Target Executive Team Leader, Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

3.1

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was told I was interviewing for an ETL-HR position. Following the completion of the first interview with the recruiter and leading into the second I was asked if I was interested in a team leader position. I politely said I didn't know and I'd look into it. During my second interview the STL pushed the team leader position on me again, saying I could move up into an ETL in 6-12 months. When I was contacted about the third interview I politely emailed back that I was uninterested in the team leader position due to a variety of reasons, one being salary, another being the fact that I have a degree. The recruiter then called me and tried to talk me into the team leader role. I ended the conversation saying I'd consider it if the money improved. During my third interview I met with the DTL. He was nice and polite but at the end of the interview told me I was being offered the team leader position because I didn't seem ready for the ETL HR position despite having a year of supervisory experience. He then cited one of my answers, when I was forced to contact a manager about an employee after speaking with her about her behavior several times to no avail, as the reason I wasn't ready. He also insinuated that I have poor work ethic despite my school and job history proving the exact opposite. He followed up by saying, concerning the team leader position, that I could move up in 12-18 + months. I declined and the interview ended. I then sent a short email to the recruiter stating that I was not interested in the team leader position, and thus concluded my experience with Target. I left feeling as if they were never even considering me for the ETL role despite selling me on it in the beginning. I will never consider a job with Target ever again thanks to this experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to form a professional relationship with someone you didn't see eye to eye with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First interview is over the phone informal interview with the recruiter. Second interview is a behavior analysis style type of interview questions with the recruiter. Third interview is an onsite interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team to achieve a goal and what was your role and the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

All situational based questions with different area leaders. Most of the time there will be 2 Target people per interview. There is also an online assessment that you must take. Overall process took 1 month, 4 rounds of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Evansville, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with a company recruiter named Emily Boggs. She asked me to interview with the store manager and the regional manager. All 3 interviews are STAR format, but the two managers that interviewed me both asked about what I do in my spare time and then asked follow up questions regarding this I should have been more prepared to answer this question because in retrospect I feel I didn't get the job because I have children and mentioned this. The store manager even proceeded to ask me how many kids and what sports they are involved with. It seems very strange that they both jnquired about this instead of just primarily sticking to the STAR questions which I feel I answered exceptionally well.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time? And most other questions are all STAR format questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, STL interview (face to face), then District manager interview (face to face), job shadow, offer. Each interview is approx 30-45 min long at a target location. They ask general leadership questions and heavily utilize the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to give something up because of your job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career resource center and signed up for an interview. The first interview was a 20 minute long interview with mostly behavioral questions and the most important question, "why target?" If they like you, then you move on to a second round interview with the same questions but you're in a 1-on-1 interview with a supervisor. I received my offer a week later.

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Normal, not hard, took 1.5 months to complete. Wish I knew what I was getting into before. Not a good job experience-think hard before accepting and taking the plunge, a paycheck is not everything.

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview from someone in a different state. It was a female. Named Emily I believe. Said they would call back in a few days and 2 weeks later I emailed them to find out what was going on and they emailed back saying I didn't get the position and I wasn't allowed to ask why since it is target's policy to not give feedback...

Interview Questions

• They asked about my hobbies. They also a asked what got me interested in retail.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for a phone interview the following week and I was told I would hear back 3-5 days after phone interview but never got an email or call.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you built professional relationship with a person you had conflict with.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

All behavioral based questions regarding leadership expectations. 3 interviews starting at district level and ending at group level. Interview process is not long. Just over 2 weeks from start to finish

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to demonstrate courage?   Answer Question