Target Senior Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Senior Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Human Resources Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interviews with the Executive Team Leader (Department Manager equivalent) and then Store Manager soon thereafter. Store Manager was not very friendly or helpful, did not seem to want to talk about the position. The process was supposed to be completed and decisions made that week. Well the decision was not made that soon and I had to call in order to get the results. The entire process was very unimpressive for a large retail store. Do not recommend to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions-How do you resolve concerns with difficult customers?
      How do you best work?   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Southington, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for position on 5/5/17, received call back 5/8/17 for a first interview. First interview was 5/15/17, and quickly recieved a call back for a second interview on 5/18/17. Second interview was on 5/22/17, and then afterwards I heard nothing. I followed up after the second interview on 5/30/17 and was told the Store Team Leader (STL) would be in contact with me shortly. Still heard nothing, finally on 6/24/17 I revived a automatically generated email from Target Jobs letting me know I wasn't chosen for the position.

The actually interview process was fairly simple, the first interview was with the STL and Executive Team Leader - HR. They asked questions about my background, interest in working for Target, and then asked situational based work questions.

Second interview was with two other ETLs and the same format.

In general the interview process was causal and ETLs made it very comfortable, would could also be misleading as to judging how you did.

Overall, the lack of communication and a wait of his wait of 8 weeks just to not be wasn't chosen was slightly frustrating and would make me second guess applying again to Target.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question they asked is if I was unhappy at my current job. I didn't want to throw my current employer under the bus, but also wanted to stress how i would want to make a transition.   Answer Question

Senior Team Leader Hardlines Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Spartanburg, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

I went in for a interview back in February and then had another interview right after. Then never heard anything. Then in June they called me and said they had lost my application and wanted me to come in and interview again for the same job. I did 3 interviews and they stated they would call me and I have never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Quick, relaxed and questionnaire based. Lead by possible immediate leader then second interview with their supervisor. Questions are personality based "what would you do" situations that are straight forward. Interviewer was relaxed and transparent about the process and had a great sense of humor.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with."   Answer Question

Senior Team LEader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the seasonal position opening and got a call back to schedule an interview for the following day. For the team member position, you dial in for Target's WOTC and then you watch a short video on Target.
    The first interview is with a Team Leader. The questions that I remember were: Tell me about yourself b) why do you want to work for target c)Tell me about a time you went above and beyond expectations of employer.

The second interview was with the ETL.
    b) why do you want to work for target
    c)*****Tell me about a time you finished a project and then realized afterwards you made a mistake (I was asked this question 3x -by the ETL, STL, and 2nd STL from another store)
    d)Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond to exceed customer service.
    e) A customer wants to buy a shoe but the item is out of stock. What do you do? How would you feel. ANSWER: Provide another alternative shoe to provide the customer so they won't leave unhappy.
     f) Pretend you are a cashier, you scan an item that rings $19.99 but the guest is certain the item is $17.99. What do you do? (***Question was asked 2x -by the ETL & 2nd STL). ANSWER: Trust the guest and make the price change as long as the price change is reasonable. Never argue with the guest. If you don't provide the price change then the guest will take the $17.99 to a competitor.

The ETL recommended me to the STL and I met with the STL for an interview. I didn't really know what position I was applying for until I received an offer. I think that uncertainty pretty much kept me on my heels. I wasn't really prepared for the seasonal interview but after that I geared up. The STL basically asked me the same questions but in a different way.
    b) why do you want to work for target
    c) Time you demonstrated leadership by seeking additional customer information
    d) Time you made a mistake

The 2nd STL interview questions:
    b) why do you want to work for target
    c) Time where you didn't agree with a company policy
    d) Time you provided exceptional customer service
    e) Pretend you are a cashier, you scan an item that rings $19.99 but the guest is certain the item is $17.99. What do you do? (***Question was asked 2x -by the ETL & 2nd STL). ANSWER: Trust the guest and make the price change as long as the price change is reasonable. Never argue with the guest. If you don't provide the price change then the guest will take the $17.99 to a competitor.

The DTL was the most intense one but can't really remember any questions.
    b) why do you want to work for target
    c) time where you had to confront someone who wasn't doing their job? What actions did you take?
    d) time you demonstrated leadership

**The most important thing to remember is to be honest and to use past experiences (STAR method). It really helps to be yourself (I'm a naturally upbeat, motivated individual). Remember: FAST, FUN & FRIENDLY. Note: I've never worked in retail before and don't have too much experience. I'm a college student and I just used my experiences in organizations and course projects to answer the interview questions.

Also, I did ask the 1st & 2nd STL, DTL questions:
    What do you like most about working for Target?
    What's the company culture like?
    Describe a typical day for a Team Leader.
    How did you jump-start your career at Target?
    What school did you graduate from?
    What type of people are successful here?

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The offer was a generous $16.75 with no experience and I accepted.

Senior Team LEader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There are 6-10 behavioral questions all structured like "Tell me about a time when...." so you better prepare about 10 examples of times that you lead a team, made a mistake, held someone accountable, had difficult conversations, handled conflict, made then executed a plan, etc.

Interview Questions

• They were all behavioral based questions, none particularly harder than others.   Answer Question

Senior Team Leader, Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Rosemont, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

For internal promotion, you will be interviewed by at least one ETL, your STL, and possibly your DTL. In the Chicago market they recently removed the need to interview with your DTL for TL promotions, but might still happen for SrTL.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you rectified the situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when somebody on your team wasn't pulling their weight, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you improved a process.   Answer Question

Senior Team LEader Interview

Interview

Be prepared to answer Situation, Behavior and Outcome questions in your interview. They'll be looked for the scope of your projects/work experiences and the actions that you took to ensure a favorable outcome. Don't be afraid to talk about what you learned in the process of your project work or work experiences. They'll appreciate your honesty. Be ready to talk about your strengths and opportunities (weaknesses) in a positive manner that shows how you're improving and getting better.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about you." "Why do you want this job."   1 Answer

Senior Team Leader/Food Starbucks Interview

Interview

First interview is a phone interview If they like you then you will get a second interview in store. IF they want to hire you, you will get a job offer then with someone else. You will do a drug test and they will run a background check. You will then be scheduled for orientation

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to address someone else needs quickly   1 Answer

Senior Team LEader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Initial interview by HR TM as screening followed by interview with a team lead then executive or store manager.
    Questions are Situational, Behavior, Outcome.

Currently, they are looking for candidates that focus on customer values and driving for results. The theme of "make it right" or in Target lingo, the Vibe, is a key point in screening.

Interview Questions

• You are cashiering and a guest informs you that an item has rung up $3 higher than expected, what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate