Target Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.7

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

An interview was set up through an online process and you select the date yourself. The recruiters have a huge pool selection so your actual interview time may be delayed. My interview was delayed by 15 minutes.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview at school job fair, and consisted of about 5 questions. I was called back to interview at district office in front of 4 other district leaders about a week later and was asked about 4-6 more questions, each asking me to describe a situation I'd been in and what I did to "fix" it. After the interview, I was contacted by the store I would be going to with a job offer, as well as a quick sit-down with the STL. At that store I did the formal application on a computer and was set up with the drug test information and orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone you disagreed with and how you made the situation better?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After a month got a call for interview. Interview was easy and the lady was very nice who was taking interview. After the interview they have scheduled me for second round of interview after another 4 days.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an interview right after my first one, and I was hired on the spot. Probably because I had previous retail experience, but this job is not hard to get.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

ETL Salesfloor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The hardest interview I've ever had, but prepared me for all other interviews . You have to be prepared for behavioral based questions. Study the star method. That's the best bet

ETL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews: the first was with a corporate recruiter at the Regional level, the second with a Store Team Leader in my local area. Following those interviews, I interviewed in person with the District Team Leader and the district HR Rep. One piece of advice that I solicited from the DTL was that with each "Describe a time when..." make absolutely sure that the story ends with a clear, positive outcome that reflects how an incoming ETL like myself would be able to have clear, positive wins in the role, if hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you successfully achieved an outcome despite a difference of opinions at work or a similar setting.   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical interview. Arrived at 8:50 didnt interview until around 9:15. Initially i was to be interviewed by a team leader and manager but no team leader was available. Overnight manager made interview easy. Offered job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they called me the next for an interview in a few weeks. I applied for the cashier position, but they hired me as sales floor. I had two interviews back to back with 2 separate leaders. Offered me the job that day

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when a customer was not happy and explain how you made it better   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Calm, assertive and employee based. They love getting to know you and your goals with the company. You answer a series of questions based on past experience. They then decide your pay based on how well you deal with problems and solutions. They make sure you have reliable transportation before hiring you full time. They enjoy working with you if you have another job. Just be yourself and tell them why you'd love to work for the and set a goal before you interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a problem with a difficult customer and why do you think you handled it well?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Sit down with a department manager then the store manager. I'm sure you can find the Target questionnaire online. Just explain what experience you have merchandising and why you like the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Target?   1 Answer