Target HR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target HR Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Called the store the next day to check the average response time for an application. They told me to come into the store in 2 days (on a Saturday) and interview. I interviewed with a Human Resources Manager. The interview took about 15-20 minutes. It wasn't too bad at all, but I'm coming to realize that these large corporations have set interview questions and don't really veer off from their scripted interview sheet. This makes the interview process seem rather dry and automated, almost impersonal. But hey, that's just my opinion on things. There's not really any room for conversation or discussion, at least during my interview there wasn't. My interview asked for my availability, desired hours per week, then informed me she was going to ask 4 basic questions, then 4 more detailed questions. It's best to just use the STAR formula to answer these situational questions, just because it gives the interview more insight into your thought process, behavior, problem-solving skills, etc. I think I ended up asking her more questions about the job and her background/experience, than she asked me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to cross-train and work as back up in other areas in the store, if needed, in addition to your HR Team Member job duties?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have for this position?   Answer Question
    • What would a former supervisor say your strengths are?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to go to someone above you to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you disagreed with a coworker and what was the result.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First interview is over the phone informal interview with the recruiter. Second interview is a behavior analysis style type of interview questions with the recruiter. Third interview is an onsite interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team to achieve a goal and what was your role and the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Grand Rapids, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

There were three phone interviews and two behavioral assessments. The interviews were behavioral questions based on the star method of interviewing. Each interview was via phone with a different person with Target.

Human Resource Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online through Target's website and got a call about 2 days later to interview and I interviewed the following week. Turned out to be a group interview and when I got there I was told there actually weren't any openings for human resources but there were for guest services or stocking. The interview was easy and short. We were asked about 3 questions each and went around answering. We were each applying for different positions but still got the same questions. Interviewer was really nice and it felt more like a conversation among the group than interview.
    After the interview she sent us back to the break room and then someone else from human resources called us in to their office to give the unofficial job offer, explain that it is a 90-day seasonal position and get our permission to do a background check.
    Got a call the following day with the official offering.
    This was still during their seasonal time and all of us had stated we were available "anytime" (some overnight, some not) so I think that is why they brought us all in to interview (not necessarily because of the position we applied for).

Interview Questions

• "If I called your old boss / supervisor, what is one thing they'd say you need to improve on?"   Answer Question

ETL Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was a very organized interview process. You will be asked to talk a little bit about yourself. The interviewers are usually Store Team Leaders. And then your final interview will be with a District Team leader. So you will have three different interviews. Make sure to prepare to answer a lot of Behavior Based questions like "tell me about a time you did...." have an exact situation, behavior, and outcome. The DTL normally doesn't have a guide for interview questions, so he or she can ask you spontaneous questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceed your manager's expectations? What was the situation? What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

All situational based questions with different area leaders. Most of the time there will be 2 Target people per interview. There is also an online assessment that you must take. Overall process took 1 month, 4 rounds of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Evansville, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with a company recruiter named Emily Boggs. She asked me to interview with the store manager and the regional manager. All 3 interviews are STAR format, but the two managers that interviewed me both asked about what I do in my spare time and then asked follow up questions regarding this I should have been more prepared to answer this question because in retrospect I feel I didn't get the job because I have children and mentioned this. The store manager even proceeded to ask me how many kids and what sports they are involved with. It seems very strange that they both jnquired about this instead of just primarily sticking to the STAR questions which I feel I answered exceptionally well.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time? And most other questions are all STAR format questions.   1 Answer

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call to schedule interview within 3 days of submitting application. Interviewer was late and rushed through the list of questions. Seemed like they already had a candidate in mind because they did not tell me what the job description was or the pay and made no effort to ask about my background. Was told they would like me for a second interview but that person was busy so they would "be in touch." It felt totally unprofessional and I felt like my time was wasted. I wasn't even upset that I didn't receive a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, STL interview (face to face), then District manager interview (face to face), job shadow, offer. Each interview is approx 30-45 min long at a target location. They ask general leadership questions and heavily utilize the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to give something up because of your job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Des Moines, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

Three interviews. Situational questions from previous jobs. Person was very nice and friendly. Interview was short only lasted about 15 minutes. Have some scenarios in your head ready to go before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go to a person above you to resolve a problem.   Answer Question