Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

8,347 Interview Reviews

2.7

Apparel Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to be an Apparel Team member online at home. They asked me for all the usual background things and after that I took a what would you "describe yourself better personality" test. After I got a call a week later asking what times I would be able to come in for an in person interview. I came into the interview pretty nervous (my first in person interview) and spoke with someone who wasn't the original person I had arrangements with. Luckily she was really approachable and made me feel much better going into the interview. Unfortunately, the HR rep wasn't in so I wasn't able to proceed with the second interview on the spot but was told I'd come back in to finish it off in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for target?   Answer Question
    • If we contacted your previous supervisor, what would they say your greatest strength is? (Paraphrased)   Answer Question
    • If we contacted your previous supervisor, what would they say your greatest weakness is? (Paraphrased)   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to stand up for yourself?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you were interrupted to do a different task? (Paraphrased)   Answer Question
    • In some cases, you will need to operate the cash register or work in a different area, are you okay with this? (Yes or No answer)   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Savannah, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first given a tour of the facility. I was then interviewed by 4 people that were in groups of 2. It was primarily behavioral based questions. The whole process that day took about 4 hours. DC operations are round the clock. You will either work Friday-Sunday 12 hour shift, or Monday-Thursday 10 hour shifts, however, I was also told I would have to come in earlier and stay later in order to be a team player so really, you'll be working more then 10 hour shifts. Majority of your time will be spent on the floor with your team of material handlers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did not agree with a coworker.   Answer Question

Hardlines Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Application was done online. The interviews were straightforward. One phone interview and one in-person interview. Had to do an employee assessment test in the store. I called about a week after I submitted my application to see if they had reviewed it yet, which was when they offered to set up my first phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Fredericksburg, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

team lead interviews you, then the etl right after. They'll hire you on the spot if you impress, which is not terribly hard to do. They then set up one day to come in and get trained and that's all you need.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in September 2016.

Interview

Easy to answer questions. They were really nice I just acted like myself and I was fine. Don't overthink answers but keep responses professional. Use common sense and be yourself to get hired.

Department Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick and simple, could of hard questions but based on experiences in life. Give you a packet with questions . 3 Interview in total. Be honest ad you will do great

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

recruiter calls gives me 1st shift options 6am-6pm sat-mon. When I do interview it was for 3rd shift only I said I can't do that d explain what lady said when she called

Interview Questions

• Put in order from most important to least. Safety, production, attendance, quality.   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Norman, OK) in January 2014.

Interview

Three stages, each with a different level of senior management. All of the interviews were based on 4-5 situation based questions, typically with something like "Tell me about a time when..." or "When did you last..."

They are looking for Situation, your behaviors, and the outcome. How concise, coherent, and closely relevant the answers you give are all scored to give them a pass/fail rating.

You get to do at least 2 of the 3 interviews regardless of how you fare. The final one only comes if you pass the first two.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a supervisor on an issue. How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Riverside, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process management just reads questions off a script and you just tell them what they wanna hear. You sit in a room with them towards the back of the store. Then you will interviewed again by another person asking the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about customer service
      And how you deliver your full attention to GUESTS not customers, and enjoy helping those who need it as well as suggesting other alternative products in case Target does not carry them.
      Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Charleston, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews. With HR, STL, and DTL. I went for the fist one with my HR and they helped me to get ready for my last one which was with the DTL. They were friendly and very nice. they gave me last than what I ask for but it was fine. I loved my DTL and STL. I enjoyed working for both of them. BUt after few months they left the company.