Target Food Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.4

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Food Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in August 2017.

Interview

I got an interview at target at 3:00pm. I arrived a bit early and they told me to sit down in Starbucks cafeteria. One of the managers came and escorted me to the office. I waited for about 5 more minutes than another manager came and sit me down in her office. Before she even asked me any interview questions, she said she had an issue with my availability, that it wasn't enough hours for them, so she goes out the door to ask if my availability is enough and she said no. Why didn't you just decline my application than? It was a complete waste of time and she apologized for it.

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Richfield, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

HR called me and had us set up for an interview next week. I went in and went to the services and told them I was there for an interview. The employee called the HR, but the HR had a "complaining" tone as if "ugh who the hell am I interviewing now" kind of tone. I thought it was quite RUDE because they're the HIRING MANAGER for a reason so they shouldn't be complaining about people coming in for an interview, especially when they're the one that was setting up the interviews in the first place. Anyway so I was told to go sit around and wait for the HR. I waited for 30 minutes and it turned out that the HR was "unable" to do my interview so she tried contacting the employees to let them know that she was gonna have the ETL do my interview instead (one of the employees told me this because she was wondering why I was just sitting there doing nothing for a long while so she left to go see what was going on). I waited 15-20 more minutes and no show so I just left the store. Bad experience, unorganized management, never applying to that Target again.

Interview Questions

• No interview because the HR and ETL kept me waiting for 45-50 minutes.   Answer Question

Cafe Team Member - Food Service Interview

Interview

Had to reschedule due to circumstances. Left both a voice mail and email for the HR department the day before but was told that since I missed the interview, "it was an automatic fail and they had other applicant in pool". Did not try to understand at all.

Food Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Clovis, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied in the middle of March. Received a phone call a couple of weeks later (on April 4th) to set up a phone interview that was scheduled for the next day, April 5th. The call took about 20 minutes. The questions were simple: availability, short intro to previous work experience, and a few situational questions. I was offered a second interview (in-person this time) for the next day, April 6th. This time I was asked about what kind of hours I wanted, availability again, and a few more situational questions that were similar to the ones on the first interview. I just answered each question honestly and had no problems. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you got called out for excellent service/work?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that a coworker was in a bad mood and what you did to help change it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that a customer was angry and what you did to help them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had a lot of work to do and how you prioritized it?   Answer Question
    • If I contacted your previous boss, what would they say your biggest weakness is?   1 Answer

Food Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Individual interview
    Apply online, first interview, second interview, third interview, hired. Sometimes all in same day, sometimes not, depends on who's available. They may call you back after first interview or they may just give you second interview then and there. Look up other people's interview questions and answers, I did that before I went and they were basically everything they asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflict with coworker, what was the problem/what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you disagreed with your employer/questioned your employer   Answer Question
    • Describe a stressful situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Food Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hixson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Hixson, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on March 15th and was offered a job. Easy, 10 minute interview. Told to let them know by Match 17th if I accepted. I let them know the 16th but the person in HR was not there (at 2pm on a Thursday, gee nice office hourrs), so I left a note with customer service. No offer to talk to anyone else in HR, note was all they could do. Went back the 17th and talked to the person who had offered me the job and she said she would call me later that day with a start date. Never did. I went back the 18th and she said she would call me the following week, she was too busy at the time. Also a lie. I went back and they said I never called them to let them know I accepted the offer and they gave the job to someone else. The person in HR would not even show her face to talk to me, she sent other people out. She claimed to have no recollection of me talking to her. Perhaps you should get a job where you don't have to keep up with your promises and you get to lie. Politics? They tried to tell me it was my fault for not talking directly to someone in HR, while they were not letting me talk to someone in HR! Also, I did. On March 17th and 18th, and left a note on the 16th. All three of those times I tried to talk to them about my job but they refused.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you worked with someone who disagreed with you   Answer Question

Food Service/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call to schedule 1st interview. Interview was good. Entailed 4 "STAR" questions. Second interview was scheduled for next day. Same process with 4-5 similar questions. Interviewers were both very friendly and welcoming. Very disappointed that I didn't get offered a position. You need to really prepare for the interview process. They aren't hard questions but your answers do matter very much. ELABORATE when they ask these types of questions: "Tell me a time when...". They want to know you can handle the job. So if you are usually a shy person try to really talk more, at least for the interview, don't give one worded answers. That won't aid you.

Cashier, Food Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There wasnt really any questions i only got an explanation of what types of things they do. It wasnt long at all. But I expected more questions. It was interesting and I was nervous but I was prepared and still didnt get the job.

Food Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I applied for this job in the store and got a interview within a few days. The interview was a single interview with the manager, very informal. There were many steps to this interview (my schedule for the summer changed so I didn't end up getting hired), if I would have gotten hired I had to watch a video and such to get trained right then and there.

Food Ave Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Nampa, ID) in August 2016.

Interview

I did an online interview and got a phone call a few days later from a manager -- she was incredibly friendly! I was set up for an interview the next day and, because she wasn't there to interview me, I was interviewed by the ETL. The interview was quick, but he stressed the importance of punctuality, friendliness, effort, and wanted me to know that the Target team strives to be like a family -- he expects support, respect, and trust between himself and his employees.