Target Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017
1,598 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,598 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I let the the lady at Guest Service know I was there for my interview and she had me wait at the Cafe until someone came to get me. About ten minutes later I went back to the interview office with a Team Leader and went through the questions. They were fairly easy and most all of them were situational questions. I was told to wait in the office and that I was going to get a second interview right then. A different Team Leader came in and asked me basically the same questions but worded differently. Then I was offered the job on the spot and started two days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to work with someone who you disagreed with and how did you solve your issues?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasco, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Pasco, WA).

Interview

Interview process was easy. The interviewer made me feel welcomed and comfortable opening up to her instantly. Was only asked about 8 questions. 4 about scenarios in the work place and 4 about myself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They follow the STAR interviewing method by asking a "tell me about a time" where they want to know the Situation, Task, Action, Result. They want to know details and specifics so it's best not to summarize.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Saugus, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by Softlines Team Leader. She was super nice and easy to talk to. We just chat a little and then she asked me few standard questions from a sheet and noted my answers. 10 minutes later I was interviewed by one of Executive Team Leaders. The process was the same, a little chat and then about 5 questions from a sheet. He noted my answers on the paper. I was then offered a job.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Anchorage, AK) in March 2017.

Interview

Great and very informative interview. Treated me like I was already part of the team. Super friendly and answered any questions I had very effectively.
    They walked me through any possible position I could apply for and what best suit me

Interview Questions

• Situational questions with prior experience   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhurst, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Brookhurst, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later to schedule interview, had a 2 part interview.

Dress sorta formal/casual. Went with formal just to be safe but had black buttoned down dress shirt tucked in with skinny sorta reddish/purplish pants. Was gonna wear red pants cuz it fits with the color of the company being red but it was too bright so didn't seem appropriate.

1st interview was more of an ice breaker, them trying to get to know you. Few scenario questions and past experiences, hobbies, etc. 2nd interview was a bit more serious, more scenario base questions and some past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you were interrupted when doing a task and how you resolved it   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you were faced with someone you didn't agree with and how you resolved it (2nd interview)   1 Answer
    • Past volunteer experiences (because I have no real retail working experiences)   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I put in the application online and they got back to me two months later, which was somewhat convenient because I just quit my other job. They left me waiting for an hour and a half for my interview, and one of the applicants just got up and left because she got there a half hour before me. There were only two people interviewing. They told me to be there at 12:30 pm, I showed up at 12:15 pm and they told me 6 minutes. I didnt get interviewed until about 1:50 pm.The interview was only 15 minutes and somewhat simple, it was for me since I prepared for it. But, if youre not good at coming up with something on the spot, this interview might be difficult

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target? Describe a time when you had to work with someone you disagreed with. Tell me about a time when you overcame something that happened unexpectedly.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took a personality assessment test, and they had me do 2 interviews on separate days. The interviews were pretty standard and pretty easy. Standard questions, "Why do you want to work at Target?", "Tell me about your skills", etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a stressful situation, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

After applying, I reveived a call the next day. I was asked to come in for an interview, but it had to be scheduled a week out. After completing that interview I was invited to a 2nd interview, which was another week out. I was hired for the position following orientation, which was another week out.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted four days later for an interview. Came in for the interview about 15 minutes dressed nicely and waited a little while for the team leader to interview me, like many of the reviews online say if you don't get a second interview you most likely didn't get the job.

Luckily I advanced to the second interview with the executive team leader (ETL) where he also asked me a few questions. At the end he said I would be contacted within a day, good or bad, which made me a little anxious I read online that a lot of people were offered it right on the spot. The next day I got a call early in the morning where I was asked to come in, I did so thinking I was getting a job when I talked to another ETL but over a different department. He explained that they had no positions left in the original department I applied for which was logistics (Back of the store) and said that the former ETL guy suggested I'd be a better fit to work in his department. (Front of the house) I agreed because I was just eager to get a job and he was ecstatic about it.

Although it wasn't the original position I had applied for he and everyone else on the team look like they'll be fun to work with. After he said he was giving me a job offer he took me to HR where the lady sent in my background check and scheduled me for orientation.

SIDENOTE: It's hard to find reviews where people have had second interviews but weren't offered a job offer right away on glassdoor, I thought I was one of the few who had not been considered but I was so even if you think you may not have done good if you weren't asked right away and instead told you'd be contacted keep on to the chance that you will get it. The interview questions on here are also a bunch that will be asked in the interview to help prepare. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at target?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you disagreed with a coworker and how you solved it.   1 Answer