Target Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.7

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an interview right after my first one, and I was hired on the spot. Probably because I had previous retail experience, but this job is not hard to get.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews: the first was with a corporate recruiter at the Regional level, the second with a Store Team Leader in my local area. Following those interviews, I interviewed in person with the District Team Leader and the district HR Rep. One piece of advice that I solicited from the DTL was that with each "Describe a time when..." make absolutely sure that the story ends with a clear, positive outcome that reflects how an incoming ETL like myself would be able to have clear, positive wins in the role, if hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you successfully achieved an outcome despite a difference of opinions at work or a similar setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical interview. Arrived at 8:50 didnt interview until around 9:15. Initially i was to be interviewed by a team leader and manager but no team leader was available. Overnight manager made interview easy. Offered job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they called me the next for an interview in a few weeks. I applied for the cashier position, but they hired me as sales floor. I had two interviews back to back with 2 separate leaders. Offered me the job that day

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when a customer was not happy and explain how you made it better   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Calm, assertive and employee based. They love getting to know you and your goals with the company. You answer a series of questions based on past experience. They then decide your pay based on how well you deal with problems and solutions. They make sure you have reliable transportation before hiring you full time. They enjoy working with you if you have another job. Just be yourself and tell them why you'd love to work for the and set a goal before you interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a problem with a difficult customer and why do you think you handled it well?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Sit down with a department manager then the store manager. I'm sure you can find the Target questionnaire online. Just explain what experience you have merchandising and why you like the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Target?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call for an interview within 5 days. The interview consisted of two separate interviews. Both all behavioral questions. Was offered the position on the spot with no prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an angry customer   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was three interviews back to back and then I got hired on the spot. They all asked the same question at the beginning. The interviews were one on one with different team members. The interviews weren't awkward and very laid back. The three interviews were in different settings also. Make sure you prepare an answer to why you want to work for target.

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Waited over 30 minutes, in the HR office until the Team member finished her lunch. An intern young lady looked to be just out of high school sat in on the interview. She just asked a few questions about 4. She stated she had worked for target for over 10 years, but was at this store about 1. I knew I landed the job when she asked about my availability, and possible start date...I received a phone call a few days later for a job offer.

Visual Merchandise Lead (VML) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was long yet rewarding in the end. I had to interview 4 times in total. I interviewed 1 time at another store and obviously wasn't selected for the position in which I applied for. However, I interviewed at a different store with 2 1on1 interviews in 1 day and 1 over-the-phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when your attitude turned a situation around.   Answer Question