Target Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

328 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

I received an email asking for a phone interview about a week after I applied. The recruiter was late, and seemed distracted during the whole interview. All the questions were behavior based.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

Was reached out by email to interview by phone. Recruiter was a half hour late, uninterested, and condescending during the interview. Generally easy interview type questions. Quickly ran through questions in a monotone voice and wasn't looking to have a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to switch jobs?
      Describe a time wear you used your analytical ability to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

Brutal! This was for a group of recently minted MBAs. We were brought in as a group of six. They made the environment highly "passive aggressive" and competitive. I've been an athlete all my life but was very uncomfortable in this experience.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall many questions but all I could think about was getting out of there quickly. The culture was terrible. My sister worked at Wal Mart corporate and treated her like a queen.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

very smooth , Questions were very clear. The Interviewer was very clear in asking questions. The process was explained clearly. Great questions and Great culture.The process took 6 weeks from start to end . the whole experience was amazing as they communicated each step and did not leave me hanging in the air.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

3 part interview using the STAR interview strategy. The first interview was over the phone with HR. The second interview was over the phone with the hiring manager. The third interview was in person, first I met with the HR personnel then I met with two managers who interact on a daily basis with the manager I will be working under, followed by an hour interview with the hiring manager that I will be working other. The in person interview was about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked with a team member who proved difficult to work with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First I went through a phone screening with HR before being invited in interview in person with leaders within my pyramid. Met with 2 different senior leaders and was asked roughly 10 behavioral based questions.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbia, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Attended on campus Job Fair, asked back for interview a couple of weeks later. Interview was about 30 minutes long and included mostly behavioral questions with a couple of case/scenario questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience where you had to make a bold choice, pulling information from several different sources.   Answer Question

Senior Merchandising Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2017.

Interview

The process was quick, neat and friendly. HR was very responsive. First was a phone interview with the HR, and followed by a second phone interview around two week later with the manager that I would be reporting to. The conversations were pleasant, more like a chatting. HR called me immediately told me about the company decision when I sent out a follow-up email. I would very much like to work with them but my relating experience was kind of light.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2017.

Interview

The HR emailed me requesting for a phone interview. I replied immediately and the phone interview with the HR happened the next day. After the phone interview, the HR said that they will get back to me the next week and will set up an onsite interview. But even after 2 weeks there was no response from them. I emailed them and also tried calling them up but to no avail. After 6 weeks, i got a computer generated rejection email.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain about my work experience based on my resume.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Met them at the career fair at my school then was invited to first round interviews after submitting an application on the university career center. There was a meet and greet the day before the interviews so we could get a better chance to get to know our interviewers better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you identified a root cause and solved it.   Answer Question