Target Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.2

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Naples, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied Online and got a phone call to attend an interview within 12 hours. Attended interview. Was advised to take a seat in waiting area. Someone shouted me into a room for my first interview and then second interview after that. Conditional offer made based on checks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Rochester, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called asked was I still interested in a job at Target. Then I was set up for a phone interview had that went well and was asked if I could come in for a interview . I went was asked questions and then was told the person for human resources wasn't there. They would contact me by Tuesday of the following week if I hadn't heard from them by Wednesday was instructed to give them a call back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal position and got a call the next day. Interview was about an hour or so, and I spoke to three different people separately. First I spoke with a woman, then a man, and then was offered the seasonal position after filling out the paperwork. I'm not sure if this goes for every Target, but the first woman I spoke with told me she wanted to hear very specific answers to her questions, not general ones. For instance, if they ask "Give us a time your attitude affected your coworkers," they don't want to hear that you were upbeat and positive, they want to know an exact time at one of your previous jobs that your positive attitude helped your coworkers. The first woman was very specific about this, but the second guy I talked to was more relaxed and we talked about hiking for a while before he got to the questions. All in all, it was a nice experience, I was offered the job right away with no waiting around, and the starting wage is $10 an hour which is great.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to consult a manager regarding a customer? How did the situation turn out? Was everyone happy in the end?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • When you're not working, what do you enjoy doing?   Answer Question
    • If a customer tried to buy something that they thought was on sale, but it rang up regular price, how would you fix this situation?   Answer Question
    • If you and a coworker were having issues, how would you resolve this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was taken into a small room with a table and two chairs, and a manager asked me questions. Then I was taken back to the waiting area and asked to wait for a second interview. I went into the HR manager's office and answered more questions, then was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to deal with a customer that was unhappy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Smithfield, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out online application and was called within 20 minutes of submitting it. DId a pre-interview screening on the phone and was asked to interview the same day. Interview was about an hour, but less than two hours. Interview was in stages; first I interviewed with a C.S.S. and then with the head of the front end. Interview as easy and informal. I was hired for the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you need to improve about your work?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and soon got an email about their hiring event. I went there and told about my application. I met some team members after, everyone was really nice and they had free snacks. Interview went really well ( that's what I thought), they asked about my availability, strengths and some situational questions. I didn't have a second interview ... Manager told me she will contact me about decision same evening. They emailed me three days later saying they cannot offer a position. But overall experience was good, no pressure.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were interrupted during the work.   Answer Question
    • What are your strength?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you used your attitude to turn around a situation.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to look to someone in a higher position than you to help you solve an issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Bowie, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

AMAZING EXPERIENCE!! Interviewed with Target and the process took about an hour. I came in to set up my interview after filling out the application online. I came in as an applicant at 9:45am and was a starting Target Team Member by 11am. Was escorted to the back room to begin the interview process with a Team Leader, asked to wait in the break room after the first interview and met with another Team Leader for the second part of the interview; reviewed my availability and was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Target? Name a time when you had to teach someone something new. Name a time when you disagreed with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Elk Grove, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

They scheduled me for 12:30pm. They told a group of straight up that they were running behind. When I finally got in, the young guy read from a script, yawned, and didn't make eye contact. They told me they were going to have me wait in the employee breakroom while they talked to HR. Before I even got there, someone I didn't meet yet told me they were going with someone else. I worked for a Target before and it was not like that at this other store. This one was very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you required a supervisor to come assist you to solve a problem with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Tustin, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with a person with the cashier team, another one with another manager. Easy interview, but got talked into changing from cashier to back room team member. I am pretty sure everyone has two interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is something I could bring to Target as an employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't work at Target at the District. Pick another one.

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Coralville, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was really quick. Got a call after submitting an application online a week later. Went in for an interview, was with 2 people. The second person hired me on the spot and set up a day for orientation. They went in saying you had a good chance of being hired past seasonal, then were only told a week before that they were letting you go.