Target Warehouse Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Warehouse Worker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.4

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different supervisors. Took a long time. Lots of scenario based open ended questions. More in depth than most low level job interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you resolved a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Seasonal Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fridley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fridley, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Lots of situational questions, "name a time" was about 75% of the interview. I received a conditional offer on the spot. Drug test submission required 24 hours after offer, with a physical abilities test required within a couple weeks. The physical abilities test is lifting <40 pounds and setting it in different places for 6 minutes, as well as three different 3-minute interval stair climber exercises.

Seasonal Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Woodland, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied (last week of September) for a Target Distribution Seasonal Warehouse Worker position at the WOODLAND, CA location. About a week later (first week of Oct.), I received a phone call from HR and they asked me a some pre-screening questions and how the interview process works.

She stated the following:

- Seasonal warehouse workers get $15.07 an hour and depending on the shift, a pay differential.

- It’s an on-the-spot hiring opportunity and after my interview, I will either be escorted to an HR person for a job offer OR be escorted to the EXIT door.

- She explained the work week schedules are either 3/4 or 4/3. Three (3) days of work and four (4) days off OR Four (4) days of work and three (3) days off.

Saturday, Sunday and Monday (11.5 Hrs. a day) Off Tue., Wed, Thu, Fri

5:00 am – 5:00 pm
    5:00 pm – 5:00 am

Both shifts get pay differential (.85) for working on the weekends. Plus each day worked your last 1.5 hrs. you get 1.5 of pay.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (10 Hrs. a day) Off Sat, Sun, Mon

5:00 am – 3:30 pm
    3:30 p.m. – 2:00 am (Only this shift gets pay differential (.55) for working at night)

INTERVIEW DAY:

The interviewer called my name and escorted me to a room with about 12 tables spread out for multiple interviews. So chances are you'll be doing your interview with others in the room. In the interview I selected my top 3 shifts. I was also asked in preference which jobs I would like to do, Machine Operator, Inbound or Outbound. When I was finished with my interview, the interviewer escorted me to the hall for the next step in the process. I knew I was going to get job offer because he didn't show me the EXIT door. HR will take the group to another room and give you a CONDITIONAL offer and you either accept or decline. IF you accept, HR will explain CONDITIONAL.

Conditional offer is contingent on the following:

You pass a drug test (Either on the same day or you can comeback within the 24 hour deadline)
    You submit the background consent forms within 36 hours.
    You pass the Agility Test.

If you accept the conditional job offer HR will take you the nurse. You wait for the nurse and you take your drug test. On the spot, she will know if you tested positive or negative. If you test positive, you know what to expect. If you test negative, the nurse will tell you to see another nurse to setup a date and time to return for the Agility Test.

AGILTY TEST:

You can wear your gym clothes, I did. They have you put a strap around your chest with a heart monitor to read your heart rate. Before you start anything, the nurse will check your blood pressure. MY blood pressure was a little bit high but I was able to take the test. The nurse will read and demonstrate each part of the test for you as you move forward. The first part involves stepping on a box that is a foot high to the beat of the metronome. It's not fast at all. You will do this for 3 minutes. When you're done, the nurse will check your heart rate. Then you proceed to the box lifting portion. When the test starts you have 6 1/2 minutes to move the box in a sequence the nurse will explain.There is a box on top of a pallet (A) (which you will lift), 1 table (B) (waist high) and 1 table waist high with a top shelf (C). You will use the foot high box to reach the top shelf. Before you begin, you can fill the box with weights (small bean bags). You have to fill it only to your lifting limit. I did all the bean bags. Once you select the weight you can handle, you CAN NOT change it during the test or you'll have to start the sequence over. So be sure you can lift if repeatedly without straining yourself. Once you feel good with the weight, you start the sequence and the sequence is A, B, C, B, C (top shelf), B, A and done.This is one full lift sequence. Do the sequence 6 times within the time allotted and you're done. When your done, the nurse will check your heart rate for a last time and you can leave. The nurse sends the results to a third party and based on the test results, heart rate, age, weight etc., the third party will make a recommendation to Target. Results are not given same day.

NOW.... I'm waiting... once the background check is complete and I'm cleared for the agility test, HR will send me an email to attend an orientation.

