Target Distribution Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

3.2

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. The interview started off with me discussing my resume. After discussing that they asked to know my strengths and opportunities for development. The last thing they asked was what pay do I expect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Grand Prairie, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through Target website and received e-mail within a few days to sign up for phone interview. The first interview was about 45 minutes long and was a little intimidating because of how she jumped into it. I was expecting a little more conversation before jumping right into it. Was not my best interview at all. Second interview was 1 hour later. She was a little more personable, which helped settle my nerves. Not a fan of phone interviews at all. They use the STAR method to interview.
    Sent thank you email after interviews and follow up email after one week. Response to follow up email was rejection notice. I know I'm qualified for this job but just had a terrible interview. Oh well.

Distribution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake City, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Lake City, FL).

Interview

Basically went over my resume. Asked a lot of questions about how I achieved each one of my promoted positions. A large portion of the interview was behavioral questions. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to work for each of your previous employers?   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

By far the best interview process I've been through. Everyone I spoke with was extremely friendly and made sure you had a clear understanding of what was expected in the interview.

Distributions Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Amsterdam, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

In person interview on campus from career fair followed by a facilities tour and another in person. Very positive experience, everyone was very helpful and the entire process only took 2 weeks

Distributions Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in February 2017.

Interview

Don't expect an answer back, terrible recruiting failure, people are nice until you leave the door. This was two rounds, and even if you send them a follow up email, they don't respond. Very disappointed and honestly recommend to apply to a different program.

, Distribution Center Interview

Interview

Drab.
    Cold.
    Unexpected.

When I arrived in Amsterdam, NY, my reaction was "well this place makes Detroit look like Kokomo". The distribution center was a blue collar workplace. Ill-fitting jeans, hooded sweatshirts, and a general lack of ambition permeated every inch if the 1-billion square-foot space.

Target failed to inform me that other candidates had interviews during the same session. This translated to waiting for each candidate to receive an interview before me.

After a 3-hour wait, I saw the interview as an opportunity to have the worst interview of my life.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with someone that is different than yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email from an HR rep stating that they would like to interview me over the phone within the next couple of days. When the phone interview was conducted, the recruiter gave me a brief overview of the position and what is normally expected. I was then asked to share a bit about myself; I was also asked a series of behavioral questions (e.g. Tell me about a time you failed to complete a project; tell me about a situation where you helped an employee who wasn't meeting expectations). I was then provided more information about the company's expectations for their employees followed by a few more behavioral questions. Once the difficult but pleasant interview was over, the recruiter informed me that there would be a follow up in about three days if I were extended a second, in-person, interview. About three days later, I received an email and phone call about attending the second set of interviews at the Regional and Food Distribution Centers. The recruiter then put me in contact with an HR rep at the RDC. I was also sent an invitation to complete a mandatory, hour long assessment which included scenarios and deductive reasoning questions. Shortly after, the RDC HR rep contacted me with date/time/location of the in-person interview (which was scheduled a couple of days out). When the day of the in-person interview(s) arrived, I was immediately impressed with the clean and relaxed atmosphere of the facility. I was met by friendly faces and given a tour (by an Operations Manager) of the RDC where I asked tons of questions and received tons of good answers. I was then brought up to a huge lobby area to meet with two senior executives. One of the pleasant employees provided me with a bottle of water while I waited. During the subsequent interview, the execs asked to hear a bit about myself and then launched a lot of behavioral questions (very nerve racking but pleasant). I was then asked to wait in the lobby again to meet two more executives. They asked me, pretty much, the same questions as during the previous interview. Both interviews lasted about an hour. I was then sent over to the Food Distribution Center for a second tour. To my surprise, I was interviewed (informally) by two more executives. Eventually, I was linked up with the FDC Logistics Manager who showed me around the impressive FDC. After the process ended, and a couple days later, I was offered a job. Overall, the experience was pleasant from start to finish and observing the people really made me very enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why do you you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.   1 Answer

Distribution Center Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Target careers and was contacted by a recruiter via email. I responded to the email to set up a time for a phone interview that took about twenty-five minutes. The recruiter was very nice and asked me a lot of typical interview questions about working as a leader and within a team. She was curious about my location preferences.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked with a team to solve a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pueblo, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through Target's online careers page. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter within a week for a basic get to know you interview. Approximately one week later I had a second phone interview with my recruiter focused on behavioral questions (STAR method). One week later I was given the opportunity to conduct an onsite interview at their warehouse facility in Pueblo, CO. Once complete with the facilities tour, had two back to back interviews with warehouse management again focused on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had a disagreement with a supervisor or coworker.   Answer Question