Target Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.6

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an interview right after my first one, and I was hired on the spot. Probably because I had previous retail experience, but this job is not hard to get.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews: the first was with a corporate recruiter at the Regional level, the second with a Store Team Leader in my local area. Following those interviews, I interviewed in person with the District Team Leader and the district HR Rep. One piece of advice that I solicited from the DTL was that with each "Describe a time when..." make absolutely sure that the story ends with a clear, positive outcome that reflects how an incoming ETL like myself would be able to have clear, positive wins in the role, if hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you successfully achieved an outcome despite a difference of opinions at work or a similar setting.   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (Sugar Land, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied early February. Took about 3 months I even forgot i applied for the job. I got a call for an interview which was the following day. This wasn't my first time going for a target interview. the fist one was quick and they said i should give them a couple of days then I got a call that said i didn't get the job. But the second interview at a different target, i had 3 interviews on spot with Team leader, then the Manager then HR who told me i got the job and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In the application they ask what's your desired pay rate but all starters get $10. I believe if you have more experience they start you off with a higher pay rate.

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (The Woodlands, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call on the same day. Went in for an interview the following day and was told there was no full time HR position. The only thing they had available was a part time team member position doing basic data entry.

Casher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Interview was fairly basic. They asked general questions about how you work as a team and about your personality. The former supervisor who asked me the questions was friendly and made the process fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Name one occasion where you worked in a team setting to achieve a task?   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical interview. Arrived at 8:50 didnt interview until around 9:15. Initially i was to be interviewed by a team leader and manager but no team leader was available. Overnight manager made interview easy. Offered job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they called me the next for an interview in a few weeks. I applied for the cashier position, but they hired me as sales floor. I had two interviews back to back with 2 separate leaders. Offered me the job that day

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when a customer was not happy and explain how you made it better   Answer Question

Overnight Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Calm, assertive and employee based. They love getting to know you and your goals with the company. You answer a series of questions based on past experience. They then decide your pay based on how well you deal with problems and solutions. They make sure you have reliable transportation before hiring you full time. They enjoy working with you if you have another job. Just be yourself and tell them why you'd love to work for the and set a goal before you interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a problem with a difficult customer and why do you think you handled it well?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Sit down with a department manager then the store manager. I'm sure you can find the Target questionnaire online. Just explain what experience you have merchandising and why you like the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Target?   1 Answer

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Sugar Land, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied in person, then I received a call after 2 weeks. I had 3 interviews, one with the HR, one with the Team Leader and one with the Store Manager and it wasn't really hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

That if I could work in any other department after I've done my job.