Target Food Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Food Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.3

Cashier, Food Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There wasnt really any questions i only got an explanation of what types of things they do. It wasnt long at all. But I expected more questions. It was interesting and I was nervous but I was prepared and still didnt get the job.

Food Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I applied for this job in the store and got a interview within a few days. The interview was a single interview with the manager, very informal. There were many steps to this interview (my schedule for the summer changed so I didn't end up getting hired), if I would have gotten hired I had to watch a video and such to get trained right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Nampa, ID) in August 2016.

Interview

I did an online interview and got a phone call a few days later from a manager -- she was incredibly friendly! I was set up for an interview the next day and, because she wasn't there to interview me, I was interviewed by the ETL. The interview was quick, but he stressed the importance of punctuality, friendliness, effort, and wanted me to know that the Target team strives to be like a family -- he expects support, respect, and trust between himself and his employees.

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Glen Burnie, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied Monday morning and had an interview 4 days later (Friday). My first interview was with the Trainer in the food ave it was pretty cool , laid back like you were talking to a friend lasted about 20 minutes. Once I was done I waited back in the office for about 10 minutes and then I had my second interview with the HR Manager he asked more behavioral questions. I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to put your differences aside with a coworker to get a job done ?   Answer Question

Food Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Cumming, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. Most of the interview questions were situational questions. Example: Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer or manager. They would prefer many details. Normally you will be interviewed by two different people. One is by the team lead for the position you applied for and the other may be by an ETL.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you found yourself in a stressful situation and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Some negotiation available.

Food Service Team Member Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later never called back again. Questions were kind of easy and some made you think to much. Kind of hard for a first phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you changed something with your attitude?   Answer Question

Food Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandywine, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Brandywine, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and called right after I finished my app. Set up interview for the following Monday. the interview was quick. she asked about four questions about customer service and behavioral questions. I didn't do well on the interview and wasn't offered the job

Interview Questions

• How has did your attitude change the outcome of a situation?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in July 2015.

Interview

So I went in for a food service interview, all was going well. The guy was really nice everything was chill. He was pretty handsome;) hehe. When they found out I was a 17 year old high school graduate, they gave me an interview for cashiering instead! So that was neat:) Everyone was super duper nice! In total I had 4 interviews. The atmosphere was very fun and I feel at home at target so it went well. The process took 1 day basically I was interviewed by 4 different people then got offered the job. I said yes of course!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you exceeded someone's expectations. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with another person because of personal differences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, they just sort of said you will be getting paid $11.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a email saying they were unable to offer me a position. Then 3 weeks later out of nowhere I got a call from HR representative (I guess) saying if I was still interested in working for Target. I said yes and I got an interview scheduled two days later. The interview was at 9 am. I went there, there were two more people on the waiting area. The team leader called me first at 9:20 and interviewed me. She was nice and friendly. She asked me the question listed below. When the interview was over she said I would get a call from a HR representative in approximately 7 days to schedule a second interview. However all I got was an email saying again they could not offer me a position. The whole process was disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the situation, behavior and outcome of a time when you were interrupted while doing a task?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the situation, behavior and outcome of a time when where you disagree with someone else?   Answer Question
    • If a teacher or coworker would have to describe you, what would they say about you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hesperia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Hesperia, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They put you in a room with other interviewees where you watch a video a bunch of times. The first interview was done in the cafe, early in the morning, before the store opened. Probably about 15-20 minutes long. Then they took me back to the room where I was immediately called up for a second interview. I thought that was going well but then we were interrupted by another employee conducting interviews. After that, the manager continued my interview, but seemed more distant. At the end, I was told they'd call or send a card letting me know if I got the job. I called the next day to thank the manager for the interview. A few days later, at 3:30 AM I got an email with a sentence telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Several questions such as "Describe an experience when..."   Answer Question