Target Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Aurora, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

There are initially 2 interviews the first interview I received was with the team lead of the front end and the second was with the human resources team lead. They ask the basics such as why do you want to work for this company and what certain words mean to you. I would say the crucial part was making sure you can break the barrier with the first interviewer so as long as the interviewee strives to work hard or is very sincere in their willing to learn as well as quality to lead

Interview Questions

• The questions are not difficult its more about how your previous job or experiences will match what they are looking for in their employees there is no specific because most of the time they ask something like what past experiences do you have that you think would be beneficial to this job. How do you answer that question? Tell them about what customer service or what you did in school that helps others of that sort   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Mobile, AL) in June 2010.

Interview

When I interviewed it was when the store was opening in my town. I went in and filled out an application. I sat down a few minutes later with one of the mods. He was nice. the interview was about 15 minutes. I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were hard. It was the typical questions, like, explain to me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer? or What does customer service mean to you? It was pretty easy since it was only the cashier position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the pay they offered

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Filled out an application online. Received a call that same day from HR saying that someone would be getting in contact with me the next day for an over the phone interview(Thursday). The following Tuesday, went in for an in-person interview. Was offered the job right after.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you made a mistake and how you handled/rectified it?   1 Answer
    • Tell of a time when you had to work on a team for a job/project? What was the experience like? What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • If I were to speak to a former boss/supervisor, what would they say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiated; I was offered a pay and I took it (desperation for a job).

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

Pretty simple and straightforward process. After submitting an application in-store, the manager on duty will come to do a follow-up, then set up an interview

Interview Questions

• If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Encinitas, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

You have to apply online through their website or through an in-store kiosk, Through this online application they shoot you through the usual DOB and who you care then a test on your personality. They will call you within a week or two weeks time if they are interested or have passed their stereotypical personality test. I had to apply 3 different times before I was recognized. They will call you in for an one on one interview with one of the store team leads, from there they ask you a myriad of questions about your personality and work ethic. In some cases they will hire you on the spot or ask you for a second interview to which another manager will ask the same amount of questions of you. When you are hired they will schedule a day in which you can come in and train or become acquainted with the store policies and regulations this takes one to two weeks. During this time you will have hands on training and you will have to shadow an employee until you are comfortable on your own at the task required. After that you are left to your own devices.

Negotiation

Was unable to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fresno, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got called back about 2 weeks later. The girl made me call another number and they asked me question if i got government aid etc. She had set me up for a phone interview the next day, we did the phone interview it was pretty quick and she told me if they were interested they would call me back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• The question were pretty standard. When was a time you had to deal with a rude customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (North Haven, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

My first interview was fine. They called me in, asked me standard interview questions (strengths/weaknesses, past experience, etc). Normally, they would do second interviews on the same day, but things were really hectic that day so they scheduled it for later in the week.

So I came in for my second interview about ten minutes early, and proceeded to wait an hour for the interviewer to meet with me. He seemed like he was in a terrible mood and didn't want to meet with me in the first place. Now, the positions I applied for were cashier and sales floor team member; however, after a couple generic questions that were already asked in my first interview, he told me that those positions were filled and they had no use for me.

Half a week later, there were new ads put up for the same exact positions. Either this store has some serious communication issues, or they're fine with lying to interviewees.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied some time in May or June and got a call in July. Got a phone interview first and then called for another interview in person. Got a conditional offer right away.

Interview Questions

• A mistake you made, what you did about it, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Some basic questions. Why do you want to work for this company? What major challenges and problems did you face? and how did you handle them? What are your key strengths and weaknesses? Are you over qualified for this job?

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and then around a few weeks later, I received a phone call to schedule my interview. (NOTE: You should print out your application if possible, or at least jot down your positions/ store address/ time availability. It's easy to forget, especially when they call you like a month later.) The questions the person asked were very simple on the phone, so I'm not sure it would qualify as a "phone interview". Just basically: Is your time schedule the same? Can you work overnight or day? Etc, just questions to confirm basically.

Then she told me how the interview would go (Arrive to Target, take the questionnaire on the computer, then once you're done, pick up the red phone and tell them you're ready. The questionnaire was very straight-forward and takes maybe 15 minutes. Then the red phone is literally right next to the computer and you pick it up and say you're ready.) The computer questionnaire is most likely located in guest services.

Then I sat on the bench and waited to be called in. A lady came by shortly, shook my hand and introduced herself. Then she led me to a room where I watched a short video clip about my positions. After the video was done, I was led into a room to wait for the interviewer.

The person came, and led me into this small office. It was a 1 on 1 interview. She had a interview packet and the packet had a few pages of questions. On the first few pages, it was just confirmation details so she was looking at my Target application and copying down the information (like the hours availability, etc) and then she asked me to sign it. Afterwards, she would ask me questions and I would answer them, and she would write them down. She was very friendly.

After that, I was supposed to have my second interview but the person was not there. The first interviewer said that the person will give me a call to schedule an appointment. But a few days passed, and I never got a phone call. Instead, I got a generic email telling me I did not get the position. (Disappointed because I was hoping the least they could do, after we had already met and had in-person contact, was make a phone call to me, and not send a generic, two sentenced email.) I was also eerily suspicious of the fact that my second interviewer was not present during my interview time period. Not only was that unprofessional and a waste of my time if I had to have come back, but a major red flag (Was my first interview that bad that they knew they didn't want to hire me and didn't want to waste their time on a second interview? Was the second interviewer just not present? Etc)

By the way, the questions are read straight from the packet, and sometimes the interviewer would ask follow-up questions. But I think for the most part, everyone gets the same questions since they utilize a packet.

Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target and why these positions?
      When have you gone out of your way to help somebody?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Describe a time you have to work under stress. What was the outcome?
      Tell me a little about your past experience.
      What would your former colleagues or teacher say about you?
      Explain a time when you were busy and needed to prioritize the tasks ahead of you.
      How long do you plan on working with us?   Answer Question