Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

8,348 Interview Reviews

2.7

8,348 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied to my Target online. It took a while to get a call to schedule for an interview, I wanna say like 2 weeks after applying. They scheduled me to come in for an interview two days later. The interview process was pretty easy. I came in about 20 minutes early and was told to go into the backroom and check in with the lady at the desk. I spent about 10 minutes waiting as they called in people to interview those who were waiting for interviews.

My first interview was okay. A lot of the questions were "tell me about a time...". You'd just answer these with examples from either previous jobs or school. They read questions off of a packet and take notes on what you say. The lady interviewing me never really showed any reaction towards my answers and so I thought I wasn't doing well. At the end she asked me about situational questions and how I'd handle it, but oddly she wasn't writing down my responses. Then I was asked to wait again for a second interview.

The second interview goes much faster because a lot of the questions were either repeated from the last interview or similar. They also ask you about your familiarity with technology. Its the same thing again, they read off of a packet and take down notes on what you say. Then afterwards I was asked do a quick meet with the Executive Team Leader. It was a 2 quick questions about "why do you want to work at Target... what is your availability..." and then was sent back to HR for a job offer right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   9 Answers
    • Explain your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer
    • Do you know anything about the Target REDcard or Cartwheel?   3 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you...   Answer Question

Hardlines Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Application was done online. The interviews were straightforward. One phone interview and one in-person interview. Had to do an employee assessment test in the store. I called about a week after I submitted my application to see if they had reviewed it yet, which was when they offered to set up my first phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered minimum wage.

Merchandise Planning Business Partner Interview

Interview

Met with a recruiter via career fair which resulted in a phone interview. This was the only step of the interview process and was a positive experience! I have not heard back yet as to the results of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a project with a time constraint.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First interview is over the phone informal interview with the recruiter. Second interview is a behavior analysis style type of interview questions with the recruiter. Third interview is an onsite interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team to achieve a goal and what was your role and the outcome?   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

An HR representative will contact you and set up a phone interview with you for a phone screening. They will ask you general questions to get to know you and ask a few STAR behavioral questions. If everything goes well, they will move you on to the next interview and tell you HR will be in contact soon to schedule an in-store interview.

HR will send you an email/call you to confirm another date and time and tell you to be prepared for STAR style questions again. I met with the store manager for my second interview and it was extremely pleasant. Everyone was kind and interested. He ask about 5 questions, some were more difficult than I was expecting.

After that interview, if you have been passed by the store manager, you will be set up with a final interview with a district manager alongside the HR business partner.

I thought the interview with the store manager was pleasant but this final interview was SO laid back and low stress. I was only asked 3 questions, majority of the time was spent getting to know one another.

Be sure to prep your responses using the STAR method and you'll do fine!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you showed leadership.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you kept asking questions and it lead you to a different outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used another group for leverage in order to complete a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker or team member.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and it had a big impact.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you contributing lead to a project being more efficient.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They have you fill out an questionnaire when you get there that's takes about 20 to 30 minutes. Then you will meet with one of the executive team leader and he or she will interview you.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength that would help this company progress?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. The interviewer asked me questions about my previous work experience. Next step was an in person interview at the store. I met with two people who asked more similar questions about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision under difficult circumstances.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I was offered the job while I was working seasonal part time due to my experience and the store just fired the guy so it was just a interview with store manager and DFM

Executive Team LeaderGuest Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was recruited at my university's career fair for the summer internship. After the career fair, I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about 2 days later. She explained the role and asked for a first interview. The first interview was over the phone with her. Very simple questions, mostly about my background/experience and what I wanted to do after college. I was contacted a day or 2 later for a second round interview. This time it was with a Store Team Lead (STL). It was on my college's campus and it lasted about 30 minutes. It was a bit more difficult of an interview, the STL spoke about the company and the position but also dug deeper into my future goals. A few days after that interview I was contacted for a third round interview, this time with the Distrcit Team Leader (DTL). This one was more intense, it was back to back behavioral questions. The DTL was a little intimidating and hard to read. I did A LOT of research on him beforehand and had a list of questions to ask him. I was offered the position the next day. I completed the internship successfully and was offered a full-time ETL role after graduation; which I accepted bc the salary is great for a recent-grad! They did not interview me again for the ETL position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you disagreed with a colleague/superior?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you led a group to achieve a goal?   Answer Question