Target HR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

180 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pensacola, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Very Friendly. The managers were really good about explaining what they were looking for. To get the job there will be 3 interviews. Two of the interviews sometimes done on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you exceeded a customers expectation? Explain the situation, what you did and the outcome.   Answer Question

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I applied to the HR Team Member position in the Nashua, NH office online (found on indeed). I received an email a few days from later from a woman in a different location on the other side of the country showing me the open positions. "Cashier" Store Clerk" Front End Manager" I explained to her that I applied for the HR Team Member position in Nashua. She apologized and sent my resume to them and told me to "give them a ring later". I called the next day and was told by a man that the HR team was out of the office for the remainder of the day and to try on Monday. Great. Thank you. On Sunday, I receive an extremely rude voicemail from a woman in HR saying that she has called me multiple times and hasn't been able to get a hold of me so they were withdrawing my application. I called back 10 mins later and explained that I only had that one missed call/voicemail and found myself apologizing for not answering my phone one time on a SUNDAY? She told me the position had been filled (since Friday? or that afternoon?) and asked if I was interested in a cashier position. It was an extremely unprofessional call. She was extremely dismissive and rude. I feel that I was baited to get me in for a cashier job when I have over 4 years experience in the HR field. Extremely disappointed with this process and will never work for Target.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in a Cashier position?   1 Answer

HR Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (McDonough, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Came in 10 minutes early and waited for hiring manager. She said that position has already been filled would you like to be considered for another position? Drove 23 miles to get to interview. I said no. FYI they called the day before to confirm interview. Could've told me then. Very unprofessional Target.

Human Resources Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Lombard, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called in for a in person interview. I arrived to the interview at the Target in Lombard and the 'Soft Lines' manger was the one interviewing me. This caused some confusion, due to me believing a member from HR should have interviewed me since it was a HR Team Lead role. The interview began on the wrong foot when the interviewer asked me: So...is this your first job? Are you in high school? When I proceeded to explain that I was a college graduate with prior experience, she mentioned "Oh yeah, you don't look 18...I have the wrong file." From that moment, the interview went extremely downhill.

HR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Nashua, NH) in September 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the HR Associate of the Nashua NH store letting me know that they had been trying to reach me for several days and wanted to know if I was no longer interested in the role . I had not received one call or email from them other than that one call. I was then informed that my skills were more suited to being Team Leader and that would require open availability for evening, overnight and weekend shifts because it was a retail management role. WHAT!? I am an HR professional with SCP certification with 10 years of HR experience in retail. I told them no thanks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to consider a retail hourly based role based on my experience which was laughable.   Answer Question

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Silver Spring, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online on August 9th. I called the store every weekday that followed until I was able to reach someone in the Human Resources department on August 14th. They scheduled me for an interview that same week on the 16th. I went in and waited for about 15-20 mins before my interview actually began. It was a two-step interview with another 20 minute wait in between each one. One was with the Executive Team Leader (ETL) and another with the General Manager (GM). Both women were very personable and friendly. The questions were very much situational/behavioral questions. You can use examples from previous jobs, school, or even home. I was offered the position on the spot. I filled out some basic information on the computer and signed off on a background check. I begin orientation on August 22nd.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Kailua, HI) in August 2017.

Interview

Simple. Applied online and a couple days later received a call to set up an interview date. Interview was one on one with questions asking about previous work experience, background info, and a few scenario questions about handling workplace situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at your previous workplace - when you and another co-worker did not get along and you had to work together on a project. How did you handle the situation? What was the relationship with that co-worker after working together?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Lengthy interview process with several different levels of regional management. The interview questions were mainly behavioral based, so it is good to be prepared with stories and examples of your work experience.

Senior Human Resources Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interviews with the Executive Team Leader (Department Manager equivalent) and then Store Manager soon thereafter. Store Manager was not very friendly or helpful, did not seem to want to talk about the position. The process was supposed to be completed and decisions made that week. Well the decision was not made that soon and I had to call in order to get the results. The entire process was very unimpressive for a large retail store. Do not recommend to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions-How do you resolve concerns with difficult customers?
      How do you best work?   Answer Question

HR Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Very brief interview for a part time HR team member support role. The interview was short and easy. It was pretty informal with three "describe a time you did [insert situation]" questions. Fairly straightforward and a nice comfortable atmosphere.