Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017
8,453 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I was offered the job while I was working seasonal part time due to my experience and the store just fired the guy so it was just a interview with store manager and DFM

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. The interviewer asked me questions about my previous work experience. Next step was an in person interview at the store. I met with two people who asked more similar questions about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision under difficult circumstances.   Answer Question

Executive Team LeaderGuest Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was recruited at my university's career fair for the summer internship. After the career fair, I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about 2 days later. She explained the role and asked for a first interview. The first interview was over the phone with her. Very simple questions, mostly about my background/experience and what I wanted to do after college. I was contacted a day or 2 later for a second round interview. This time it was with a Store Team Lead (STL). It was on my college's campus and it lasted about 30 minutes. It was a bit more difficult of an interview, the STL spoke about the company and the position but also dug deeper into my future goals. A few days after that interview I was contacted for a third round interview, this time with the Distrcit Team Leader (DTL). This one was more intense, it was back to back behavioral questions. The DTL was a little intimidating and hard to read. I did A LOT of research on him beforehand and had a list of questions to ask him. I was offered the position the next day. I completed the internship successfully and was offered a full-time ETL role after graduation; which I accepted bc the salary is great for a recent-grad! They did not interview me again for the ETL position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you disagreed with a colleague/superior?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you led a group to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Omaha, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

Formal yet thorough. Helpful. Enlightening. Inspiring. Direct. Humbling. On-time. Fresh. Informative. Grateful to have the opportunity. Nervous to present qualifications but eager to shine my past, talent and skills. Invigorating.

Interview Questions

• How can you fit our company.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy. It was a two part process. First a guy interviewed me. The questions were really easy. He had a packet that he read from and paraphrased my responses. Then I did the second part with his supervisor. It was the same process, she asked me a few questions and wrote my answers in a packet. I was asked for my availability and then the interview questions. I met with HR and got my offer letter on the spot

Interview Questions

• Is your availability still the same?   1 Answer

Reverse Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kahului, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Kahului, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application and got a call the next day for an interview. I went for the interview the next day and it went very well. It was quite casual and friendly. The standard questions were asked about myself and then we got into the questions that have been previously posted by others. I unfortunately didn't get the job but it was a good experience none the less.

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Des Moines, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

They asked questions off a packet , wrote down our answers, and then asked if I had any questions at the end. And then they set up my second interview right in front of me.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes, spoke with a recruiter about a position as an executive team leader at a Target in Milwaukee. She only asked a couple questions about myself and then we mostly talked about the position. The interview went okay but afterwards I wasn’t completely satisfied with the position.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted four days later for an interview. Came in for the interview about 15 minutes dressed nicely and waited a little while for the team leader to interview me, like many of the reviews online say if you don't get a second interview you most likely didn't get the job.

Luckily I advanced to the second interview with the executive team leader (ETL) where he also asked me a few questions. At the end he said I would be contacted within a day, good or bad, which made me a little anxious I read online that a lot of people were offered it right on the spot. The next day I got a call early in the morning where I was asked to come in, I did so thinking I was getting a job when I talked to another ETL but over a different department. He explained that they had no positions left in the original department I applied for which was logistics (Back of the store) and said that the former ETL guy suggested I'd be a better fit to work in his department. (Front of the house) I agreed because I was just eager to get a job and he was ecstatic about it.

Although it wasn't the original position I had applied for he and everyone else on the team look like they'll be fun to work with. After he said he was giving me a job offer he took me to HR where the lady sent in my background check and scheduled me for orientation.

SIDENOTE: It's hard to find reviews where people have had second interviews but weren't offered a job offer right away on glassdoor, I thought I was one of the few who had not been considered but I was so even if you think you may not have done good if you weren't asked right away and instead told you'd be contacted keep on to the chance that you will get it. The interview questions on here are also a bunch that will be asked in the interview to help prepare. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at target?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you disagreed with a coworker and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

recruiter calls gives me 1st shift options 6am-6pm sat-mon. When I do interview it was for 3rd shift only I said I can't do that d explain what lady said when she called

Interview Questions

• Put in order from most important to least. Safety, production, attendance, quality.   1 Answer