Target Guest Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

2.5

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sand City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Sand City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed first with a team member, then a second interview with more in depth questions based on my first interview answers, then a third interview with HR to go over the job offer and terms. They really only care about the Red Card and how many people you sign up; meeting the quota.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you stood up for yourself in the work place   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you went above and beyond what was asked of you   1 Answer

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and waited for a phone call, but I called a week or so later to check on my application status and was given an interview oppertunity. The interview was a two-in-one (two interviews in one day) and I was called a little later that day for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with dealing with a co-worker that doesn't get along with you?   1 Answer

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by Human Resources, LOD, and Executive Store Leader after a thorough phone interview. Each person asked 5-10 behavioral questions. Be prepared. This website helped me so to prepare and have answers ready. Be specific.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask your last employer, what would he tell me are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call first business day after submitting application. Scheduled an in person interview for the following week. I was greeted by HR and shown to a meeting room. Then I was interviewed by guest service team lead, Executive TL, and store manager. Following those interviews the first HR person came back with the conditional job offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online called on 2/24/17 to check status. Got interview on 2/27/17. Second interview 2/28/17 and offer on 03/01/17. Orientation was 3/9/17. This locations' process was straight forward and efficient. If you want to work they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to resolve a conflict at work?   1 Answer

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was simple and straight forward. They asked basic interview questions. Following the interview, they took me to go take the questionnaire on a computer in the back.

Cashier & Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Sioux City, IA).

Interview

Very awkward interview process, nobody knew that I was coming. The person who was supposed to interview me wasn't there. Instead I was interviewed by someone who really had no idea what was going on. I felt that halfway through the interview neither one of us wanted to be there and it was a lost cause. The questions for the interview felt as if I was being interrogated and didn't seam very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time that you had to display leadership?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Quick, relaxed and questionnaire based. Lead by possible immediate leader then second interview with their supervisor. Questions are personality based "what would you do" situations that are straight forward. Interviewer was relaxed and transparent about the process and had a great sense of humor.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with."   Answer Question

Guest Service/Pharmacy Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very nice, I almost knew that I had the job after the interview. A week later, I had a call and was schedule for a drug test. Upon the result, I was called by a nice lady and announce the good news to me.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was my second job after high school. I did not know how to negotiate it. Therefore, I accept what was offered me.

Cashier/Guest Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walker, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Walker, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I came in 20 minutes early, said I had arrived, and was asked to wait at Starbucks while the interviewer was notified. I was greeted very politely by a worker, the HR rep, and the Sales Floor Leader. I was brought upstairs and had two separate interviews, one with the Sales Floor Leader and the second with the HR Rep. Both of them made me feel extremely comfortable. At the end, I was offered a Cashier position part time for $10.00/hr, which I was very happy about since this will be my first ever job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your availability.   Answer Question
    • Around ten situational questions were asked where you had to draw from your own experience and you had to explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • What technology do you know how to use?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate all Sundays off.