Target Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview Questions

2.2

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Interview

1st you need to apply online our in store after answering the questions you summit it and wait for a confirmation . After several weeks I received a call for an inerview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Vista, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Seems to me to be pretty typical of interviews I've had recently (last few years). Which is to say that there is either a two-part : (1) phone interview with common questions like, "...name a time when you set a goal for yourself and how you went about achieving that goal?..." or "what was your LEAST favorite job and why...what was your favorite job and...?"
    (2) Similar interview at the Company site with manager(s)
    At Target BOTH of these interviews are done on site with a Manager, then with one HR person. (no phone interview).
    Not difficult. Very casual.

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Interview

when i came in for the interview they made me sit at a computer and take another test, it was easy enough, but some of the answers were coded wrong and they didn't make sense. so i guessed. i waited 20 min to be interviewed the first time, i was asked all kinds of customer service questions and the interviewer did not even make eye contact he just wrote down my answers. after that i waited another 30 min for a second interview. when that finally happened i was offered another position that had nothing to do with my experience or ability.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bessemer, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Bessemer, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, received a call back about 2 weeks later. Went to store for first and second interview (each interview approx. 25 minutes - 30 minute wait between interviews). During both interviews I was asked at least four "S.T.A.R" questions, along with the ice breaker "Tell me why you want to work for Target?" Position was entry level. No negotiation available for starting pay ($7.40 hour). Hours would be scheduled 2 weeks in advance and would change regularly, but most likely would include all weekends, plus a day or two during the week.

Interview Questions

• Describe the situation that you were in where you needed to accomplish a team goal. Describe the action you took to meet the goal. Describe the result of that action.   Answer Question

I prefer a part-time job with regularly scheduled hours.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

First you come in and wait with Human Resources you are then whisked away by one manager they ask you a series of questions off your application next if they like you then you get a short African american female manager who will be very unprofessional and say if you do not have open availability I will not be able to hire you and she will also say i generally do not hire people who ride the bus "UNPROFESSIONAL" ! at that point you enter this target at your own risk.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer who is disgruntled because we do not have a specific item they were looking for in stock?   Answer Question

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

I was called, and then they made an appointment for my interview. I was questioned by one person, and then waited about ten minutes for the other. After a few more questions, I was hired on spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Reading, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied the night before and got a call back the next morning. Total of three interviews... Yeah I know, Ridiculous! Went through the first two interviews but wasn't hired in the end. Such a waste of my time.The hiring managers were very nice and friendly though. They emailed me about a week later saying that try couldn't offer me the job, but thanks for my interest. Never again!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you did something above and beyond than what you had to.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Holyoke, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out application on line. Was called two weeks later. Had personal interview. Got hired after interview. Answered questions appropriately. Had orientation. Started right away. The main question that was asked if I was reliable. The answer was yes.. Employment was seasonal , but I never missed a day of work.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work there? Do I have reliable transportation. Asked senirous and what would I do in situations. How would I handle inappropriate customers. How to be helpful to customers as to finding things in store, or if I could not answer questions then reported to supervisors who could.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I applied online, which included a lengthy questionnaire. After I had a very basic phone interview about customer service experience I was asked to come in and interview in-store. The store team-lead himself ended up interviewing me instead of who was supposed to do so. He actively sought to upset me in the interview and asked a lot of hypothetical questions about difficult situations with customers. He also threw around a lot of numbers which he said backed up his assertions. Then five minutes later he would argue from the completely opposite spectrum.

Interview Questions

• There were quite a few hypothetical situations, the worst was one about a guest who actively tried to pay 2 dollars less for an item and how much money it would lose the store if you gave her 2 dollars off an item or if you made her pay the full amount. The situation was taken way to the extreme, including giving everyone off two dollars and how social media plays a role in commerce.   1 Answer

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met with one of the managers at the starbucks inside the target.
    Interview was only about 5 minutes.
    I asked simple questions.
    After it was over, did the drug test and started the very next week.