Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

8,348 Interview Reviews

2.7

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Newton, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Very long process, two hours which included two interviews, filling out paperwork with the HR department and on the spot drug test. After all that you have to wait about a week for your background to come back clean and to schedule a Physical Aptitude Test which includes stair stepping for 3 solid minutes at a set pace and then lifting a box thats 50 lbs while squatting as well as going up stairs a certain amount of times within a limited time frame right afterwards and having to do all of this without your blood pressure going over a certain number. Definitely the hardest interview and hiring process I've ever had to go through! After its all said and done it's all worth it because you just can't beat the starting pay, benefits and hours available.

Interview Questions

• What should be your first priority when working every day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a choice given my experience level as to what shift and location I wanted to work in. Depending on which one is available at the time that you accept depends on how much you will start out making.

Executive Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in May 2016.

Interview

The first step is with a recruiter which went well. She even told me that the next steps would just be a formality because I was a lock for the position. After that there was a ridiculous assessment and grueling interview with brutal questions.

Interview Questions

• four questions are asked in a story problem method. they are looking for different quality traits to appear for each of the following questions.   Answer Question

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email from an HR rep stating that they would like to interview me over the phone within the next couple of days. When the phone interview was conducted, the recruiter gave me a brief overview of the position and what is normally expected. I was then asked to share a bit about myself; I was also asked a series of behavioral questions (e.g. Tell me about a time you failed to complete a project; tell me about a situation where you helped an employee who wasn't meeting expectations). I was then provided more information about the company's expectations for their employees followed by a few more behavioral questions. Once the difficult but pleasant interview was over, the recruiter informed me that there would be a follow up in about three days if I were extended a second, in-person, interview. About three days later, I received an email and phone call about attending the second set of interviews at the Regional and Food Distribution Centers. The recruiter then put me in contact with an HR rep at the RDC. I was also sent an invitation to complete a mandatory, hour long assessment which included scenarios and deductive reasoning questions. Shortly after, the RDC HR rep contacted me with date/time/location of the in-person interview (which was scheduled a couple of days out). When the day of the in-person interview(s) arrived, I was immediately impressed with the clean and relaxed atmosphere of the facility. I was met by friendly faces and given a tour (by an Operations Manager) of the RDC where I asked tons of questions and received tons of good answers. I was then brought up to a huge lobby area to meet with two senior executives. One of the pleasant employees provided me with a bottle of water while I waited. During the subsequent interview, the execs asked to hear a bit about myself and then launched a lot of behavioral questions (very nerve racking but pleasant). I was then asked to wait in the lobby again to meet two more executives. They asked me, pretty much, the same questions as during the previous interview. Both interviews lasted about an hour. I was then sent over to the Food Distribution Center for a second tour. To my surprise, I was interviewed (informally) by two more executives. Eventually, I was linked up with the FDC Logistics Manager who showed me around the impressive FDC. After the process ended, and a couple days later, I was offered a job. Overall, the experience was pleasant from start to finish and observing the people really made me very enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why do you you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Lafayette, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Because I was an internal hire, all of my interviews were phone interviews and because I have an Android instead of an iphone, they were calls and not FaceTime interviews. I had to go through four interviews and found out about my next one only after I passed the previous interview which was somewhat stressful as I constantly felt as though I didn't have time to thoroughly prepare. I know that the new process for an ETL typically only requires three interviews now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to leverage your peers to deliver something on time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is the most difficult I have ever gone through. The questions are all situation and behavioral based. There are four rounds of interviews and it was challenging to even get a phone interview with them to begin. The good thing is all rounds of the interview process are very similar. The interview begins with them asking you to tell you about yourself and what you are involved in and things of that nature. Then for the first three rounds of interviews they will ask you four behavioral type questions. The last round interview I was only asked three questions. Each interview lasts about 20-30 minutes and all four of mine were conducted via phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used effective communication to understand what someone else was saying?   2 Answers

Flow Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online was called back 4 days later. Did the first two interviews at the store. The last interview was with the district manager over the phone. After doing the interview it is clear that Target is a company that does care about their employees. They made sure that as a manager I would treat their employees fairly. Friendly atmosphere. Just be yourself. If you are not being yourself it will come out. There was a lot of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • what is your greatest strength and weakness   1 Answer
    • as a leader tell me about a time you improved a process   Answer Question
    • name a time you gave constructive feedback to fix a complex problem and what was the result   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiatiin. Before the first interview I was told what job was open and what the starting pay was. It was all very straight forward

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

STAR method will be used throughout the entire interview. This is NOT the type of interview that you can simply bs, you need to prepare yourself by learning about the company as a brand, provide outstanding interview responses which are all situational based, and always represent yourself as a leader.

I went thru 5 interviews within 3 weeks, each interview was intense. Please take this process seriously, because you have the potential to have a rewarding career. This company looks for well rounded candidates, so you have to be personable, professional, and willing to work hard if not then isn't the company for you. I prepared ALOT for each interview that was scheduled, about an hour after my last interview I was offered the job! Also, you must have at least Bachelors degree for this position, they will perform educational and criminal background checks.

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

I met target at a career networking event, followed up at career fair, and was selected for an interview on campus. My on campus interview was fairly straightforward. Target overall asks more complex questions than other interviews that I have had. About a week later I found out that I had been selected to go to Minneapolis in 5 days for a final interview at HQ. The day started with a speaker and then 2 interviews, lunch, and then a tour of Minneapolis.

The interviews were extremely difficult. My first interviewer came into the room, said his name, and asked the first question. No small talk at all. He would not make eye contact with me and his phone went off during one of my answers. The second interviewer wasn't as rude but not professional. Overall I felt like Target wasted a lot of my time to fly all the way there and not even listen to me. I don't know what they're looking for or if they already have candidates in mind, but my overall HQ experience made me have 0 desire to work for them and even shop with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you experienced conflict in the workplace and had to go to a supervisor to seek help? What did you do? What did they say?   Answer Question

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

A friend who works for Target forwarded my resume to their recruiting staff. About a week later I recieved an email requesting a phone interview. During this interview we talked about my resume and the merchandising business analyst position. I am not a business major so it was a bit surprising when they told me this was the position they were considering me for. I agreed to a second interview. After a rather lengthy game of email tag (around 2 months) this one was set up in person. The interview questions were very simple behavioral "tell me about a time when" type questions. It was a very positive experience and I was shown around Target headquarters which was pretty cool. After that interview I was sent an email explaining I needed to take an online test. Maybe this is common for business majors but I was completely blindsided by its difficulty. If I remember correctly, you are given 30 minutes and there are around 25 questions to answer. These questions were terribly difficult for me. An example would be something like "Sally arrives at work before Bob. Bob arrives after Kim. Kim comes late on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. John always arrives after Sally etc. etc. who is the second person to arrive after Bob?" I don't think I would have had trouble finding the answers were it not timed, but to me doing these questions in roughly a minute a piece was simply impossible. I suspect there is an order of operations method to solve these types of questions quickly, which made me feel a bit cheated if I'm being honest. I akin it to asking students to solve derivatives without teaching them the short-hand method first. Of course the one kid in the class who has an older sibling that made them aware of it will be able to solve the problems faster. Does that in any way reflect them having intrinsic problem solving skills or intelligence above their peers? No. That is how I felt about this, and despite my positive experience with the recruiters it didn't leave me with the most positive impression of the hiring process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

1 behavioral interview, phone screen, they were pretty standard interview questions. not anything too different. really recommend knowing your resume and your backgrounds. practice general interview questions. look your best and be genuine and humble. culture really seemed to value those qualities.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume   1 Answer