Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
2,590 Interview Reviews

2,590 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Submitted my application and got a call the next day to set up an interview. Very quick turnaround so that was a positive. However, the job posting was for a Team Lead HR so learning that it was a Sr TL was a little bit disconcerting. The first two interviews went okay other that mishap and I had a third interview over the phone wth the HRBP and DTL. They said I would hear from the Store HR or the STL in a few days. Well that never happened and I called the store several times and never had anyone call me back. 3 weeks later I get an email saying I wasn't chosen. Communication could have been better. Can't leave candidates wondering for weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a manager.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was very scripted, as the manager was directly reading off the paper. It seemed to be systematic, since there were so many people to interview (19 when I was there).

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you've faced working in a group, and what were your emotions and the outcome   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with distractions?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview a day or two later. Short notice for the interview (same day) and besides the quick standard questions like availability, the person had a list of situational questions to go through. It's hard to come up with specific situations on the spot and I kept getting asked to be even more specific. She then said to wait while she checked if her supervisor wanted to come do an interview as well, but after waiting, he was busy so I just left and never got another call.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a conflict, and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Softlines Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online and took an assesment. Was called in for an in person interview by HR two weeks later. Came in the following week and met with team lead of the department then second interview with the main lead of the department. They use the STAR system to interview you and ask you questions from a 6 to 8 page packet each. The following week I was sent a rejection email. The department lead did not like the fact that I already had retail experience.

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. The interview started off with me discussing my resume. After discussing that they asked to know my strengths and opportunities for development. The last thing they asked was what pay do I expect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

A manager asked situational type questions off a paper and wrote down your answer nothing personal what so ever, they then give those papers to the manager in charge of hiring, so you never even get to speak to that manager unless youre hired. Its about as personal as what you fill out online but someone writes it down instead.

Interview Questions

• If i asked your past teachers or supervisors what would they say is your worst quality/area you need to improve in?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when your attitude changed the mood of an entire group   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you showed responsibility by asking someone of higher authority than you for help   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview was really easy, stuff like why Target and then situational based questions. However, if you can't work holidays (such as Thanksgiving and Christmas) you probably won't be chosen for the position.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

Asking you to recall a time something didn't work out with a guest, what was the situation, what did you do, and what was the result. Mostly difficult for the fact you must think of a past situation on the spot in all the questions.

bogus process ...they would hire someone who hasn't been there that long over the people who've been there for years who have gone above and beyond.

Interview Questions

• Why should you get the position as team lead   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to Target online and was sent an email about a week later to set up an interview. I had a phone interview and afterwards, I set up an in person interview for the next day. There were two in person interviews. I passed the first one but did not pass the second. The questions were all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond someone's expectations.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Clinton Township, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. On the phone they ask a few general questions, like why you want to work there. At the interview I spoke with two people. The first was the Visual Merchandising Leader and the next was the executive team leader. They both ask the same things. Basically just a bunch of situation questions, i.e tell me about a time when this happened, what did you do, what was the outcome. At the end they told me there were three people applying for the job but only one position available. The main manager told me I did a good job on the interview, but the next week I got an email telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with   1 Answer