Target Guest Service Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Guest Service Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Acworth, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

about 15 min interview with team lead. (easy basic questions). another interview with store manager. (more basic questions). overall easy interview. just be prepared for questions such as... how would you respond to a guest asking to change a price? and What kind of worker are you? etc. Also consider knowing the current situation of Target so you can relate or ask questions. Also be prepared to talk about REDcards.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in May 2013.

Interview

It was rather quick and straightforward. I first met with the (then) ETL-Guest Experience (Executive Team Leader) who walked me through the way the company works, my responsibilities, and salary that was followed by a meeting with the ETL-HR who essentially offered me the job. Rather than talk about the job, the HR person talked a bit about the benefits, company responsibilities, drug test information, and stuff like that. Very basis.

Interview Questions

• When I first applied for the position I read that the salary for guest services was over $14 per hour. When I finally met with the HR person she made it clear that was not correct and the salary was actually a little over $8 per hour. I was a bit annoyed but really had no choice since I had been out of work and really needed the gig.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Whittier, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

So I applied online & two days later I got a call to set up an interview. On the phone she asked me about my availability & if it would stay that way during the summer. I said yes and she proceed to schedule me an interview in 3 days.

I arrived at Target at 8:50 am only to realize that I had driven to the wrong target (Although I had applied at that one).
    Any who, I got to the Target I needed to be & was led to the waiting area where there was two girls there already.
    We literally waited 1 hr 30 mins to get interviewed. After the second girl got interviewed and sat back down, the guy that was interviewing us went to go eat so I had to wait 10 more minutes for him. I was so annoyed.
    Then my turn finally came and I thought I did well, like he understood me. The last question I got mixed up and kept saying "uhm, uhm." So I blew it but overall I did well I think... or so I thought.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?
      What would your teachers say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Commack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Commack, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

You go to TSC (the office) and check in with the HR team member. They put you in the break room with the employees on break and you stick out like a sore thumb which is awkward. After waiting for a bit you will first be interviewed by a team lead form whatever department which they ask basic questions about your history and availability. You then wait in the break room for another team lead for your second interview which is where they ask you "what if" questions and see how you respond (its basic, there are no wrong answers). After that, you watch a stupid target video in the "training room" and wait for an HR team lead. The HR team lead goes over your salary, drug test (must be done within 24 hours), sign papers, and they give you your orientation date.

Interview Questions

• If you owned the store and a guest claimed that an item was $5.00 but rang up $10.00, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

After doing the online application and assessment, you will receive a call to set up a face-to-face interview. They will ask typical interview questions and you will interview with a LOD or the Team Leader of the department you are applying to work in. If selected to go to through the next step of the hiring process you will have to watch videos about the culture, values, and ethics of the company and also a video about the CEO. You will also take a tour around the store. At the end you have to go to a drug testing site to take a drug test. Once everything is done and your results come back, you will be called with your work schedule.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you worked on a team to accomplish a goal   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in May 2015.

Interview

It was a straightforward process. Questions were what you would expect. My interviewer was friendly and we ended up having more of a conversion than a really formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a problem while working in a group setting. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Lees Summit, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

they brought you in and you interviewed with three managers, after that they asked you various questions about you, your experience, and personality. They ask you about availability and how often you can work

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Lewisville, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online, was called within a day, scheduled a meet for the next day. I was brought in, told to take a quite lengthy 'test'(took roughly 20-30 minutes). When I let them know I was done, they brought me back into an office to ask me a few questions. After that, they brought me to a separate room and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question
    • If an item is $20.00, but the customer swears its $17.00, what do you do?   1 Answer

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Went to a career fair, was interviewed by 2 people, immediately offered a position

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Situation based questions.Phone interview, two interviews with people. Test for basic math skills and guest service skills. What happened? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest mistake. The interviewer stopped me in the middle of my answer and told me it was not good enough.   Answer Question