Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,425 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,425 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Did 2 interviews . First one was a little intimidating , the interviewer was asking basic interview questions . Then she scheduled me an second interview for the following week . My second interview was very easy , the manager was friendly .during the second interview he basically was telling me about what I would be doing as a cashier and told me I got the job. No drug test .

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

started with a phone interview, got called in for in person interview and did not get the job. people were nice. there isnt really anything else to say so i guess thats it

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They had us all wait in a room next to the break room to be called in one at a time. It was a bit of a long wait, but nothing I wasn't used to. Once I was called, I was brought into a room with a manager and asked pretty simple questions. Don't be afraid to make some things up, especially if this is your first job. Make sure to memorize the REDcard promotions and tell them that you are completely confident selling them to people. This is all they care about. Have a good attitude and flexible schedule.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Manhattan, KS).

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Talked to the HR (GSA), then a high up manager, then hardlines manager. Just asked basic questions such as why you chose Target ect.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Very quick and easy. You fill out the application online, get a call to come into the office where you applied to work. After you go through the interview they will call you within a few days with their decision.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with a couple of people. It was an easy process and mostly pretty easy questions. Was only there for 5-10 minutes as they seemed pretty busy. Standard questions related to customer service.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Cashier/Service Clerk Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Very kind and friendly. Took a while to be called down. Once I was down there I talked to two different people and eventually was asked questions. The questions have to be answered in a case by case a senator and they need a specific instance to continue.

Target Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Panama City, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I went in for an interview, and ended up doing 3 in one day and I go back in tomorrow to finish the paperwork. They had me do 2 interviews and then come back later that day for my 3rd and final one where I got a job offering.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • If I contacted your previous boss, what would they say are your areas of improvement?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you exceeded someone's expectations   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Lansing, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Went to Customer Service Desk, checked in with an employee and mentioned I was there for an interview. I was told to sit in the Starbucks (most targets have one or a food service). Then the person interviewing me found me and introduced herself, and we walked to her office in the back of the store. There were 3 parts tot the interview. The 3rd part was meeting with the team manager, where I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most recent experiences. Why do you want to work for target? Familiar with the Target card and app? Situational questions: Skills, Behavioral, and typical situational interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed twice separately by two different people. The whole process took about an hour. They were really nice and understanding that most of the questions were pretty difficult to answer. They asked a lot of situational questions which I had trouble coming up with answers for on the spot. Just be talkative, make eye contact, and show that you're really interested in getting the job. They really want people who are bubbly and talkative.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were working with a team and you disagreed with one of your team members. What was your solution and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If I contacted one of your previous teachers, what would they say you could improve on?   Answer Question
    • If I contacted one of your previous teachers, what would they say your greatest strengths are?   Answer Question