Target Hardlines Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Target Hardlines Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Riverdale, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I had 2 interview. It was basic question on why you wanna work there and simple questions like that. The first one was just really general and told me that can do the next interview within the next few minutes. So i told them that would be ok. I then had the second interview where they asked pretty simple and general questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one bad quality about yourself?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Toms River, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewer asked me several questions about myself, about target, and about cooperativeness. If they like your answers, they will call you in for a second interview and ask you some of the same questions, and some new ones about why you want to work for target.

Interview Questions

• If a coworker had a lot of work left to do and asked for help, but you also had things you needed to finish, what would you do?   1 Answer

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They read off a paper. If you are liked, then they will give you a second interview. It was really unprofessional in my opinion. You interview with a team lead and then HR if you move on to the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Norman, OK) in October 2017.

Interview

It was brief, especially since I was applying for a seasonal position. The longest part of the whole process was tracking down the manager that was going to conduct the interview. Once we started he asked a series of common questions that you are likely to be asked at any other interview. At the end of the interview I was immediately hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Two interviews back to back. Signed all paperwork. Was hired on the spot. Called in a week later for orientation. Very easy interview process. If you apply and get an interview, you are most likely to get the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a customer who had a bad experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Leandro, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

All applicants were taken to the back of the store to wait to be interviewed individually. It seemed that everyone was hired on the spot for seasonal positions, and assigned job titles almost randomly.

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Rohnert Park, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Went to Target at 9:30am, had a 40 minute interview. I had a previous interview with the electronics lead and he was professional, down to earth, and knew what he was doing. Unfortunately he said the electronics position was full and had me apply for hardlines. I was confident and excited for the next interview however the lead of hardlines seemed unenergetic, in a hurry for the interview to end, and didn't even ask the situational questions that the first lead asked me. So, I enjoyed the interview for electronics and was willing to work hard especially with all my knowledge and what I had to offer especially since he understood my position as a college student and just moving to the area. However the second interview it seemed the head of hardlines simply didn't care.

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Staten Island, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was about 15 minutes, consisting of basic questions you would expect at a store. I noticed that there were people who were dressed street casual and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for the company?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a failure you have had and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I personally have a B.S. degree and am way overqualified for this position. But since I had just moved to the area, was just looking for a small job on the side while in the process of interviewing at places where I wanted to work and apply my degree.

Received a call from Target HR a couple weeks after applying and they screened me by asking me to tell them about myself and why I wanted to work at Target. Then they had me scheduled for an interview for the following week. Showed up 15 minutes early, waited 20 more minutes after the scheduled interview time to finally get a one on one interview with a Team Leader. Team Leader was laid back and explained that Target was the best place he has ever worked. Then asked me some questions and told me I was super overqualified. I didn’t know how to respond. After we did the interview the Team Leader had me wait and told me that he would have me interview with the store manager. Waited another 20 minutes to be told that I could interview with the store manager at another time. I agreed to meet with them but when I left I laughed at how an entry level job required TWO interviews.

Met with the store manager a couple days later and they asked me pretty much the same questions. It was pretty much a waste of time. But the store manager offered me the job and I accepted because of the need for some small income on the side.

HR department was o unorganized and while they told me orientation would be the following week, for some reason, they emailed me saying it would be in two weeks. Called them and let them know that I was told it would be sooner. They apologized for the mistake. Went to the orientation the next week and was supposed to get my work schedule but supposedly they lost it.

Overall the whole hiring process was a joke and I could’ve run the HR department a lot more organized and smoothly.

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Flushing, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process dealt with how you can deal with situations and how prior experience determines if you are a good choice for the position. Anyone with retail can talk their way through the interview well.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you excelled with customer service?   1 Answer