Target Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was heavily behavioral and situational. Be prepared to comment on specific instances of difficulty or achievement in a leadership or team setting. This particular set up pertains to the first interview you'll do with target, as they use it as a weed out process before they bring in candidates for round 2

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've disagreed with a member of your team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Tyler, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. I talked to them over the phone, where they asked me about standard interview questions. After that, if they like you they call you back to come out to the warehouse in Tyler. I declined to go further with my application process because I had accepted an internship elsewhere by the time they called me back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a team, and how were you effective in it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Ruston, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview at my university after a career fair. Organized it with me the day after. He sat down and used a rubric. Asked many standard questions and then into some behavior/situational questions. He gave me helpful feedback afterwards. Really nice guy. It turns out they can hire foreigners who need sponsorship for this position though, so I couldn't advance. I heard the next step was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of one time you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (South Bend, IN).

Interview

I was applying for the internship in their corporate headquarters. I was required to do a personality quiz prior to the interview that took about half an hour to an hour. Very simple! Basically asks you how you would handle certain situations that would come up when you're working with your team, etc. The 1:1 person interview went pretty well as well! Basically asked about different experiences based on what I had on my resume and what I learned from those experiences. They're looking for a good fit!

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL).

Interview

2 interviews, one on campus and one in the DC. Received a tour of the facility with 6 other interviewees prior to the second interview. Seems like a good place to work, but decided to take another offer instead.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

was on campus, over the phone, then face to face with the district leader who was very nice. The interview lasted 15 minutes which was great. They are extremely laid back and friendly. But don't take it lightly of course i got hired amongst 400 applicants. Only 35 were onboarded

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you disagreed with a co worker, manager or colleague   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Had to interview with multiple people on campus. They sort through resumes they receive through career fairs and hold on-site interviews. Straight forward behavioral questions. Asks a lot about challenges, when you had experiences leading others, what you are most proud of.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a very short and easy hiring process - 2 weeks. I went through two rounds of interviews with mid level associates to the exec of the team i was applying to. They asked me very short and simple questions and then I had a brief and easy writing test.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I believe target has a 3-5 round interview session. They also have an online evaluation test. The test is quite difficult and long. My advice would be to come very prepared. Make sure you study the star method and know an answer for most of the common behavioral interview questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

There were a total of three interviews, one phone interview which lasted about 5-10 minutes, another at a target store with a store team leader, and finally with a district manager. The phone interview was very short and consisted of basic questions such as tell me about yourself and tell me about a time you made a mistake. They mainly ask behavioral based questions and use the star method (situation, task, analysis, result). Be sure to hit every one of these points and be clear and organized in your answers.

They are looking for people with leadership qualities and someone who can work/communicate well with others. Show them you are a team player.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something that had a great impact.   Answer Question