Target Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview 1 week after. I arrived to the interview 20 minutes early and was called in 40 minutes after. There were two interviewers and they took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time in your life you had to deal with a stubborn individual.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to target and a different one had called me which I kind of didn't want to go to, but the said I could apply as a sales floor member that can take some cashier shifts, I wanted to be a cashier in the first place.

My interview was awful, they called me about a week after turning in my online application. I was told to come at 12 pm for my interview so I showed up around 11:50 am and was lead to the break room to and wait for someone to come because "they didn't know who was interviewing me" so I waited there till 12:15 pm, one lady came asked for my name and left. Then at 12:30 pm someone finally came to interview me and they told me that everyone was on lunch break.

I had sat in a Small room and he read directly off the packet with all the questions on it. He seemed uninterested and it felt like they already had the position filled by the way he was talking. He asked me questions, told me they needed someone who could working nights and weekends (which I could do) and then he told me they didn't have someone to do the 2nd interview so they would call me to plan it, then he told me a lot of other people were having their second interview that day.

So 3 days later I got no phone call but and email saying they were unable to offer me a job. It was really upsetting seeing how I had to wait 30 mins and have a 15 min interview and told to wait for a phone call for nothing. Seemed very strange epically since I had prior retail/ cashier experience Too

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy process. First they took you to a room behind the scenes and asked typical questions about how you handled certain situations and what would you do if...etc. Then I was asked to do a second interview right then and there. Talked with manager and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where something unexpected happened and how you handled that   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you turned around someone's attitude and how was the end result of that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Federal Way, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. About 3 days later, I received a call for a phone interview. The phone interview took place 3 days after the initial call (due to the weekend). The phone interview went well and lasted about 15 minutes. I was told they would call back in the next 24 hours, which they did that afternoon. I went in for a face-to-face interview the next morning. I was early and was called back. I was asked very similar questions to what I was asked over the phone, told I would be contacted within 3 days. I received an email saying thank you for your interest but they were unable to offer me a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time your behavior turned a situation around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got an interview over the phone, then one in person. The interviewer was a little late but he was really friendly. The interview was laid back and easy.

Interview Questions

• What as one time you had to be a leader?
      Why are you interested in working with Target?
      Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. You interview with two separate people, one from the area you are applying to and usually the HR. The questions they ask were the standard interview questions and they take notes of your answers. I was offered a job within an hour of completing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a challenge you faced and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There are a couple of rounds for interviews. You can apply online or in the store. I was interviewed by a Team Leader (assistant manager) and then by an ETL (manager) in the same day. I was called back for a third interview a few days later but it really turned out to be an offer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The first interview is with a Team Leader. They ask about your skills and application. The second part is with an Executive Team Leader. They decide if you get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

There is an online application at Target.com. They will call you for an over-the-phone interview and if you pass this first interview they will call you in for a second interview at the store. They may hire you on the spot or will tell you to come in for another interview. They might take some time to hire you and will tell you they'll get back to you over the phone within the next few days; sometimes this is an indication that you aren't hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you showed initiative. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you sought help from someone in a higher position than you. How did you do this, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolved the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Huntington Station, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the Target.com website. I submitted my application after completing it. The next day I received a call asking what time would be good to set up an interview. During the interview they believed I did well and was hired on the spot. I also did not have any prior work experience or resume at the time.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you faced and how you overcame it   Answer Question