Target Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Internship Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

3.2

Internship Interview

Interview

I applied online and corporate called me two weeks later. First I had an interview on the phone and then another in person. They have a series of three interviews called the "round robin." They are a great company but their interview questions were worded really strange and tripped me up.

Interview Questions

• They asked really tough questions and they were worded really weird   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I found the position through on campus recruiting. It was a very conversational interview and they asked mostly behavioral questions. Talked about my resume for the majority of the interview. Didn't receive any technical questions. The people I was in contact with were very nice and followed up fairly quickly. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group and it didn't go as you planned.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Skill based questions. STAR model approach, emphasizing leadership skills and teamwork. Case question was challenging as there was not enough time. A few interviews were conducted in one hour and coordinated by different recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Case Question - how did you meet a deadline when one of your team members was pulling her/his share of work.   Answer Question

had another position that was more attractive.

Internship Interview

Interview

Second round interview at distribution center. Took a tour of the facility, presentation to learn more about target and then two or three 30 minute interviews. Great company, great learning experience.

Team Leadership Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Interviewed in person with an on-campus recruiter, next step was a phone interview with their management team and final interview was an in-person interview on location.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe a situation in which I've had conflict with a superior and how I resolved it   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

This interview was for a summer internship with the HR department. This was a panel interview with 3 interviewers, and all three interviewers were pretty nice. The interview was pretty informal and could tell they were genuinely trying to get to know my personality, which is nice coming from a large corporation like Target. The questions they asked were nothing out of ordinary, like greatest challenge you have overcome, your greatest strength and greatest weakness, and tell about a time you dealt with adversity.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you faced a challenging situation and what you did overcome the challenge.   1 Answer

I took an internship with another company that seemed a better bit.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Contacted Target at a University Career fair in February 2014. I was then contacted by a recruiter a few days later to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview was with a Human Resource Director and took about 30-45 minutes. All the questions were behavioral questions looking for STAR answers (Situation or Task, Action that you took, and Results). I was required to take an online critical thinking and reasoning test, this took about 1 1/2 hours to complete. I was then offered an on-site interview at their distribution center, where I interviewed with various Managers and the General Manager. Same behavioral type questions were asked. I was offered an internship position 2 days later. The entire process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake, and the actions you took to fix it.   Answer Question

Executive Management Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied after a mass email went out on my campus. I had an on the phone internship and an in-person interview with the District Leader. Inbetween the two there was an hour of online testing. During the in person interviews there where multiple questions, as stated by others lots of "discuss a time when...".

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had a goal and you had to give up something to achieve it.   1 Answer

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiters ask rapid fire questions at events. Went through 2 interviews both laid back atmosphere, action based questions. Took much longer than originally communicated to have a decision. Asked repetitive questions.

Interview Questions

• Many about working in groups at school.   1 Answer

Executive Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a college career fair and was contacted about a week later by e-mail. The e-mail prompted me to fill out a candidate profile and a few days later I was called by a target recruiter who conducted a short phone interview about my background. I then proceeded to get another phone interview a few days with behavioral questions.