Target Hardline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Hardline Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.0

Hardlines Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Application was done online. The interviews were straightforward. One phone interview and one in-person interview. Had to do an employee assessment test in the store. I called about a week after I submitted my application to see if they had reviewed it yet, which was when they offered to set up my first phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

quick verbal filled out application on line interviewed by four people. asked about retail experience management experience, team work experience over all it was a painless and easy experience enjoyable. I was asked how many hours i would require, and was told that it is company policy that each member work on a Saturday or Sunday each week , no exceptions

Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Leominster, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was applying for a 90 day seasonal position while I looked for a full-time career. The interview was pretty short. Basically, after completing the online application, you are given a call within 3-4 days. Once you get the call, you are called in for the face to face interview. (If you are applying around September or November and get a call, you pretty much have the job.)

Once called in, I had to fill out another questionnaire on one of their computers. There, it asks you a series of situational questions. Such as, "A customer comes to you to ask a question while you are helping another guest with their question, what do you NOT do?"

After completing that part, you will have the face to face with an ETL. I would recommend not over dressing or under dressing. I wore a dress shirt with dress pants, no tie.There you will be asked basic questions, so do not be nervous.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic. I would say the only tough one that always gets me is, "What is something you could improve on?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. They basically offered me 50 cents above minimum wage and I accepted. You then have to get a drug test done at a hospital.

Hardlines Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The one interviewing you will be an LOD or leader on duty. Give examples and experiece on how you will handle a disgruntled customer or to solve an issue. Appear confident because you will always be talking to customers if you get the job. Mention selling the Redcards they are crazy about that! Mention how you will also try to get a customer to add onto their purchase as they always try to reach sale expectance everyday.

Interview Questions

• If a guest is looking for something that is not on the floor what do you do?   1 Answer

Hardlines Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Online application

two interview

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation/conflict and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Hardline Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview almost an hour. Got interviewed by two people. Pretty Easy

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Northridge, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was super quick and they mostly ask you situational questions

Interview Questions

• its all really easy but they asked questions like Say a mother came in with her daughter looking for shoes and they didn't have what she was looking for what do you do/say?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied on a Friday and got a call the following Monday to set up an interview. On the phone they asked me a couple questions like why I wanted to work at Target, do I like working as part of a team etc.

The in person interview had two parts- one with a Team Leader and the other with the H.R. person. They were both pretty straight forwards, the TL asked a series of questions like "name a time you had to work as part of a team", "describe a time that something didn't go as planned and how did you deal with it", "what would you do if you were helping a guest and you didn't know the answer to their question."

The interview with the H.R. person was easier, just a couple more basic questions that were easy to answer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "Describe a time when something didn't go as planned"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating, they said they start everyone at $7.75/ hr

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

I filled out my application sometime in summer 2011, didn't get called in for an interview until late September, interview just consisted of a general Q&A, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just go with what they give you.

Anonymous Employee in La Plata, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (La Plata, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

Super easy to me. Hr called and asked me to come in for an interview and i choose a time they had open. When i got their I had to take 2 online test again then waited about 30 mins be ready to wait target is slow. All i remember is i had to interviews they wanted me for hardlines but I talked them into letting me cashier. The big question is why do you want to work for target and like 3 hour questions both in the same interview so nothing to hard. you know you got the job if you have to take a pee test but you only have 24 hours.