Target Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier/Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier/Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

1 Interview Review

Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier/Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Redlands, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

From the initial application placed to accepting the conditional offer took a total of 5 days. It seems that they are hiring plenty for seasonal, as the two ladies waiting for their interviews ahead of me were hired as well (pending background & drug test). The questions they asked me were identical to the ones listed on the site. From the top of my head:

1) Why do you want to work for Target?
2) How your previous managers/supervisors would rate your strengths?
3) Areas of improvement? (this is a continuation of the previous question)
4) Times you've worked with someone to accomplish a goal.
5) Describe a time you were frustrated with a co-worker.

The two gentlemen who interviewed me were extremely nice, and gave a thorough explanation of what they were looking in their answers. Being that they're all behavioral questions -- they want you to answer in a Situation - Action - Result (Outcome) explanation. At this point of the interview my nervousness went away and I actually felt comfortable answering the questions -- they were exceedingly supportive and kind with my answers, often times agreeing and giving me a nod.

After the questions, they'll leave the interview open for any questions you may have. I shot them a few questions regarding the work place, different positions, and they both seemed willing to answer them. At the end, they tally each grade and base it off a rubric with how well-qualified you are. After this, they tell you to go back into the seating room and the wait for a few minutes while the HR prepares their interview with you.

The 2nd "interview" -- meeting with the HR, was basically the lady giving me the green that I was hired, and an overview of the background/drug test process. They'll have you fill a few forms out (background check / drug testing location and deadlines), have you sign a form with your availability, and one last form about your seasonal agreement, what your position and salary is.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience. I'm not too great when it comes to interviews but they made me feel at ease. I'd highly suggest reviewing your behavioral answers for a few hours so you have an general idea of what to say.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved.