Target Facilities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Abilene, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

2 interviews so far (face to face) one more with the HR person and then either a face to face or telephone interview with the Asset Manager. Good explanations, did a store walk through today as well

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fairly straightforward

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target in January 2015.

Interview

It has an awesome community great workers and to feel just like family.I think that people really enjoy working at target as a part-time job but not a full-time job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were being considerate and fair and truthful and it was not a scam

Store Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

I bunch of the same questions asked in different ways. I explained my employment background. You don't necessarily need maintenance experience. They want you to be a leader in the building.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

If you can perform general maintenance around your house you're hired.

Store Facility Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Bronx, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Long process talked to other supervisors and others we talked called back in a few days discussed money and what I'm going to start with I happily excepted the position and went through orientation and started soon as possible

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview

Had 3 interview all same day asked basic questions like tell me a time when? and what would you do if ?... Type questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation take it or leave it offer

Facilities Management Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Tampa, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

It was very smooth, straight to the point. The manager that hired me had many years of experience.
    The technical questions that were presented were all specific, and I got hired on the spot. I have since recommended other maintenance people to Target.

District Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Frisco, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

I recieved a call from a Target recruiter in Feb. askingme standard questions regarding my current employment and to schedule a phone interview with an Executive Recruiter.

The phone interview was basically a review of my resume and what I did at each job previously. Then I was asked a series of situational questions and was given the opportunities to ask questions regarding the position. At the end of the interview, the recrutier was very helpful in explaining the remainder ofthe process and coached me on things I could do better in the next round of interviews (told me to be more outgoing as I'm a little monotone on the phone). His critic was much appreciated.

I interviewed about 2 weeks later with the Group Facilities Manager and 2 DTL, each having an opening for a DFM in their district. The first interview was with one DTL and the GFM at the same time. The DTL asked the questions and the GFM just wrote everything down. Same format as the phone interview. The DTL was very high energy, ra-ra type. The GFM was kinda quiet and exibited much less energy.

This may have been the strangest interview I have ever been a part of. The DTL read every question directly from a page, I would give an answer with a situation, how I addressed it and the solution. Then the GFM would write it down. It was rinse and repeat. There was little conversation back and forth and the enitre vibe of the leadership felt very impersonal. The DTL's cell phone even went off during the interview.

After that, I went next door and interviewed with another DTL and it was the same thing. Pretty impersonable, no real discussion regarding management sytles or the company. The whole thing had a realy Pavlog's dog tone to it. Very procedural.

Anyways, I was told at the end I would receive word with in a week and did via email that they were going with another canidate.

In the end, the position seemed more coordinating of contractors than facilities management. There were zero tecnical questions.in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   1 Answer

Facility Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tifton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Tifton, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

They had five of us in at the same time and had us wait in a room while they came in and had us go individually with two of their managers. They asked me 4 to 5 scripted questions with no interaction while I answered. It was all behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• All behavior based...tell me a time when you....with no interaction from the interviewer. They just spent the entire time writing down notes.   Answer Question

I had another offer from a company.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview was a standard "star-type" interview. The HR person had no idea what I was talking about due to the fact that it was out of here scope of work. The direct manager was efficient and just went through the motions because he already knew he wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when.... and what you did to...   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it.