Target Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1,632 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Holyoke, MA).

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later i had an in store interview. Basic interview questions. I believe i didnt get the job because i wanted it just for the summer months and they wanted someone more long term.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Aliso Viejo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online one day ago, and the manager called for an interview today. They asked me some behavioral questions and the interview last about an hour. The manager told me after that I would get an email or a phone call to determine if I am going for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major change or adjustment to your job and your reaction to change.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview process was easy and quick. Typical STAR questions. They will call and ask you a little about yourself and why you want the job and then set up an interview date.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Emeryville, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied a week ago and a HR Manager called me the next day and offered me a interview date for June 7. I was very excited and I hope I get this job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer
    • What's your availability like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Woodinville, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and stress free. I applied on line in the morning. Called to verify that they received my application. I spoke with the store manager. And she offered a time the same day to come in for interview. I went in and interview with lead and then had my second interview right after with another lead. It was very easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was a two, step process but might be more for others, depending on job. You spoke with an initial interviewer(s) and if they were impressed and wanted to bring on board. You were passed on to someone else for a follow-up interview. If offered the job, they explain the pay, hours and benefits.

Interview Questions

• They asked "How you would handle the situation, if you knew fellow employee was stealing from the company?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX).

Interview

After the first interview, I was contacted that same day to schedule an in person interview with 3 different managers (district manager, store manager, and human resource business partner). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. They may ask you the same questions. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I told God when he blessed me with this position that I would try to help people get to where I'm going. So my advice would be to prepare as much as possible with the interview questions that is provided on this website, research on Target, ask yourself what are your strengths/weaknesses, who are you as an individual (they really want to get to know who you are), relax, pray, and be yourself. A lot of people may say they are going to work you, well all jobs will work you but target will compensate you very well. Good luck and I hope this post helps you. It is an intense interview process but its quick. Process took a little over a week........ The interviewers are really really nice. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I had two interviews within a few minutes of each other. The first set of questions were positive (Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations). The second was focused more on my negative side (Tell me about a time when you were unable to meet a deadline. How did you deal with that?) .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to encourage someone (at work).   1 Answer

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick , had a phone interview with an HR person. They then scheduled an in person interview with a supervisor then that same day had my interview with the softlines ETL. They offered me the job right then and there.