Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017
9,219 Interview Reviews

2.6

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

The company came to our campus for placements recently..but the team which came was not up to the mark....too students from our class which were not at all capable of performing well. Took extremely tough interview for some students..which they qualified easily and took too easy interviews for people who don't even know how to make program for prime number. I didn't sit for the interview but saw the biased process happening. Provided extremely unsatisfied results.

Interview Questions

• The morons asked poisson distribution,scalability from some people   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Lake Charles, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

It went very well had two interviews and was hired on the spot and the next few days it took a min to get started for work for some reason but from the looks of things you gotta be able to work at any given moment

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work, what's your streanght   1 Answer

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was really hard had 3 interviews all in the same day had to meet with 3 different managers and discuss me getting the job. They hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would say is your weakness?   1 Answer

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Richfield, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

HR called me and had us set up for an interview next week. I went in and went to the services and told them I was there for an interview. The employee called the HR, but the HR had a "complaining" tone as if "ugh who the hell am I interviewing now" kind of tone. I thought it was quite RUDE because they're the HIRING MANAGER for a reason so they shouldn't be complaining about people coming in for an interview, especially when they're the one that was setting up the interviews in the first place. Anyway so I was told to go sit around and wait for the HR. I waited for 30 minutes and it turned out that the HR was "unable" to do my interview so she tried contacting the employees to let them know that she was gonna have the ETL do my interview instead (one of the employees told me this because she was wondering why I was just sitting there doing nothing for a long while so she left to go see what was going on). I waited 15-20 more minutes and no show so I just left the store. Bad experience, unorganized management, never applying to that Target again.

Interview Questions

• No interview because the HR and ETL kept me waiting for 45-50 minutes.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

Brutal! This was for a group of recently minted MBAs. We were brought in as a group of six. They made the environment highly "passive aggressive" and competitive. I've been an athlete all my life but was very uncomfortable in this experience.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall many questions but all I could think about was getting out of there quickly. The culture was terrible. My sister worked at Wal Mart corporate and treated her like a queen.   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Newport News, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Virtually all questions begin, "Tell me about a time when..." You were expected to present a situation, then an action you took to solve or address the situation, then you were expected to talk about the outcome of your actions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to calm down an unruly Guest.   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Newton, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Very long process, two hours which included two interviews, filling out paperwork with the HR department and on the spot drug test. After all that you have to wait about a week for your background to come back clean and to schedule a Physical Aptitude Test which includes stair stepping for 3 solid minutes at a set pace and then lifting a box thats 50 lbs while squatting as well as going up stairs a certain amount of times within a limited time frame right afterwards and having to do all of this without your blood pressure going over a certain number. Definitely the hardest interview and hiring process I've ever had to go through! After its all said and done it's all worth it because you just can't beat the starting pay, benefits and hours available.

Interview Questions

• What should be your first priority when working every day?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was given a choice given my experience level as to what shift and location I wanted to work in. Depending on which one is available at the time that you accept depends on how much you will start out making.

Executive Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in May 2016.

Interview

The first step is with a recruiter which went well. She even told me that the next steps would just be a formality because I was a lock for the position. After that there was a ridiculous assessment and grueling interview with brutal questions.

Interview Questions

• four questions are asked in a story problem method. they are looking for different quality traits to appear for each of the following questions.   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email from an HR rep stating that they would like to interview me over the phone within the next couple of days. When the phone interview was conducted, the recruiter gave me a brief overview of the position and what is normally expected. I was then asked to share a bit about myself; I was also asked a series of behavioral questions (e.g. Tell me about a time you failed to complete a project; tell me about a situation where you helped an employee who wasn't meeting expectations). I was then provided more information about the company's expectations for their employees followed by a few more behavioral questions. Once the difficult but pleasant interview was over, the recruiter informed me that there would be a follow up in about three days if I were extended a second, in-person, interview. About three days later, I received an email and phone call about attending the second set of interviews at the Regional and Food Distribution Centers. The recruiter then put me in contact with an HR rep at the RDC. I was also sent an invitation to complete a mandatory, hour long assessment which included scenarios and deductive reasoning questions. Shortly after, the RDC HR rep contacted me with date/time/location of the in-person interview (which was scheduled a couple of days out). When the day of the in-person interview(s) arrived, I was immediately impressed with the clean and relaxed atmosphere of the facility. I was met by friendly faces and given a tour (by an Operations Manager) of the RDC where I asked tons of questions and received tons of good answers. I was then brought up to a huge lobby area to meet with two senior executives. One of the pleasant employees provided me with a bottle of water while I waited. During the subsequent interview, the execs asked to hear a bit about myself and then launched a lot of behavioral questions (very nerve racking but pleasant). I was then asked to wait in the lobby again to meet two more executives. They asked me, pretty much, the same questions as during the previous interview. Both interviews lasted about an hour. I was then sent over to the Food Distribution Center for a second tour. To my surprise, I was interviewed (informally) by two more executives. Eventually, I was linked up with the FDC Logistics Manager who showed me around the impressive FDC. After the process ended, and a couple days later, I was offered a job. Overall, the experience was pleasant from start to finish and observing the people really made me very enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why do you you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Lafayette, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Because I was an internal hire, all of my interviews were phone interviews and because I have an Android instead of an iphone, they were calls and not FaceTime interviews. I had to go through four interviews and found out about my next one only after I passed the previous interview which was somewhat stressful as I constantly felt as though I didn't have time to thoroughly prepare. I know that the new process for an ETL typically only requires three interviews now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to leverage your peers to deliver something on time.   1 Answer