Target Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

3.1

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (DeKalb, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interviews with two different people. The interviews consisted of behavioral questions. The questions were easy to answer, but you are not able to prepare your answers in advance. Most of the questions asked for a time when something happened and how that I dealt with the situation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a decision that was not popular with your team and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

I applied online and corporate called me two weeks later. First I had an interview on the phone and then another in person. They have a series of three interviews called the "round robin." They are a great company but their interview questions were worded really strange and tripped me up.

Interview Questions

• They asked really tough questions and they were worded really weird   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Met up for an initial interview that asked many of the basic questions.
    Then I had a short phone interview which asked many of the same questions but a few different ones.

Interview Questions

• How have you manipulated something or someone to get what you want?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

3 sets of interviews which seems to go in reverse order as it ends with a skype interview. Beginning interviews are very easy and you can find all their questions on glass door. The skype interview: make sure you have a strong internet connection to prevent technological interferences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbia, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

I initially met with a college campus recruiter, who then asked if I'd be interested in interviewing for their Summer internship program. Interview was casual, lasted approx. 30 minutes and included basic behavioral/situational questions. Interview process took about 2+weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where time management was key in completing a project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I found the position through on campus recruiting. It was a very conversational interview and they asked mostly behavioral questions. Talked about my resume for the majority of the interview. Didn't receive any technical questions. The people I was in contact with were very nice and followed up fairly quickly. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group and it didn't go as you planned.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Skill based questions. STAR model approach, emphasizing leadership skills and teamwork. Case question was challenging as there was not enough time. A few interviews were conducted in one hour and coordinated by different recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Case Question - how did you meet a deadline when one of your team members was pulling her/his share of work.   Answer Question

had another position that was more attractive.

Internship Interview

Interview

Second round interview at distribution center. Took a tour of the facility, presentation to learn more about target and then two or three 30 minute interviews. Great company, great learning experience.

Team Leadership Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Interviewed in person with an on-campus recruiter, next step was a phone interview with their management team and final interview was an in-person interview on location.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe a situation in which I've had conflict with a superior and how I resolved it   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

This interview was for a summer internship with the HR department. This was a panel interview with 3 interviewers, and all three interviewers were pretty nice. The interview was pretty informal and could tell they were genuinely trying to get to know my personality, which is nice coming from a large corporation like Target. The questions they asked were nothing out of ordinary, like greatest challenge you have overcome, your greatest strength and greatest weakness, and tell about a time you dealt with adversity.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you faced a challenging situation and what you did overcome the challenge.   1 Answer

I took an internship with another company that seemed a better bit.