Target Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.2

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Milton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Milton, GA).

Interview

I applied online through the Target website and was later called in for an interview. I talked to the store manager who asked me about my work experience and activities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There was a two-part interview the interviews were pretty simple and the managers were very nice. I felt pretty good about my interview when I had it and I thought that the store would be a great fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Omaha, NE) in October 2017.

Interview

Filled out an online application on a Tuesday evening. The store called me on a Saturday afternoon to do phone interview, and then asked me to come in for in person interview. There was no one in HR at the time I came in for in person interview, so the ETL gave me the interview. The manager was very nice and said that I was such a good fit for her team that she didn't need to have a second interview, and that HR would call and extend an offer the next day. I went in to sign the offer a couple days later over my lunch hour, and the HR person left me waiting for over 30 minutes. I called and confirmed my appointment that day, but was still forced to wait.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you were able to explain a process differently to someone to help them better understand.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I've always wanted to work for Target and was recruited by a current team member. I applied online, and got a call back a few days later to schedule an interview. I had my first interview with one of the managers and then directly after that I had my second interview with the HR manager. After the interview she basically said she wanted me on the team and presented me with a job offer. A few days later I was called to come into orientation the following day. Honestly just be super friendly and if you don't know the answer to one of the situational questions just say something like "in a situation like that it's important to be..." and so on. If you're thinking about applying make sure you have a very open schedule because, especially in the holiday season, they're going to want you to work a lot. Also it's okay if you answer the same thing for the questions in different interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
    • If I called one of your managers what would they say is an area of strength for you?   Answer Question
    • If I called one of your managers what would they say is an area of weakness for you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you and your team member had a disagreement.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you changed someone's mind with your attitude.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to multitask and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back in 3 weeks. Had an over the phone interview and scheduled my in store interview. Had and interview with a team leader then scheduled a second interview with an HR. At the interview with the HR he asked about the same questions as the team leader had. I was offered a job on the spot. Was hired after a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation in which you provided great customer service and what was the result?   1 Answer

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online called on 2/24/17 to check status. Got interview on 2/27/17. Second interview 2/28/17 and offer on 03/01/17. Orientation was 3/9/17. This locations' process was straight forward and efficient. If you want to work they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to resolve a conflict at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was simple and straight forward. They asked basic interview questions. Following the interview, they took me to go take the questionnaire on a computer in the back.

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Sioux City, IA).

Interview

Very awkward interview process, nobody knew that I was coming. The person who was supposed to interview me wasn't there. Instead I was interviewed by someone who really had no idea what was going on. I felt that halfway through the interview neither one of us wanted to be there and it was a lost cause. The questions for the interview felt as if I was being interrogated and didn't seam very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time that you had to display leadership?   Answer Question

Cashier; Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Ontario, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It is a three step process, when you get into the interview you will first interview with the team leader on the floor, depending upon how that goes you will then interview with their boss. If all goes swimmingly you communicate with HR and get an offer. All in one day.

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Made appt and waited for them to see me. I did the drug screen,signed paperwork. And discussed hours.They also gave me a toir of the store and met other team players as well.