10/12/2016 - Its been exactly one week from my agility test and I still haven't received my email for an orientation. I called and asked for a status update and It turns out, I didn't pass the agility test. I asked why and they were not able to tell me. They said I can call the third party facility, so I don't know if I wasn't fast enough or my blood pressure was too high. So, I didn't get the Warehouse Worker position. HOWEVER, they offered me a position as a Packer. Packers are not required to pass the agility test and the pay is about $2 less. I accepted!!

I got my email for the orientation the next day.

I'll UPDATE AS I GET MORE INFO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you influenced someone?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your job duties?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you helped someone while trying to complete your own assignment?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you improved someone's performance   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Newton, NC).

Interview

I filled out the application onlin and got a call for the interview pretty fast. Went in for interview there was like eight more people waiting withe. Had to sit and wait to be called back to a table where there was three different guys doing the interviews. Was not a very personal interview. Tell me about a time when....... was all the interview was. Then said they would call me back in 3 to 5 days if I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you helped a te achieve a goal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Newton, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Very long process, two hours which included two interviews, filling out paperwork with the HR department and on the spot drug test. After all that you have to wait about a week for your background to come back clean and to schedule a Physical Aptitude Test which includes stair stepping for 3 solid minutes at a set pace and then lifting a box thats 50 lbs while squatting as well as going up stairs a certain amount of times within a limited time frame right afterwards and having to do all of this without your blood pressure going over a certain number. Definitely the hardest interview and hiring process I've ever had to go through! After its all said and done it's all worth it because you just can't beat the starting pay, benefits and hours available.

Interview Questions

• What should be your first priority when working every day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a choice given my experience level as to what shift and location I wanted to work in. Depending on which one is available at the time that you accept depends on how much you will start out making.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call the next day about an interview. It gets scheduled 2 weeks after. I arrive and there are about 20-30 people in my group. We go inside, wait in the lobby for about 10 minutes until we get called up. We walk into a huge parking garage area where we watch a 10 minute video of what the job is. Then we get escorted upstairs for our interviews. We go up and immediately notice a huge curtain. To the right of where I'm standing is about 20 seats filled with people that finished their interviews, to the left, people waiting to take their interviews. Behind the curtain, the interviews are taking place.

The line moves very fast and it's my turn in 3 minutes. There are around 20-30 interviews being taken at the same time. 2 per desk, that was annoying. My interviewer was very nice and relaxed. Wasn't intimidating at all, which made me feel really comfortable. We joked around and talked quite a bit about our personal lives. The interview was about 15-20 minutes. It's all problem solving based. As he was escorting me out, we talked some more about my personal life. That kind of led me on a bit.

I sat in the waiting area for about 30 minutes as 2 groups of post-interviewees were taken by group leaders ahead of me, which was extremely frustrating. Eventually some lady comes out, escorts us downstairs, tells us to check our e-mails, we sign out, and leave. I get an e-mail 3 days later saying they cannot hire me at this time.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Albany, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Filled out app online and completed the online assessment, they called me to a schedule an interview shortly after I completed everything online, met with HR personnel, did drug screen after getting job offer from HR.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a conflict in the work place?   Answer Question
    • What is something you've done in the workplace that you're proud of?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy considering it was my second interview. I interviewed previously for a position and was given a seasonal position months later. I was referred by a friend who works with them, and he says it's better than where we used to work. I'll give it a try and see where it goes.

Udc Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Rialto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

You check in with security then a recruiter comes and takes you inside where a group of 50 people wait to be interviewed. All interviews are in the open and take about 15 minutes. You then have a seat and if you are a good fit.your name will be called and a job offer will be presented following a drug test in 15 minutes. If you didnt get the job. Tge interviewer will tell you they will get back to you...its a lie..you wont get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to help someone improve. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shafter, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Shafter, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

You are interviewed by two people who ask you why you'd like to work for target. This question seems to be a conversation starter which is not documented. They then continue with the questions that one of the people interviewing you writes your response for on booklet that they then turn in for hr purposes. Pretty much just follow the star method and get them to like you and look physically fit and everything should be fine. They seemed very happy, so give off an optimistic vibe and smile.

Interview Questions

• Questions not written down:
      Why target?
      Tell me about yourself?

Questions written down where you have to apply the star method:
      What is an example of a mistake you have made?
      What is an example of a time you influenced someone?
      What is an example of a time you had a conflict in a group setting?
      1 Answer