Target Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2017

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Target

2.4
HardAverageEasy
Found 137 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanton, CA
Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Stanton, CA)

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few days later for an in person interview. I was interviewed twice, and told I got the job and they would call me back to schedule training. They never called back.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of skills do you have that you can bring to this position?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Target (Oceanside, CA) in Sep 2017

Interview

This was part of a mass hiring event, and I was asked a series of the usual, standard interview questions. Unfortunately, the interviewer did not seem happy to be there, and that may have affected the process. Previous retail or customer service experience is a plus, so emphasize that.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in Feb 2017

Interview

Applied online, was contacted four days later for an interview. Came in for the interview about 15 minutes dressed nicely and waited a little while for the team leader to interview me, like many of the reviews online say if you don't get a second interview you most likely didn't get the job. Luckily I advanced to the second interview with the executive team leader (ETL) where he also asked me a few questions. At the end he said I would be contacted within a day, good or bad, which made me a little anxious I read online that a lot of people were offered it right on the spot. The next day I got a call early in the morning where I was asked to come in, I did so thinking I was getting a job when I talked to another ETL but over a different department. He explained that they had no positions left in the original department I applied for which was logistics (Back of the store) and said that the former ETL guy suggested I'd be a better fit to work in his department. (Front of the house) I agreed because I was just eager to get a job and he was ecstatic about it. Although it wasn't the original position I had applied for he and everyone else on the team look like they'll be fun to work with. After he said he was giving me a job offer he took me to HR where the lady sent in my background check and scheduled me for orientation. SIDENOTE: It's hard to find reviews where people have had second interviews but weren't offered a job offer right away on glassdoor, I thought I was one of the few who had not been considered but I was so even if you think you may not have done good if you weren't asked right away and instead told you'd be contacted keep on to the chance that you will get it. The interview questions on here are also a bunch that will be asked in the interview to help prepare. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at target?
  • Why should we hire you?
  • Name a time when you disagreed with a coworker and how you solved it.
Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (City of Industry, CA) in Nov 2016

Interview

The process was really quick. I applied two weeks prior to the phone call inviting me in for an interview , I got both my interviews same day and hired as well. I start the following Monday . Called Thursday interview Friday ' orientation Monday really fast!

Interview Questions
  • Why would I like to work for target ?
Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN) in Oct 2016

Interview

was asked questions to determine my ability to lead and follow directions in the workplace. Was asked about previous job expirence. I was also asked about what type of job I was looking for. They asked me why I chose target. They asked me If I would be comfortable working with others

Interview Questions
  • explain a time you dealt with conflict in the work place and how did you respond to that conflict and what was the out come. was it positive or negative
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2016

Interview

I filled out an application in the computer of the store. I t took about an hour to complete it. After an hour wait with other apllicants , I was interviewed. After a week, I received an email notifying me that I was not going to be hired

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my availability.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (United States)

Interview

got a call within 13 hours of applying. scheduled an interview. nerve racking but everyone was friendly and the interviews were quick. got an offer for the job that day. all 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
Target
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parker, CO
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Target (Parker, CO) in Aug 2016

Interview

Not terribly long, but meticulous. Managers were very nice and understanding. Though the questions were quite annoying and describing a situation. Manager said it would have been better to call the interviewer sir or madam, which I get to be polite but I don't see why mister or miss would be wrong.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you had to ask for help from someone while doing something, like babysitting.
Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Target (Bellevue, WA)

Interview

You typically have to do an online survey when you first get there. From there you have to wait until a manager comes to interview you in a small office

Interview Questions
Target
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Target (United States)

Interview

The first part of the process was being registered for a Red Card by one of the GSTLs. After that I began the first interview with a different manager. In about 10 minutes we finished, and another manager came to conduct the second interview. This one took about 35 minutes and we discussed the store policies, employee expectations, and other useful information. At the end of the second interview they said they would be in contact with me sometime that week and the process was finished.

Interview Questions
  • The first part of the question required you to share a situation from prior experience where something happened with an angry guest, there was a disagreement between you and a leader, or any type of reward you received for something job related. (Ex. Employee of the month.) After you share the situation, they ask you to explain how you handled it and what the outcome was. They may ask if you learned anything from it, but even if they don't it's REALLY smart to say you did, then somehow answer them by finding a way to relate it to the job. I applied for the cashier position, so they asked questions about handling money, the register (technology in general), and your overall experience with customer interaction. The questions are relative to the specific job.