Target Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.2

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online called on 2/24/17 to check status. Got interview on 2/27/17. Second interview 2/28/17 and offer on 03/01/17. Orientation was 3/9/17. This locations' process was straight forward and efficient. If you want to work they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to resolve a conflict at work?   1 Answer

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was simple and straight forward. They asked basic interview questions. Following the interview, they took me to go take the questionnaire on a computer in the back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Sioux City, IA).

Interview

Very awkward interview process, nobody knew that I was coming. The person who was supposed to interview me wasn't there. Instead I was interviewed by someone who really had no idea what was going on. I felt that halfway through the interview neither one of us wanted to be there and it was a lost cause. The questions for the interview felt as if I was being interrogated and didn't seam very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time that you had to display leadership?   Answer Question

Cashier; Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Ontario, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It is a three step process, when you get into the interview you will first interview with the team leader on the floor, depending upon how that goes you will then interview with their boss. If all goes swimmingly you communicate with HR and get an offer. All in one day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Made appt and waited for them to see me. I did the drug screen,signed paperwork. And discussed hours.They also gave me a toir of the store and met other team players as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Was called for an interview two days after I applied online. Asked few questions about customer service and past experience. Honestly you just have to sound very interested to want to work there. Was told right away that I was hired and asked to come back for an orientation.

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience do you have? Why are you interested in working there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Santa Maria, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Online application. They called about a week after to do a phone screeening then they have 2 interviews with a team lead and a store manager. The first interview was pretty easy. The second one was a little harder because you have to come up with different answers. They write down all your answers which is helpful because their not looking into your eyes all the time. It was more relaxing and gave me a little more time to think about my answers. After they called me back in and offered me a job as long as I pass the drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

One simple interview with basic questions - any retail experience, what hours are you available, why do you want to work at Target - the types of questions I would expect for a job generally populated by high school students and stay-at-home moms.

Cashier &Amp; Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Woodstock, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

They made me wait 1 1\2 to get interviewed, we're very rude in the interview and told that I wasn't fit for the position then they sent me to the second interview where I waited more.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you face when you work with others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and it took a couple of weeks to hear back. You cannot check the status of an application online.

The personality questions online made you select This or That, and the questions were very radical in terms of trying to pick This over That

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions in both of two parts of the interview. I was asked how I handled a customer asking a question that I did not know the answer for.   1 Answer