Target Guest Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.5

181 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Milton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Milton, GA).

Interview

I applied online through the Target website and was later called in for an interview. I talked to the store manager who asked me about my work experience and activities.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There was a two-part interview the interviews were pretty simple and the managers were very nice. I felt pretty good about my interview when I had it and I thought that the store would be a great fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Omaha, NE) in October 2017.

Interview

Filled out an online application on a Tuesday evening. The store called me on a Saturday afternoon to do phone interview, and then asked me to come in for in person interview. There was no one in HR at the time I came in for in person interview, so the ETL gave me the interview. The manager was very nice and said that I was such a good fit for her team that she didn't need to have a second interview, and that HR would call and extend an offer the next day. I went in to sign the offer a couple days later over my lunch hour, and the HR person left me waiting for over 30 minutes. I called and confirmed my appointment that day, but was still forced to wait.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you were able to explain a process differently to someone to help them better understand.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I've always wanted to work for Target and was recruited by a current team member. I applied online, and got a call back a few days later to schedule an interview. I had my first interview with one of the managers and then directly after that I had my second interview with the HR manager. After the interview she basically said she wanted me on the team and presented me with a job offer. A few days later I was called to come into orientation the following day. Honestly just be super friendly and if you don't know the answer to one of the situational questions just say something like "in a situation like that it's important to be..." and so on. If you're thinking about applying make sure you have a very open schedule because, especially in the holiday season, they're going to want you to work a lot. Also it's okay if you answer the same thing for the questions in different interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
    • If I called one of your managers what would they say is an area of strength for you?   Answer Question
    • If I called one of your managers what would they say is an area of weakness for you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you and your team member had a disagreement.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you changed someone's mind with your attitude.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to multitask and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview was simple and straightforward comprised of 3 interviews. First interview consisted of a Executive team lead followed by the Human Resources Executive Team lead and third interview is conducted by the District Team lead. They offer tons of advice and assistance before the interview process so I would say it's fairly simple,

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Wilmington, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process was informal. Interviewed by two separate managers. Target members make you feel welcome and are very personable. The questions asked were easily answered with good common sense.

Interview Questions

• A situation where i did not agree with decisions made at a previous employer.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an in person interview with the Store Manager and Human Resources plus one other manager. The questions were mostly behavioral and about experience. It took about an hour since the store manager and human resources interviewed me together.

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was really hard had 3 interviews all in the same day had to meet with 3 different managers and discuss me getting the job. They hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would say is your weakness?   1 Answer

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Lexington, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

Did three initial interviews at the store level. One with the Store Manager, another with the Front Team Lead, and the last interview is done with the HR Manager. I was then scheduled to speak with the DTL (District Team Lead) over the phone. DTL seemed to be well versed and upbeat. I was asked a lot of questions about my previous experience and education, but nothing that really seemed to pertain to this job in specific.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have in a role where you supervise others?   Answer Question
    • What made you apply to Target, and why do you think you'd be a great asset to our team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you gave great customer service.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back in 3 weeks. Had an over the phone interview and scheduled my in store interview. Had and interview with a team leader then scheduled a second interview with an HR. At the interview with the HR he asked about the same questions as the team leader had. I was offered a job on the spot. Was hired after a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation in which you provided great customer service and what was the result?   1 Answer