Target Fitting Room Attendant/Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Fitting Room Attendant/Operator Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cupertino, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

There are 2-3 interviews depending on what job you are applying for the first is usually with an HR team member in which they inform you of target culture, starting pay, and basic requirements of working at target. Then you have your second interview and depending on who's working that day you will have it right after your first interview or you will be asked to come back at a later date. The second interview is either with a team lead or an ETL (manager) for the department you are applying for depending on who is available. They ask a lot of situational questions and general get to know you questions. The third interview doesn't always happen it just depends on the store and it is with the STL (store team lead) who is like the manager of the managers. They will basically just do everything that was done in the first and second interview.

Interview Questions

• A customer wants an item that isn't on the shelf what do you do to help them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. Target tells you upon entering the room for your first interview what your pay will be and if you do not like it that you will not be hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Fitting Room Attendant/Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

You must complete an online application and then a phone interview. After that, you are brought in for an in-store interview. It was quite quick, maybe 20 minutes. If you remember nothing else to say on your interview, remember to go above and beyond for the customer to ensure a satisfactory guest experience. Target truly does care about the guest above all else and they have policies in place to ensure that guests have a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked hypotheticals such as, "What would you do if a customer asked if an item was in stock?" (Not an actual question just a practical example)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Cannot negotiate. I started at $7.75 (25 cents above minimum wage at the time). After that I was given a 6-month merit pay raise of a measly 6 cents to bring it to $7.81/hour. When NY increased their minimum wage and because I had been working for a year, my wage increased to $8.25 an hour.

Fitting Room Attendant/Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target in May 2015.

Interview

I went through two different interviews the first day. I was sure I didn't get the job because they didn't hire me on the spot. But the next day I was called in for a third interview and it was an informal interview. This interview was basically to tell me I got the job! This interview consisted of me filling out a questionnaire and then going through some paperwork to verify my availability and salary. All the questions that are on this website were asked, so prepare and you are sure to get the job! The questions I was asked that weren't here were..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to stand up for yourself   Answer Question
    • What would a former employer have to say you have to improve on   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you were interrupted and how did you deal with that   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. I was interviewed by two unique people, the Fitting Room Manager and the Human Resources Dept. They asked me simple questions about experience and job scenarios.

Go in the interview with a clean heart, Well spirited, and even a warm personality to get the staff started. My store was very friendly and instantly welcomed me to the team.
    At this time, I had little to no experience working with customers, but this was a job I could quickly put on my resume.

Interview Questions

• If you had a coworker who is bothering another coworker and it was interrupting your work or the job performance as a whole, what would you do?   1 Answer