Target Starbucks Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Starbucks Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2017

2.4

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

there was an initial phone screening, which was followed by an in person interview with the team leader and an hr generalist. then i had to pass a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Reno, NV).

Interview

Three total interviews, one by the starbucks team leader, one by another senior associate, and one by an HR associate. The process was somewhat relaxed and easygoing. Got props for bringing in a copy of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience when you persevered through a difficult or stressful situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Mechanicsburg, PA).

Interview

Standard two stage interview, was identified as a better canidate for an alternate position by the HR executive after completing the first part of the interview with a team leader

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Henderson, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Positive , short, was asked situational questions. I had 2 interviews same day. I was called after 4 weeks for seasonal for a few different positions. Managers were friendly, 1st one said to me thank you for dressing up, people don't really do that anymore.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you got interrupted while completing a task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Jefferson City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few days later to come in and interview. I didn't consider the interview positive and didn't appreciate getting an email telling me I didn't get the job.

I worked at target as a cashier back in 2012 (different location) and thought that may up my chances of getting hired, but during the whole interview the two people who talked to me couldn't have seemed less interested. I was interviewed by the Starbucks supervisor and then a manager. The woman who interviewed me first didn't make any eye contact or pretend she was at all interested in my answers. The second interviewer, who was make, could not keep his eyes off of my chest for the duration of the interview.

After we finished the interview he told me they had a lot of people to interview that week and would be in touch. Three days later I received an email that unfortunately, I didn't meet the requirements for the job. I would have appreciated a phone call, considering I took the time to come in and interview.

I'm sure many people have positive experiences interviewing and working for Target. I did the first time I worked there. But this was not a professional experience. From the minute I arrived they seem unprepared, and didn't even begin the interview process until 20 minutes after the scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were situational and behavioral and extremely repetitive   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Waterbury, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal position as it was posted online. Came in dressed very nicely in a suit and was brought to a tiny small back room and was interviewed by a girl who asked me 4-5 questions about teamwork and various unrelated questions. A couple of days later recieved a vauge email from Target saying i was rejected. Unbeknownst to them earlier that same day i had already recieved acceptance into a full time position with better pay. I'll be sure to stop by Target for some Starbucks soon.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a problem within a team/group setting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Tacoma, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was relaxed and easy. I was asked about my availability first, then we went into the questions, which were mostly behavioral based. I had a second interview right after my first, which was essentially the same as the first but with different questions. I heard from them a week later. I wasn't hired as Starbucks team member, however they said they liked me and my personality and wanted me to apply as a Target team member.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to ask someone more experienced than you for help & tell me the outcome   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Brief and quick! Scheduled an interview on the phone, and then proceeded to have an interview with both my team leader and the store manager. Questions are very much "tell me about a time when..." and easy to answer if you prepare even just a little bit! Process took less than a week.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Everett, MA).

Interview

Quick and easy, They asked very straight forward questions and I gave very generic answers. It was all in all the easiest interview I had. Literally just have customer service skills and you should be all set.

Interview Questions

• How do you function in a team setting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The salary is pretty set and the hours are kind of random. I would hope it would become more structured in the near future.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in May 2016.

Interview

Met with the Starbucks Team lead and was asked a lot situational questions then I had a second interview with the manager over logistics and was asked pretty much the same questions and wanted to make sure I could work evenings and I got hired on the spot and got started out pay wise a lot more than I thought.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate the starting pay for me was very good.