Target Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

very smooth , Questions were very clear. The Interviewer was very clear in asking questions. The process was explained clearly. Great questions and Great culture.The process took 6 weeks from start to end . the whole experience was amazing as they communicated each step and did not leave me hanging in the air.

Interview Questions

• trick Behavioral questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First I went through a phone screening with HR before being invited in interview in person with leaders within my pyramid. Met with 2 different senior leaders and was asked roughly 10 behavioral based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I got an email about 3 weeks after a university career fair. The interview was all behavior. It has been a week and a half and I have not gotten an offer.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Rapid fire behavioral Qs from HR Recruiter - seem to be looking at personality more than substantive knowledge. HR seemed irritated at having to interview me because I'd already interviewed with hiring manager per an internal referral. Very form over substance - still seem tied to FFF motto (fast, fun, friendly) even for corporate job with graduate level requirements. Question if still biased to hire young peeps only.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to jump in when you incomplete information and had to analyze information and provide advice.   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

A friend who works for Target forwarded my resume to their recruiting staff. About a week later I recieved an email requesting a phone interview. During this interview we talked about my resume and the merchandising business analyst position. I am not a business major so it was a bit surprising when they told me this was the position they were considering me for. I agreed to a second interview. After a rather lengthy game of email tag (around 2 months) this one was set up in person. The interview questions were very simple behavioral "tell me about a time when" type questions. It was a very positive experience and I was shown around Target headquarters which was pretty cool. After that interview I was sent an email explaining I needed to take an online test. Maybe this is common for business majors but I was completely blindsided by its difficulty. If I remember correctly, you are given 30 minutes and there are around 25 questions to answer. These questions were terribly difficult for me. An example would be something like "Sally arrives at work before Bob. Bob arrives after Kim. Kim comes late on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. John always arrives after Sally etc. etc. who is the second person to arrive after Bob?" I don't think I would have had trouble finding the answers were it not timed, but to me doing these questions in roughly a minute a piece was simply impossible. I suspect there is an order of operations method to solve these types of questions quickly, which made me feel a bit cheated if I'm being honest. I akin it to asking students to solve derivatives without teaching them the short-hand method first. Of course the one kid in the class who has an older sibling that made them aware of it will be able to solve the problems faster. Does that in any way reflect them having intrinsic problem solving skills or intelligence above their peers? No. That is how I felt about this, and despite my positive experience with the recruiters it didn't leave me with the most positive impression of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Panel discussion, face to face at the company's corporate office, last about 60 mins. Mostly asked about the previous work experience and behavioral questions. After the interview, and when I accepted the offer, the forward movement was very quick.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Extremely straightforward. Only one interview before being hired (of course with the prior online assessments).

There was a meet-n-greet the night before the interview. Extremely friendly Target representatives. If you had topics you want to discuss with them about the company, they were more than ready to discuss with you!

Actual interview:
    My interviewer was the same person who I talked to the night prior.
    4 behavioral based questions (I still don't know the point of these), and a short Q&A afterwards.

I was notified roughly a week later of acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a project proved to be more difficult than first anticipated.   1 Answer

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

I met target at a career networking event, followed up at career fair, and was selected for an interview on campus. My on campus interview was fairly straightforward. Target overall asks more complex questions than other interviews that I have had. About a week later I found out that I had been selected to go to Minneapolis in 5 days for a final interview at HQ. The day started with a speaker and then 2 interviews, lunch, and then a tour of Minneapolis.

The interviews were extremely difficult. My first interviewer came into the room, said his name, and asked the first question. No small talk at all. He would not make eye contact with me and his phone went off during one of my answers. The second interviewer wasn't as rude but not professional. Overall I felt like Target wasted a lot of my time to fly all the way there and not even listen to me. I don't know what they're looking for or if they already have candidates in mind, but my overall HQ experience made me have 0 desire to work for them and even shop with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you experienced conflict in the workplace and had to go to a supervisor to seek help? What did you do? What did they say?   Answer Question

Merchandise Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screening to determine culture fit and get to know why you are looking for a new job, what about Target attracts you. I have not had the onsite interview yet that is next. It definitely takes knowing people to get in the door. I will let you know how it goes when I am done with the interview which is in two days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that...?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in February 2016.

Interview

Got selected for round 1 on campus Interviews. Had a casual pre-interview dinner at a local restaurant. Got asked "why Target" as well 5 behavioral questions. I think they were supposed to be answered in STAR format but I was never told so... Kind of wish they focused more on technical skills/job experiences but all they really seem to care about is fit.