Target Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Technician Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Application was online, and the store called the phone number on file to schedule an interview. At the interview, I had 1:1 interviews with 5 people: HR, Pharmacy Team Lead, Guest Services Team Lead, Hard Lines Team Lead and Electronics Team Lead. HR was the last interview, and they gave me an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where a customer was upset, and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I went into the store and applied in the kiosk they have set up in Guest Services for job seekers. That process took about 30 minutes. You are required to fill out background information about yourself (where you live, education, past employment history, etc.) About 24 hours after I filled that out, I received a call from their Human Resources Manager asking me to come in for an interview the next day with the pharmacist. I interviewed with the pharmacist for about 45 minutes, and was asked to schedule a second interview with the Pharmacy Manager, Store Manager, and Human Resources Manager. I did this two days after the initial interview and was offered the position immediately following the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you made a mistake and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

AP Technician Investigations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

They asked mostly situational questions. Questions related to previous job experiences and qualifications. Wanted very detailed answers. Very straightforward about the hiring process. Friendly staff. Also allowed me the opportunity to shadow current employees which was helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Parker, CO).

Interview

Starts with an online application and typical assessment questions, then followed by 1:1 with general managers and specific department managers. The whole process was a little more than a week from application to job offer. The interview process is pretty much what you would expect from a retail giant.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview with one pharmacist first, then you interview with the next pharmacist. They call you back for an interview with hr where they offer you the position. After that you take your drug screening and then you go to orientation a week later and then you start the job soon after!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview process is very easy. You interview with Human resources and a pharmacist or both pharmacist. I interviewed with all 3 however because there was a new Human resources person who did not know me and wanted to make sure I was the right fit before sending me to the pharmacy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Plainville, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The HR lady, who set up the interview date and time, totally ignored me. I was a few minutes early and the nice woman from the customer service desk brought me back. The HR lady was told I was there and she responded "I still have 3 minutes left on my lunch." She then proceeded to stand in front of me at the time clock and look at her watch for 3 minutes. She still continued to act like I wasn't there. She must have walked past me 20 times while I sat in the hallway waiting. She wouldn't even make eye contact. She actually never spoke a word to me. A nice woman from the customer service desk helped me out. I overheard the nice woman tell the HR lady that no one was available to interview me. The HR lady grabbed a random pharmacist to do the interview. The pharmacist barely asked me questions, interrupted me when I did try to answer, told me that the pharmacy was bought out by CVS and they suck to work for, told me that all of the techs were leaving because they didn't want to work for CVS, then told me the shift I was interviewing for was never available to begin with. I still can't believe I wasted my time!

Interview Questions

• A few of the basic "What is your weakness?" "What would you do if you have a difficult customer?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Batavia, IL).

Interview

Two separate interviews were conducted, each by a pharmacist. The questions were similar to questions for the entry level position I already held. This was technically an entry level position, so no prior experience was needed, just a will to learn.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used team work to overcome a difficult task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted within a week of applying online. I completed a phone interview the next day and was invited for a face to face interview with the pharmacist the following day. At the interview, the pharmacist asked me the exact questions that were asked during the phone interview and within 10 minutes I was gone. Nothing about the pharmacy itself was explained to me and was not told what to expect next (phone call/email) about the process. It seemed extremely unprofessional. A few days later I received an email saying they could not offer me the job. It was a huge waste of time!

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation where you had to involve another person to solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Cupertino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call within a week to schedule a meeting, had the interview and was offered the position on the spot.

They are not competitive. I worked as a senior certified pharmacy technician at Walgreens and left the company at $22hr. Target offered $16, refusing to negotiate. I've been a cert. pharm tech for 7 years. I declined their offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you didn't get along with a coworker or student? What would your coworkers or classmates say are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question