Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

9,518 Interview Reviews

2.6

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First interviewed with recruiter on campus, then interviewed with a district director. The interviews weren't that hard. Mainly talking about yourself, what you can do for Target, and why Target. After that, district director asked me to go to one of the Targets in the area to speak with the manager.

The manager showed me around, explaining this internship to me, and we had an informal interview. Afterwards, he told me to email him and arrange a time to have a formal interview so we can proceed to the next step. I emailed him but he never emailed me back.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview

They were having a hiring event for the season but I had applied earlier. I went in and got an interview the same day. The interview went fine but I didn't get the job. They ask a lot of scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you and another person solve something together?   Answer Question

Apparel Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Encinitas, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Got called the same day I submitted the online application to set up an in person interview for the next day. Interviewer was ready right on time with a smile! Was taken to a side room and had a one on one with the interviewer. Was offered the job on the spot! The process took less than an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to work with someone that you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you think the management or process of doing things could've gone more smooth.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had the customer's needs and expectations in mind.   Answer Question

Supply Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I shown up 10-minutes early and was shown to the orientation room that had small snacks. Later, I was greeted by one supervisor for an one-to-one interview. They didn't have enough interviewers for the 2nd round, so they told me that I am free to leave and they will contact me if they like what they see.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Frisco, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

They called me 2 days after I sent in my application online and set an interview the next day. The manager that interviewed me was incredibly kind and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. He told me I had the job as soon as I was done answering his questions.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Morgantown, WV) in November 2017.

Interview

I was approx. 10 min. early for a 12:00 appt. I was told to tell the associate at customer service that I was there for an interview. The young lady at customer service said she would let him know I was there, just have a seat and he would be out soon. I looked around for a place to sit...she laughed and said go into the Starbucks and he will meet you in there. I sat inside the Starbucks for approx 15 min. I wondered if she meant the bench at the entrance to the Starbucks so I moved there for another 10 minutes...by this time it is 12:20 and I have another appt. at 1:00 so I tell the girl at customer service that I have to go and to let him know that I couldn’t wait any longer...she just stood there and looked shocked and said nothing as I waited so I left.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in November 2017.

Interview

Excellent company. Very thorough interview process. All the questions were professional and work related. The interview lasted over an hour and I never felt uncomfortable during the interview. The first interview was conducted via phone.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied at Indeed and got called in for an interview the next day. Talked to one person for 20 minutes and got the job at the end of the interview. Still waiting for my orientation date.

Cashier Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview a day later. Granted this is the holiday season so they are busy and need people, but it was still nice to be gotten back to in such a timely manner. I went in for my interview a few days later expecting to be told this is just seasonal and don't get your hopes up for more than that. However, I came out with the job and the promise that if you do well and show up, you can keep working. As a recent grad who hasn't been able to get a job in my field, I was slightly sad to be applying to a part-time retail job. After my interview I felt a lot better, as the 3 people I talked to all assured me that after talking to me they could tell I would move up the ladder fast, and even described positions they could see me in in the future. Definitely made me feel better and excited to start work!

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (West Covina, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called me about a week later to set up an interview. It took awhile for me to actually interview. I showed up 10 minutes early and was waiting about 30 minutes past my appointment time. However, the process was very straightforward, they asked about my availability and went straight into all the situational questions.