Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017
9,197 Interview Reviews

2.6

9,197 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I showed up ten minutes early and got kind of pushed to the side. The questions were repetitive and bland, they seemed eager to get my interview over with. They never contacted me after, not even to say I did not get the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in asked a current employee where to find a manager she pointed to a locked Door on the other side of the building that I had to knock on. I went in there is a desk. I told them I was there for an interview they told me to wait in the break Room about half hour later I was approached by One manager she asked me about where I worked prior. If I was ok with promoting the target brand (redcard) etc. Asked about my availability. Asked some questions and we were done in that room. she told me I needed to see another manager for a second interview so to go back in the waiting Room. half hour latee I was brought back. this guy asked me about my availability again asked me Why I left my other jobs, how my attendance was at other jobs. proceeded to asked me some more questions it was more like a personality test Or stress test. They werent too concerned About my qualifications to do the job but they were very nice everybody was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with an employee that you disagreed with   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were interrupted in the middle of a task   Answer Question
    • If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you were able to change a situation with your attitude   Answer Question
    • why do you choose to work at target   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Relatively straight forward interview process. Starts with a meet and greet and goes into 3-4 scenario based questions. After your first interview you may be asked to take a second one that day or later in the week. Overall an easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a superior. What was the disagreement and how was it handled.   Answer Question

Beauty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Joliet, IL).

Interview

I applied for the beauty team member position online and a week later got called in for the interview. I had 3 separate interviews over the span of 2 days and was offered the position on the day of the last interview.

Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I got an interview through my schools career fair and did the interview on campus the following week. There were two rooms set up with 2 separate sets of managers. Did both interview in about 45 minutes including wait time between rooms. Most of the questions they wanted specific examples.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation where you had a conflict with someone and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Clemente, CA).

Interview

Two interviews, one with Front end manager then 2nd one with her manager. Both very professional-most questions were situational and applicable to the position. Both interviewers were professional, helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where you had competing tasks   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

it was a behavioral interview. You knew with in the next week if you were chosen or not to go to the next round. Interviews were on campus usually the day after career fair.

Interview Questions

• if you were in a certain position, how would you handle it in a certain way?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The was easy for me . I came with a positive attitude. Just come in with a smile and have well thought answer . You shouldnt have no problem.