Target Target Protection Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Target Protection Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.8

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Had two interviews, one with the HR ETL and the other with the AP ETL. The first interviewer just asked me about my previous work experience and what my duties were and some educational background. The ETL AP asked the same things, but also asked behavioral questions such as reaction scenarios to hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a bad situation and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Target Protection Specialist (TPS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

WOW! Is about all I can say. 20 years of working and I have never been cut off so many times during a phone interview. Every time I was still I'm I'd answer she'd just ask another question or one time put me on hold for like 3-4 minutes.

I kept waiting for someone to come on and tell me I was getting punked.

Even if they make an offer, I definitely won't take it.

Interview Questions

Interview

Sit down with a Team leader and Executive at your location and go through a series of "how would you deal with these scenarios" type questions. Then the manager would just ask you specific questions about prior work history, if you liked it or not and what you did.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with an unruly customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Greenbelt, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call about two weeks later. The lady asked me about two questions - why target and why this job - then scheduled me for an interview for the next day. The interview lasted about fifteen minutes with the department head of Asset Protection. It was an fairly easy interview with the normal interview questions and a few situational experience questions.

Senior Target Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

They ask your three questions and then they tell you HR will let your know if you got the job or not. Target is very selective when it comes to their employers.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications make you suitable for the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a two part process and both interview were on the safe day . I first interviewed with one of the undercover personnel and then I interviewed with the asset protection manager that oversees the entire store. Each interview was about 30 minutes long and it was composed of the traditional interview questions but also situational questions. After both interviews, the HR person took me to their office and gave a conditional job offer for the TPS position. The big downside of the entire process is the pay and benefits. I have a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and two year of experience in this job field and all they were willing to give me was $12/hr. Also, in order for you to get benefits you have work at least 13 months and the coverage is awful. I asked the HR person how much is the usual copay for the doctors and they told me that it is $30-40 per visit.

If you are starting out and have no experience and want a small part-time job than this is the job for you. This job is not meant for someone with experience and who actually needs a living wage in the Bay Area.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Why do you want to work loss prevention?
      Q2: What would you do if you had a difficult customer?
      Q3: How do feel about doing a job that is very hands on?
      Q4: What would you do if you have had to train someone in an area that you are still learning?
      Q5: Tell me about yourself?
      Q6: Tell me about a time where you had to do a task that required to do multiple things at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate when I got the offer, but I plan to call and ask about my offer and my wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called me in about 4 days and scheduled a phone interview.

The phone interview went well and they said I'd receive another call soon.
    An entire month went by before they called me back.

I went in for an in person interview, it went well. We discussed the position, talked about my prior asset protection experience with another company, etc.

Then comes the bad part, they tell me the position actually isn't even open yet, but they were expecting it to open soon (within a week) - but wanted to make me a cashier or something meanwhile. I said no thanks, and he told me it wouldn't be an entire month before I heard from them again, like before. They never called. Very irritating experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

You interview with the Asset Protection Team Lead and if you do well- you immediately interview with the Executive Team Lead for your position. They inform you some details of the jobs and let you know the jobs if shifts you'd be working and what you may have to do as your duty.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you needed to handle a stressful situation where tensions were high and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the APS, ETL-AP, and offered position by HR. Basic questions about experience, "you've worked in loss prevention?" "How many apprehensions have you had?" "Ever made a bad stop?""what we're the requirements for apprehensions at your last position?" and information on job expectations. Be fast, fun, and friendly. Be honest, direct, and candid.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any problems working on an all male team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Portland, OR).

Interview

First they do a phone screen and ask you to go over your resume with them and then answer some "tell me a time when" questions. If they like you they try to get you in for a real interview fast. The real interview is 1 on 1 and they start off with "tell me about yourself" and "tell me about your previous job experience" again and then endless "tell me a time when" questions once more. They have a sheet they have to read off of and write your answers on, had two interviews in the same day going over 8 or so of those types of questions. Oh and none of the questions are asset protection related, they're all the general sales associate questions everyone has to answer, pretty lame really.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me a time when you had more than one thing going on, how did you handle it?
      -Tell me a time when you gave great customer experience, what happened and why was it great?
      -If we called your past work what would they say your strengths and weaknesses are?
      -Tell me a time when you weren't sure how to help a customer, what did you do and how did it turn out?
      -Tell me a time when you disagreed with someone, how did you handle it?
      -Tell me a time when you gave an opinion that positively changed an outcome, what was it?
      -Why are you applying for this job and why do you see yourself as a good fit for it?
      -What makes you different than other applicants for this position?

Generic, you could probably find all of them by simply typing "interview questions" into google, but you better have an answer cause there is a load of those questions.   1 Answer