Target Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

applied to target online and got a callback a day later. asked basic questions like availability, why do you wanna work at target, etc then set up an interview.
the first interview was 4 questions mostly behavioral questions. so when they ask you these lay out the situation the task and how did you complete the task and the outcome. make sure you smile and you are confident. got a second interview and basically asked the same questions then got a third interview which was a meet and greet telling me i got hired. process took about a week and a half. remember to smile be confident and relax.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring process for working at Target was simple and we went through everything pretty quickly. After the initial in-person interview, you complete a drug test and background check, and the participate in 2 weeks of training before you are put on the floor by yourself. The overall experience was a positive one, and they do a lot of prepping to make sure you are prepared for your first shift.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 one-on-one interviews with different managers and executive team leaders. About 5-10 min with each one. Easy questions and the entire process is explained in an easy to understand manner. First they start off with casual chatting just to ease your nerves, then they tell you a little about themselves. It is helpful that they make sure you are comfortable before asking the actual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed and how did you face the consequences.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you successfully worked on a team.   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick , had a phone interview with an HR person. They then scheduled an in person interview with a supervisor then that same day had my interview with the softlines ETL. They offered me the job right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Lombard, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had gotten an email from HR to come into an interview. All of the scheduling for it was done by email. The interview took a while because HR was backed up. I waited about 45 minutes after my scheduled interview to be seen. I was first interviewed by a softlines team member that had been working there for a while, then I was passed onto the team lead, then an HR rep. I walked out with the job. A few days later, I think maybe 2-3, I got another email from HR with my orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with an unruly customer or fellow employee. How did you deal with that? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to this position if hired?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online on a Thursday. Was called on Saturday for the original store I had applied to but then they forwarded my application to another target. Was called the next day and we set up an interview for three days later. The interview went pretty well, I felt pretty confident. I came in and interviewed with two people. The first person confirmed my availability and then asked me about 5 questions from a sheet that had "tell me about a time..." questions. Then I was asked if I was available for a second interview and had me wait for the next person. The next person was very chill and nice. Didn't have much small talk between the two people, just answered the questions on the sheet. I then was offered the job on the spot by an HR person.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your past teachers or supervisors what would they say is/are your strength(s)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champlin, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Champlin, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy. I applied online at target.com. I received a call back the same day and set up an initial interview with the manager the next day. The day after my initial interview, HR called me and set up one more interview. I was hired on that same day. The questions that the Manager and HR asked were situational questions. Because I applied for the apparel department, they asked me questions about fashion and retail.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a guest who who was staring at a mannequin?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had experience with trying to sell a product to a guest?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever disagreed with any direction you were given, how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a guest was trying to find something out of stock in our store?   1 Answer
    • How do you envision your role, or what do you think your role entails?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two people that interviewed me, the manager and the HR manager.
    Both were very nice people, especially the HR manager she had an upbeat personality which made me feel less nervous. They both asked the same questions mostly about my past work experience. The whole process was about 30 mins or less.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Super easy and simple, basic questions, Wear Business casual and have that confident " i already have the job" personality, they love when you're very professional about a sales floor position, it makes you look like you'll stay with the company and continue to be loyal to them for more than the average couple of months.

Interview Questions

• How would you be an asset to this team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Nashua, NH) in July 2015.

Interview

You meet with two levels of management, a sales floor team lead and then an executive (usually those in charge of the department your interested in). They go over availability and work experience before asking a series of questions out lined in a packet specific to your desired work center.

Interview Questions

• How have you previously handled conflicts of interest within the workplace?   Answer Question