Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

9,193 Interview Reviews

2.6

Apparel & Accessories Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Coral Springs, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. They asked easy questions about your previous work history and you experience in the area you applied to. I did both interviews on the same day which took a few about 2 hours. The interviewers were really nice and seemed very interested in what I was saying.

ETL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

There are 3 interviews with different leaders. You interview with Store Team Leader first, then with District Team Leader and the last interview is with the Group Human Resources or Group Leader. All interviews are situation-behavior-outcome type.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you challenged the status quo?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with your boss or peer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Relatively straight forward interview process. Starts with a meet and greet and goes into 3-4 scenario based questions. After your first interview you may be asked to take a second one that day or later in the week. Overall an easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a superior. What was the disagreement and how was it handled.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cockeysville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Cockeysville, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

It's a pretty laid back interview that briefly goes over work history and education but will give you job if you make good enough of an impression. They want you to fit position but aren't looking for anything too amazing.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter I worked with was incredibly friendly and I meet her before my interview at a career fair which made the process a lot more comfortable. Interview was more intense than I expected, all behavior based and they make a lot of marks/comments when you are talking. Told me I could take a second if I needed to answer a question but did make a small mark on her paper when I did. Overall great conversation though and the interview flowed well.

Beauty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Joliet, IL).

Interview

I applied for the beauty team member position online and a week later got called in for the interview. I had 3 separate interviews over the span of 2 days and was offered the position on the day of the last interview.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was quick, got an email after applying and set up an interview. Asked me if i would be willing to work full time i declined because of school. Continued talking about different positions id be willing to take up to fit my schedule.

Interview Questions

• A lot of strengths and weakness questions. Why do you want to work at target   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed. Made you feel comfortable. Questions were fairly easy to understand and answer. Not much stress. Team was concerned more with overall ability more than education. This style of interviewing was probably one of the best I've had in my job searching.

Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I got an interview through my schools career fair and did the interview on campus the following week. There were two rooms set up with 2 separate sets of managers. Did both interview in about 45 minutes including wait time between rooms. Most of the questions they wanted specific examples.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation where you had a conflict with someone and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I've always wanted to work for Target and was recruited by a current team member. I applied online, and got a call back a few days later to schedule an interview. I had my first interview with one of the managers and then directly after that I had my second interview with the HR manager. After the interview she basically said she wanted me on the team and presented me with a job offer. A few days later I was called to come into orientation the following day. Honestly just be super friendly and if you don't know the answer to one of the situational questions just say something like "in a situation like that it's important to be..." and so on. If you're thinking about applying make sure you have a very open schedule because, especially in the holiday season, they're going to want you to work a lot. Also it's okay if you answer the same thing for the questions in different interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
    • If I called one of your managers what would they say is an area of strength for you?   Answer Question
    • If I called one of your managers what would they say is an area of weakness for you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you and your team member had a disagreement.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you changed someone's mind with your attitude.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to multitask and how did you handle it.   Answer Question