Target ETL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.2

240 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ETL Interview

Interview

Easy was more of a get to know you then an interview questions are easy as well. You may get one interviewer that feels they can intimidate you but look past it. It's all for show

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you say your friend stealing something   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First is phone interview from an HR representative, then interview in person either with district team team or store team lead. From there you should know if you received an offer or not as they will contact you.

Interview Questions

• They will ask behavioral based questions. So it is important to be ready for them and have some real life experiences to be able to better answer.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader (ETL) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Signed up for initial interview at career fair. Target provided some optional interview prep which I found beneficial. First interview was w/STL and ETL. Starts with small talk and your elevator speech. Then STAR questions come from a printed packet. At this point interviewers will begin to take heavy notes. I interviewed for about 30 min - after I was brought back in and told I'd be moving forward. Next interview I had the option (implied) of 1:1 or Skype interview. Tip: if you have the time/option, go meet in person. This gesture goes a long way with employers and allows you to show off many of your professional formalities (handshake, attire, eye contact, posture, non-verbals, etc.). This interview was with a District Manager. I loved the interview process with Target. They were friendly and most importantly professional, great experience.

Tips: (1) show up early and scan the store. From this develop some questions that let the interviewer know you got here early to analyze store operations. (2) Always dress for the position you want! They advertise "business professional" so make sure your looking 100. (3) Take 5-10 secs after STAR questions are asked to formulate your answer, this will save you from rambling on or skipping a step in the process. If you don't have an answer ask to come back to the question at the end. (4) Research the company and ask questions the interviewer didn't see coming, this shows interest. (5) Bring copy of resume on resume paper.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative to solve a complex problem?
      Why Target?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

ETL Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I was hired internally. The process is much more rigorous than if you're hired from campus. I went through 3 rounds of interviews--my current STL, another store STL, and the district team lead. I got all the interview questions before hand. The more important thing about your 'stories' for the questions is what you learned, how you apply it now and how will it make you a better leader in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was a very organized interview process. You will be asked to talk a little bit about yourself. The interviewers are usually Store Team Leaders. And then your final interview will be with a District Team leader. So you will have three different interviews. Make sure to prepare to answer a lot of Behavior Based questions like "tell me about a time you did...." have an exact situation, behavior, and outcome. The DTL normally doesn't have a guide for interview questions, so he or she can ask you spontaneous questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceed your manager's expectations? What was the situation? What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone screen that lasted about 15 minutes and the connection kept dropping and I was surprised the interviewer didn't suggest rescheduling the interview. It was very difficult to hear the questions that were being asked

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The initial contact was a Conversation with recuriter over the phone, then face-to-face with district manager, and final interview with someone in HR. Then the recruiter called back to make an offer acting as though they were negotiable when they were not.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you have failed out and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

ETL Target Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three rounds of interviews. Two of the interviews were done over FaceTime and my first interview was done in person. The interviews mainly focus on behavioral questions and looked at how you handled past experiences/situations. They really want you to describe specific experiences and not give just general answers. It's good to prepare by looking up information on Target before hand and make sure that you know a little about the brands they carry, etc. so that you can casually work those things in while answering some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to give feedback to a group of people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (Orange, CA).

Interview

The interview process was probably average. I applied and the next week i heard back with an email prompting me to select a time for a phone interview. i did and had an amazing interview with one of the recruiters. she asked basic questions and then moved me on to the in-person interview. i met with the store manager and then also interviewed with the district manager. I would strongly advise that you have some idea of leadership at target and what you can offer. The managers want to know that you're coachable and at the same time, you know what your'e doing, leadership wise.

Anonymous Employee in Whitewater, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Whitewater, WI).

Interview

Scheduled an interview at college career fair for the following week. After that interview, I was emailed the following day to set up my next interview. We will see what happens now.