Target Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

260 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

I received an email asking for a phone interview about a week after I applied. The recruiter was late, and seemed distracted during the whole interview. All the questions were behavior based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

HR Contact-- Contacted by email to gauge my interest in the position. I was asked salary requirements, interview availability, and given 1-2 behavioral questions.

Phone call with director and senior team member -- A couple more behavioral questions and then a conversation about the role.

Flew me to Minneapolis (stay overnight) and met with 3 individuals (director, senior, & analyst). Trip and accommodations were great. HR contact brings you to the 3 in-person interviews. All behavioral questions out of a packet that is probably standard across the company, at least the business side. Once you finish that portion (rather easy if you've interviewed with that style previously--Situation, Task, Action, Result), you get the opportunity to ask your own questions about the role and what the hiring manager is truly looking for.

Good experience, quality company.

Interview Questions

• Each of the 3 interviewers asked 4-5 behavioral questions (working with a team, being a leader, made a mistake, disagreement with coworker/team member, and many others along these lines). Make sure you have a bunch of previous work/school/life scenarios floating in your head to apply them to the questions.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

Brutal! This was for a group of recently minted MBAs. We were brought in as a group of six. They made the environment highly "passive aggressive" and competitive. I've been an athlete all my life but was very uncomfortable in this experience.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall many questions but all I could think about was getting out of there quickly. The culture was terrible. My sister worked at Wal Mart corporate and treated her like a queen.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

very smooth , Questions were very clear. The Interviewer was very clear in asking questions. The process was explained clearly. Great questions and Great culture.The process took 6 weeks from start to end . the whole experience was amazing as they communicated each step and did not leave me hanging in the air.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First I went through a phone screening with HR before being invited in interview in person with leaders within my pyramid. Met with 2 different senior leaders and was asked roughly 10 behavioral based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I got an email about 3 weeks after a university career fair. The interview was all behavior. It has been a week and a half and I have not gotten an offer.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Rapid fire behavioral Qs from HR Recruiter - seem to be looking at personality more than substantive knowledge. HR seemed irritated at having to interview me because I'd already interviewed with hiring manager per an internal referral. Very form over substance - still seem tied to FFF motto (fast, fun, friendly) even for corporate job with graduate level requirements. Question if still biased to hire young peeps only.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to jump in when you incomplete information and had to analyze information and provide advice.   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

A friend who works for Target forwarded my resume to their recruiting staff. About a week later I recieved an email requesting a phone interview. During this interview we talked about my resume and the merchandising business analyst position. I am not a business major so it was a bit surprising when they told me this was the position they were considering me for. I agreed to a second interview. After a rather lengthy game of email tag (around 2 months) this one was set up in person. The interview questions were very simple behavioral "tell me about a time when" type questions. It was a very positive experience and I was shown around Target headquarters which was pretty cool. After that interview I was sent an email explaining I needed to take an online test. Maybe this is common for business majors but I was completely blindsided by its difficulty. If I remember correctly, you are given 30 minutes and there are around 25 questions to answer. These questions were terribly difficult for me. An example would be something like "Sally arrives at work before Bob. Bob arrives after Kim. Kim comes late on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. John always arrives after Sally etc. etc. who is the second person to arrive after Bob?" I don't think I would have had trouble finding the answers were it not timed, but to me doing these questions in roughly a minute a piece was simply impossible. I suspect there is an order of operations method to solve these types of questions quickly, which made me feel a bit cheated if I'm being honest. I akin it to asking students to solve derivatives without teaching them the short-hand method first. Of course the one kid in the class who has an older sibling that made them aware of it will be able to solve the problems faster. Does that in any way reflect them having intrinsic problem solving skills or intelligence above their peers? No. That is how I felt about this, and despite my positive experience with the recruiters it didn't leave me with the most positive impression of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Panel discussion, face to face at the company's corporate office, last about 60 mins. Mostly asked about the previous work experience and behavioral questions. After the interview, and when I accepted the offer, the forward movement was very quick.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Extremely straightforward. Only one interview before being hired (of course with the prior online assessments).

There was a meet-n-greet the night before the interview. Extremely friendly Target representatives. If you had topics you want to discuss with them about the company, they were more than ready to discuss with you!

Actual interview:
    My interviewer was the same person who I talked to the night prior.
    4 behavioral based questions (I still don't know the point of these), and a short Q&A afterwards.

I was notified roughly a week later of acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a project proved to be more difficult than first anticipated.   1 Answer