Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017
1,301 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,301 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview at school job fair, and consisted of about 5 questions. I was called back to interview at district office in front of 4 other district leaders about a week later and was asked about 4-6 more questions, each asking me to describe a situation I'd been in and what I did to "fix" it. After the interview, I was contacted by the store I would be going to with a job offer, as well as a quick sit-down with the STL. At that store I did the formal application on a computer and was set up with the drug test information and orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone you disagreed with and how you made the situation better?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Phone interview and 2 face to face interviews. the phone interview was pretty easy just asking basic questions trying to get a feel for your personality. Face to Face interviews were more in depth.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a decision that was very hard.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

You will go through a series of interviews that will all question you using the phrase "Tell me about a time." I went through five interviews with a various amount of people from store level to district level management. I enjoyed them all and I think we all had great conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you and a peer had conflicting views and how you went about resolving them.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Once I was put in contact with the Senior Recruiter for my region, I was able to apply for the position through Target's career website. Soon afterwards, they conducted an initial phone interview, and a few weeks later, we scheduled a formal interview with the Store Team Leader and the District Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• The interview consistent mostly of behavioral based questions, with an emphasis on my experience as a leader.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying on the Target careers website, I received an email instructing me to schedule a phone interview. The interview occurred in the scheduled date, and lasted roughly 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this specific position?   Answer Question
    • Name a time in your past where you successfully solved a problem in your workplace.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader - Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was told I was interviewing for an ETL-HR position. Following the completion of the first interview with the recruiter and leading into the second I was asked if I was interested in a team leader position. I politely said I didn't know and I'd look into it. During my second interview the STL pushed the team leader position on me again, saying I could move up into an ETL in 6-12 months. When I was contacted about the third interview I politely emailed back that I was uninterested in the team leader position due to a variety of reasons, one being salary, another being the fact that I have a degree. The recruiter then called me and tried to talk me into the team leader role. I ended the conversation saying I'd consider it if the money improved. During my third interview I met with the DTL. He was nice and polite but at the end of the interview told me I was being offered the team leader position because I didn't seem ready for the ETL HR position despite having a year of supervisory experience. He then cited one of my answers, when I was forced to contact a manager about an employee after speaking with her about her behavior several times to no avail, as the reason I wasn't ready. He also insinuated that I have poor work ethic despite my school and job history proving the exact opposite. He followed up by saying, concerning the team leader position, that I could move up in 12-18 + months. I declined and the interview ended. I then sent a short email to the recruiter stating that I was not interested in the team leader position, and thus concluded my experience with Target. I left feeling as if they were never even considering me for the ETL role despite selling me on it in the beginning. I will never consider a job with Target ever again thanks to this experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to form a professional relationship with someone you didn't see eye to eye with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Usually 3 stages: store leaders, district leaders, group leaders, HR leaders will conduct interviews for ETLs. You need to pass each interview to move onto the next group.

Questions are very situational based; they want to look at your past experience and see how you handle certain situations and what you learned from them. Can be very thought provoking and hard to come up with high scope answers, but they are looking for the situation description, the behaviours or steps you took, and what the outcome was. The outcome should include what you learned from the situation. Add in if you were able to apply to future things.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you challenged your manager. What was the situation and outcome?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There are about 5 different interviews. I did 4 on the phone and 1 via Skype. You also have to take a skills based questions in which it asks you complicated situations and you have to solve them.

Interview Questions

• They are all situational based questions. Tell me about a time you...   Answer Question

Interview

Pleasant interviewers most of the time, covering the basic behavioral questions and "tell me about a time" however a lengthy interview process with multiple individual and group interviews. Well worth the interview process once offered a position.