Target Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.5

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It was very simple, so basic questions but I got nervous so I couldn't get the job. They ask you questions about how you work with other and previous job experience.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward, if the individual is prepared or naturally articulate in communication. Your success will be judged on how well you provide an answer to the situational questions they will ask, but they are all fairly simple questions if given some thought.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were interrupted and how you handled it.

Tell me about a time you worked with an employee you disagreed with and how you handled it.

Tell me about a time you were able to change a situation with your attitude.

Tell me about yourself.

Do you have any work experience?

Why do you want to work at Target?

All in all, I applied online on Friday and then received a interview call the following Saturday and was asked if I could come in on a Sunday for an interview.

I believe the basis on which they judge you would be the situational questions they will ask you after a few introductory questions. I was asked 4 situational questions. After the situational questions, I was asked if I was willing to take on both cashier and sales associate.

Although I stated I did not get the offer, I do not know yet if I've been officially rejected. I was told to wait for about a week for further notice. While waiting, I received 2 unclear probable rejection emails each on different days.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview at school job fair, and consisted of about 5 questions. I was called back to interview at district office in front of 4 other district leaders about a week later and was asked about 4-6 more questions, each asking me to describe a situation I'd been in and what I did to "fix" it. After the interview, I was contacted by the store I would be going to with a job offer, as well as a quick sit-down with the STL. At that store I did the formal application on a computer and was set up with the drug test information and orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone you disagreed with and how you made the situation better?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

An interview was set up through an online process and you select the date yourself. The recruiters have a huge pool selection so your actual interview time may be delayed. My interview was delayed by 15 minutes.

Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Missouri City, TX).

Interview

Although I wasn't hired, looking back the interview was pretty average. The interview process lasted about 30-45 minutes. The interviewer asked common interview questions. Overall, it took about a week for Target to contact me for an interview after submitting an application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked on a team?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After a month got a call for interview. Interview was easy and the lady was very nice who was taking interview. After the interview they have scheduled me for second round of interview after another 4 days.

Apparel Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Wednesday, was contacted 2 days later and asked to confirm a couple of things about my application and was scheduled an interview the following Monday. There are two interviews. The first consisted of 6 generic situational/behavioral questions and then some questions about availability and if I was willing to learn how to operate a cash register. The second interview was 4 more situational questions and then I was given a conditional offer (meaning I have the job as long as I passed the background check) on the spot! The interviews are very easy if you take the time to think of answers for the questions that I and the other people on this thread provide. As long as you rehearse your answers a bit and smile, you have a pretty good chance at making a good impression and to be one step closer to getting a job!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • If we contacted your previous employer, what would he say your greatest strength is?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you encouraged someone.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to stop a task to do another.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you resolved a conflict between you and another team member.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work with a partner you did not like.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

the interview process was very organized. different managers asking you simple questions about yourself and how you can benefit the company. They also ask what experience you have with the position that was applied for and availability.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an interview right after my first one, and I was hired on the spot. Probably because I had previous retail experience, but this job is not hard to get.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

ETL Salesfloor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The hardest interview I've ever had, but prepared me for all other interviews . You have to be prepared for behavioral based questions. Study the star method. That's the best bet