Target Flow Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.0

191 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in August 2017.

Interview

Initial call about a week after applying asking if I would be available to come in for an interview the following morning and if I was okay working holidays. First interview with was composed of previous experience based questions, followed by an explanation of what the role entailed. Follow up interview with the ETL set for the next morning. Second interview was more of the same essentially, just with different questions. Then was offered the job and told I would be brought in for orientation in about a week. Look over the interview section here and pre-prepare answers in your head. Every single question I was asked I had previously seen here. Have answers ready and it'll be an easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had multiple goals and how you prioritized them   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you changed a situation with your attitude   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you disagreed with a coworker and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
  • What would you say your strengths are?   Answer Question
  • If I contacted a previous manager of yours, what would they say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you exceeded expectations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

basic behavioral question, receive phone call from HR to go over availability and job position. Then got scheduled to come in for an interview with a team lead. if you pass that you got an interview with an etl and after that you get an offer and have to do a drug test screening to get it.

Interview Questions

• why so you wanna work here? name a difficult time? can you lift heavy objects?   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They asked common interview questions about why you want to work there, if you're right for the job etc. I went through 3 interviews in the span of an hour or so and was given a few days to get drug tested, although Target no longer does drug tests. After that, I was called about a week or so later and started working.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had go above and beyond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

First step was a phone call screening. then asked me to go over to the Target store for a 1-1 interview. there was 2 interviewers. after the first interview they asked me to wait for the Store Manager. Got told they will email me for date of orientation etc.

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (McKinney, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

They called me in at a certain time, I had to tell the service desk that I was there for an interview. My interviewer took me to an office and asked me regular interview questions as they took down notes based on my answers. They wanted to see if I would fit the role well or not. After I got through the first one, they called the logistics team lead and asked him to do a second interview. He explained more about the job and what to expect and asked more questions based on situations. After I passed the second interview, I had to speak with HR as they made the job offer. They explained more about the job offer, the pay and the process. I had to wait for the background check to clear after which I would undergo orientation before my first shift.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing about you that others would say is a weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Keene, NH).

Interview

Typical "tell me about a time..." interview. Very easy as long as you have stories and can articulate them concisely and in a rather short amount of time. Best advice I can give you is not to overthink things and just answer as quickly as possible and keep it short

Interview Questions

• If we spoke to a former supervisor, what would they say are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Henderson, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

interview with 3 members easy quick questions easy to get on board only way not to get hired if you fail your background no drug test needed just basic need to work in the US

Interview Questions

• How are your working well with others   1 Answer

Negotiation

no able to negotiate any terms

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Very long process, but ultimately successful.

Applied online, but didn't hear back. Took a few weeks of calling and checking up on application multiple times. Finally was contacted by Team Leader for phone interview, very basic questions about availability, when I can start, past job experiences. Was told I would hear back in a few days.

About a week passed of me once again calling in to check up on updates. Finally HR called to schedule interview. Went into interview, was directed towards back room/clerical and told to sit. A few others showed up as well. One went in before me with HR representative and was gone within about 5 minutes. Then it was my turn.

Only question I got was if I wanted to work for them/wanted the job. I said yes. Signed a paper for background check approval and acknowledging if I didn't pass it I wouldn't get the job. Also told that I would get an email telling me orientation date, but to ignore it and wait for them to call and schedule it. Several days pass, I get the email saying I passed with orientation date, which would be in a month. Couple months passed before I finally got the call with Orientation date. Started my first day about a week after orientation.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      Why do you think you'd make a good addition to the team?
      When can you start?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Virginia, MN).

Interview

they asked the normal questions, sat you down with a store lead member and they went over my resume with me and asked why i wanted a position with them.

Interview Questions

• when was a time where you helped a customer when they were struggling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Came in for a 5am interview for Flow Team. Conversation w/ first interviewer seemed to go very well, though he didn't say much else aside from reading standard questions aloud from his packet. After a 15-20 min conversaton, told me to head down the hall and wait in conference room for 2nd interviewer. (The 2nd interviewer was the one who greeted me at beginning of interview appointment). They forgot about me in the conference room for 2 hours... so when 2nd interviewer saw me as she walked past the room and realized I was still there, she kind of had to rush thru the interview. But 2nd interviewer was more conversational than the person who had previously interviewed me. Identical (hypothetical- & past workplace-type) questions were asked--I believe 3 of them... Generic, run of the mill interview questions you might expect. At this point however, it was tiring trying to answer the same questions with alertness and enthusiasm after already feeling like I didn't matter much (since they forgot about me for 2 hours in the conference room), but I put my best foot forward, forced enthusiasm, and diligently & pleasantly got thru it. After an experience lasting a total of 3 hours and 15 minutes there, I left feeling it still went rather well overall based on: 1) the positive and/or flowing general conversation during both interviews, and 2) the interviewers' approving nods and affirming smiles as they jotted down their notes while I spoke.
    I called to follow up on my interview 3 days later, and after holding for a few minutes for the HR dept, I left a message with the switchboard operator who took down my details and said she would relay it to HR. The following business day, I received a short email stating that they "are unable to offer me a position at this time" with no explanation or reason why.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you turned around an unfavorable situation for the team or a team member?   1 Answer