Target Executive Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,301 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,301 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Got an email from HR to set up an interview. Phone interview with HR. Was asked several questions about my experience and background. A day later I was told the results.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met with recruiters the first time at my university's career fair (be very friendly, attentive and outgoing, they decide who they're going to interview from the campus based off of how you communicate with them). First interview was on campus with two ETL's. Second round of interviews was a Face-time call then phone call with two different people, but this round can be in person if you are close enough to the district they want you to be in. Be very prepared for STAR questions, all three interviews will be made up of those. It was very helpful to have scenarios ready with a beginning, middle, and end. If you do not give them the outcome in your answer, they will ask for it. Be as prepared as you can be but no matter what go into the interview with a positive attitude and mindset!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you asked many questions and came up with a different answer than you had originally thought   Answer Question
    • Describe your leadership in one word   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to give negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you received negative feedback   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target in April 2017.

Interview

Long process, some times disorganized but was a great learning experience. They asked a lot about behavioral based questions. Just look up some of their questions and used past experience to relate

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I met a recruiter at my college career fair and was scheduled for an interview the following week. During the interview, they asked fairly basic behavioral questions, as well as why I wanted to work for Target. The interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave exemplary customer service
      What is a time when you asked questions and subsequently changed your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Target does a thorough job in interviewing leaders for stores. You are sent through a phone screen first, then to an in-person series of "round robin interviews" with groups of people with behavioral interview questions. The process takes about half a day if you do well and typically meet with one of the senior leaders if they are thinking of offering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and what did you learn?   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader (ETL) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Signed up for initial interview at career fair. Target provided some optional interview prep which I found beneficial. First interview was w/STL and ETL. Starts with small talk and your elevator speech. Then STAR questions come from a printed packet. At this point interviewers will begin to take heavy notes. I interviewed for about 30 min - after I was brought back in and told I'd be moving forward. Next interview I had the option (implied) of 1:1 or Skype interview. Tip: if you have the time/option, go meet in person. This gesture goes a long way with employers and allows you to show off many of your professional formalities (handshake, attire, eye contact, posture, non-verbals, etc.). This interview was with a District Manager. I loved the interview process with Target. They were friendly and most importantly professional, great experience.

Tips: (1) show up early and scan the store. From this develop some questions that let the interviewer know you got here early to analyze store operations. (2) Always dress for the position you want! They advertise "business professional" so make sure your looking 100. (3) Take 5-10 secs after STAR questions are asked to formulate your answer, this will save you from rambling on or skipping a step in the process. If you don't have an answer ask to come back to the question at the end. (4) Research the company and ask questions the interviewer didn't see coming, this shows interest. (5) Bring copy of resume on resume paper.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative to solve a complex problem?
      Why Target?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first step was meeting up with the ETL of the store accompanied by a HR. After two weeks, I got a call that I was forwarded to the next interview level with the District Team Leader which was the fina one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Mention a situation when you had to handle two things at the same time and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Highly refered by current employee in which I worked closely with with former employer. felt that I would be a GREAT asset to company from personal experiance. Was currently relocating to market recruiter knew this and still scheduled a assessment test in which I had a VERY short time to complete. Then had a 30 year retail professional interview with a 3 year(retail person) Store Manager( who admetted in the interview that TARGET wasnt his FIRST choice for Employeement). Didnt really understand why this happened. But as you enter the stores and see the way the employees act thier is a reason that they are always hiring.

Interview Questions

• Explain time in which i had to deal with a bad customer experiance?   Answer Question

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First interview is over the phone informal interview with the recruiter. Second interview is a behavior analysis style type of interview questions with the recruiter. Third interview is an onsite interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team to achieve a goal and what was your role and the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes, spoke with a recruiter about a position as an executive team leader at a Target in Milwaukee. She only asked a couple questions about myself and then we mostly talked about the position. The interview went okay but afterwards I wasn’t completely satisfied with the position.