Target Group Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Group Leader Interview Questions

3.4

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then 3 separate interviews with two people each

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in August 2013.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview - Panel interview in person

Interview Questions

The hours were strange and not very flexible for my schedule

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Worst interview experience I have ever had.

Applied online and received a call from recruiter and after a few qualification questions, scheduled a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was really awkward as the recruiter would ask me a question, then cut me off while I was answering it. I figured I was blowing the interview, but after 30 min she said I did great and would move me to the 2nd round.

Scheduled an interview at the facility for the next week. Other candidates come in at the same time and watch a video about the position and take a plant tour, together. Then 3 rounds of interviews. All the interviews are 5 behavior based questions.

Interviewed by 2 VP HR, the DC GM, Sr VP HR and a SR GL. All in shorts, t-shirts, very informal, checking their cell phones, it was really weird how relaxed they were. The whole place gave off bad vibes.

VERY Stressful day, the whole process lasted almost 4 hours of onsite.

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I submitted my resume and profile on the Target.com/careers website and received a call from the regional HR representative within about 8 days. We conducted 2 phone interviews over the next week and then set up a visit to the warehouse where I got a quick tour and then went through 3 rounds of interviews with HR and the senior team. All questions are situation/behavior based and they took extensive notes during my answers. An example interview question was, "“Tell me about a time when you thought something was troubling one of your coworkers.”

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time when I made a mistake on a project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had been told that Target is a "best offer first" type of company and the offer was reasonable so I took it.

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I was recruited online. After a LONG interview process consisting of multiple phone interviews and an online IQ/personality test, I did not get the job. I wasn't given an explanation as to why I wasn't chosen over the other candidate, but I believe it was due to the results of the personality test. I have previously been hired at Target and scored green on their personality/IQ test. I did not know how I scored on this one. My guess is that I must have scored "red" for this position. Their loss!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle negative feedback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Lengthy Interview. Be prepared to spend the whole day. Scenario based questions. Tell me about a time.... Seemed like they weren't interested in someone who could think outside the box, but rather just do the job as described. Will need to be a motivated team player. Received a response that was not selected within less than a day. Disappointing because it seemed like a positive interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was super difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews with national recruiter leading up to final on site interview with the Distribution Center team. All questions in the evidence based format, "Tell me about a time..." Looking for Situation, Action, Respose format in answers

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview

Behavioral based questions designed to assess how you react to challenging situations and if you have potential to fit the Target mold. Multiple "Sessions" of the panel interview in which you are questioned by 2 employees at a time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you have to have a difficult conversation with someone and how you approached that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Rialto, CA).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair on campus. Signed up for an interview on campus that Friday. Interview consisted of 5 behavior questions and took about 30 minutes. There were two interviewers in the room. I felt slightly overdressed in my suit because they were both wearing polos and khakis.

Received a call the following Tuesday inviting me to an on-site interview at the DC in Ontario. The visit consisted of three interviews with the exact same format at the first (5 behavioral questions - "Tell me about a time when..."). All three interviews were 30-40 minutes (2 on 1) with different managers/directors in the plant.

At the end of the week, I was asked to do a final phone interview with the Group Leader director from headquarters. Received an offer 3 days later. Did not accept for location reasons. Absolutely loved everyone I met.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your biggest strength? biggest weakness? What would your past employers say are your biggest strength and weakness?

Tell me about a time when you did not have enough information to solve a problem and how did you go about solving it.

Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Interview

Phone screen followed by an on site interview. The total interview process took 3-4 weeks. They look for specific examples of situations to assess how you handled the situation. The best way to interview is situation, behavior and outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took credit for work you didn't do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given relocation but the offer was generous so there wasn't negotiation needed.