Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017
8,340 Interview Reviews

2.7

Cashier Interview

Interview

The entire process was completed in a fairly quick manner. The questions were very simple and actually quite easy. This is a great first job for anyone in need of sales associate, cashier, stock, barista and more.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online, had a referral from my sister.
    Interview was good and short.
    I think i had a second interview. They like you if you get a second one. On the second one, they hired me on the spot and told me to take a drug test that day.

If you do your interview and they don't mention anything about calling you back, more than likely didn't get the job (my sister is team lead and conducts interviews)

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Reno, NV).

Interview

Three total interviews, one by the starbucks team leader, one by another senior associate, and one by an HR associate. The process was somewhat relaxed and easygoing. Got props for bringing in a copy of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience when you persevered through a difficult or stressful situation   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

I applied online and corporate called me two weeks later. First I had an interview on the phone and then another in person. They have a series of three interviews called the "round robin." They are a great company but their interview questions were worded really strange and tripped me up.

Interview Questions

• They asked really tough questions and they were worded really weird   Answer Question

, Distribution Center Interview

Interview

Drab.
    Cold.
    Unexpected.

When I arrived in Amsterdam, NY, my reaction was "well this place makes Detroit look like Kokomo". The distribution center was a blue collar workplace. Ill-fitting jeans, hooded sweatshirts, and a general lack of ambition permeated every inch if the 1-billion square-foot space.

Target failed to inform me that other candidates had interviews during the same session. This translated to waiting for each candidate to receive an interview before me.

After a 3-hour wait, I saw the interview as an opportunity to have the worst interview of my life.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with someone that is different than yourself.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen with a recruiter. She just explained the position to me and asked general employment questions. Then she moved me forward with a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was in STAR format so I would recommend googling behavioral interview questions and practice answering them. After passing the phone interview, I was moved on to the DC. The DC was an incredible experience even though I was not offered the position. All the employees and Operation Managers were friendly and welcoming. The first step in the DC interview is a general tour of the building where you get a better feel of how massive and complex the process is. After, we went into a conference room where the HR rep, gave us a better overview of what to expect if we get the position such as roles and training. After that, there was two rounds of interview in the same STAR format. One with another HR rep and the DC manager. After that, with two Senior Operation Managers. The employees made the whole process smooth and relaxing which was a welcomed thing by my group.

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me about a time you solved problems
      2) Tell me about a time where you challenged a peer or leader to look at a process differently
      3) Tell me about a time where you collaborated with other people.
      4) Give me an example of when you received feedback
      5) Tell me about a time where you made a mistake
      6) Tell me about a time where you used a particular process to reach an end goal
      Answer Question

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed by someone who had nothing to do with the position I was applying for. Was told there was no opening in the position I was applying for, and then after being hired for something else, saw that it was actually open.

Interview Questions

• Can you have an open schedule?   1 Answer

ETL Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was a very organized interview process. You will be asked to talk a little bit about yourself. The interviewers are usually Store Team Leaders. And then your final interview will be with a District Team leader. So you will have three different interviews. Make sure to prepare to answer a lot of Behavior Based questions like "tell me about a time you did...." have an exact situation, behavior, and outcome. The DTL normally doesn't have a guide for interview questions, so he or she can ask you spontaneous questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceed your manager's expectations? What was the situation? What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Team Leader Interview

Interview

Interviewed with two managers, one being a team lead and the other, the store manager. The interview process was approximately one hour. I interviewed with both at the same time. They took turns asking me questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy asked me simple questions over the phone and then I came in for an interview where someone asked me more questions regarding my experience as a cashier. It was fairly easy and simple they informed me later that day that I got the position, however the pay was very low and even though I decided not to take on the role, it was still a pretty easy and following process.