Target Overnight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

196 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Overnight Logistics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Well, I checked in 10 mins early but waited 20 mins because the other interview went over. Another interviewee arrived and checked in for their spot, 10 mins after my spot. HR rep arrived and called the other persons name. They proceeded to head back and the other interviewee was polite enough to tell HR rep that I had checked in for my spot that was 10 mins before theirs. No apology they just informed me I should have spoke up. Um, no because you were paged and my name was given to you plus you have the list of people scheduled.

The interview was mediocre with a younger female who's personality is comparable to a wet, dingy mop. Didn't smile, shake my hand when I reached out, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time where you had to anticipate the needs of others?   1 Answer
    • Don't you think you are overqualified for this job? (I think this was off the record)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Someone from the store called me the day before and scheduled me for an interview the next day at 8am (right when the store opened). I get there the next day right at 8am and they said "There's no one here from the Flow Team right now but we'll try to find someone to talk to you" so they put me in this room that looked kind of like a closet and said for me to wait. I waited 20 minutes, after 20 minutes passed I hear someone say "yeah you need to get in there and talk to that girl. She's been waiting a while" so finally someone came in and she manages to whisper to me that she has laryngitis and can barely talk and she also said "I guess they hate me because they're making me do this interview" She began by throwing a piece of paper in front of me with the job description and said "I can't read all this to you because I'm sick. Just read it" She then managed to whisper to me about 6 situational questions and then said someone would contact me later. From start to finish it was the most unprofessional interview I've ever been on.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you influenced someone's opinion and how you influenced them?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Two part Interview, phase 1 with team lead and phase 2 with the overnight manager. Interview process is fairly easy, as they just mention task they are going to delegate and see how your availability is and see your competency with the task they will be providing for you.

Interview Questions

• What are your available days?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

You will have two interviews. The first one will be with the Flow Team Leader. The other will be with an ETL (Executive Team Leader). You will be asked how well you work with other people, how comfortable you are working in a fast paced environment etc. You will then be offered a job pending background check. There is NO drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work with a co worker with whom you had difficulties with. How did you overcome those difficulties?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to help a guest (customer) while you were in the process of completing a task. How did you handle it? Did you complete the task?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The was easy for me . I came with a positive attitude. Just come in with a smile and have well thought answer . You shouldnt have no problem.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very easy, they just asked me if I could carry heavy stuff and be on time. Got the offer on the spot, started a couple days later. I'm very pleased to work for target, they're a great corporation

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and was called back the following Monday for an interview. There I was interviewed by 2 workers then finally the HR supervisor came out and offered me a position. The whole interview process took about 20 minutes including the wait for the interviewer to come out and bring me back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a town where you disagreed with a coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had complications when working with a group.   Answer Question
    • If I asked your previous supervisor what are your strengths what would he or she say.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to take lead in a situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Derby, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Derby, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Situation type questions. Two rounds of interview, first with team leader then a senior executive team leader. They will offer you the job right at the end. Background check took 3 days. Orientation the following week

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview was Very simple.there was Two separate interviews. But the two interviews were very similar in the questions asked.
    Most people get hired on the spot.
    They make sure you write any days you are gonna miss before you start working. The interviewees were extremely nice and make the interview feel more like a conversation then an interview.
    There were a lot of people all interviewing at the same time and all those people got hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift heavy items
      Can you work overnight
      Weaknesses
      Strengths
      Previous experience in sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

A few different team members interviewed me on the same day, right after the other. Received an offer on the spot. I was sent for a drug test immediately after the interview and was at work by the following week. Typical interview questions with some silliness thrown in.