Target Sale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,613 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,613 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was a two, step process but might be more for others, depending on job. You spoke with an initial interviewer(s) and if they were impressed and wanted to bring on board. You were passed on to someone else for a follow-up interview. If offered the job, they explain the pay, hours and benefits.

Interview Questions

• They asked "How you would handle the situation, if you knew fellow employee was stealing from the company?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX).

Interview

After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I had two interviews within a few minutes of each other. The first set of questions were positive (Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations). The second was focused more on my negative side (Tell me about a time when you were unable to meet a deadline. How did you deal with that?) .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to encourage someone (at work).   1 Answer

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick , had a phone interview with an HR person. They then scheduled an in person interview with a supervisor then that same day had my interview with the softlines ETL. They offered me the job right then and there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Clinton Township, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. On the phone they ask a few general questions, like why you want to work there. At the interview I spoke with two people. The first was the Visual Merchandising Leader and the next was the executive team leader. They both ask the same things. Basically just a bunch of situation questions, i.e tell me about a time when this happened, what did you do, what was the outcome. At the end they told me there were three people applying for the job but only one position available. The main manager told me I did a good job on the interview, but the next week I got an email telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online from Target.com and got a call 3 days later for phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 10-15 min. After that, they asked me to come in for another interview. I interviewed with the lead HR person and the store manager at the time. I has hired on the spot. I started 3 days later!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

When applying for a team member position at Target you have to do two interviews. First, you have one with a team leader from any department that works at the store give you the first interview which mostly consists of behavioral and character questions. After you pass the first interview, you must have a second interview with any of the executive Team leaders at the store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you solve it.   2 Answers

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Manhattan, KS).

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Talked to the HR (GSA), then a high up manager, then hardlines manager. Just asked basic questions such as why you chose Target ect.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The people were nice, the employees talk to you from time to time since the waiting area is in their break room. A quick interview and they tell you if you're up for another one or not. After the 2nd interview, I was given an offer and they asked for availability and to complete a background check online.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you solve it? How did it affect your team later on?   Answer Question
    • If we contacted your previous employers, what would they say your strengths are?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with, and how you were able to accomplish goals as a team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you have competing goals, and how did you prioritize them to complete the task?   Answer Question